Caucasian man found dead in abandoned Buri Ram building with plastic bag over his head

Jonathan Fairfield

Caucasian man found dead in abandoned Buri Ram building

n1.jpeg

Image: Manager Online

A Caucasian man has been found dead in an abandoned building at a university campus in Buri Ram province, with his head was covered in a plastic bag connected to a metal container with gasoline.

Eyewitnesses were quoted by police as saying that a backpack and a large plastic bag thought to belong to the dead man was seen over the weekend, before police were notified on Tuesday after the stench drew the attention of passers-by.

The bag and the backpack contained personal items but no identity details of the late owner. Also found in the bags were a notebook computer and related equipment.

Police are attempting to learn the man’s identity and nationality. A coming autopsy would show whether he killed himself or was murdered, said police.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373474

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-23

Video: 77Jowo.com

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk. 

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dropped his bag at a different place with his notebook inside but all forms of ID he decided would identify him so he must have placed those elsewhere or buried them. Then he went to an abandoned building and wrapped his head in plastic and then tied a rope around his neck to a gasoline can. I will love to read how this is spun into a suicide. 

18 minutes ago, andre47 said:

"A coming autopsy would show whether he killed himself or was murdered, said police."

plastic bag over his head - can somebody kill himself like this?????

Exit kits, AKA euthanasia kits, available in a number of countries, often include a plastic bag. So yes, it's feasible. 

13 minutes ago, andre47 said:

"A coming autopsy would show whether he killed himself or was murdered, said police."

It’s one of the most common ways. People usually take an overdose of sedatives and once they’re drowsy they’ll tie a bag over their head. 

Based on the fact that absolutely nothing was mentioned that would suggest foul play , I’ll wait for more details before I automatically assume what looks like suicide is actually murder. 

Expat bar stool pilots love to add their “expert” opinion that every elderly farang who died here was murdered. Every 190 cm tall drunk Brit who falls off a balcony was pushed. 

I’m 193, my center of gravity is about 10 cm higher than the old, low hotel balconies. A couple times I’ve checked into a hotel, leaned against the balcony and almost fell over. 

Some terminally ill retiree in chronic pain decides to kill themselves rather that suffer and a dozen armchair quarterbacks feel the need to declare he was murdered by some gold-digging wife he’d been married to for 20 years.  

45 minutes ago, andre47 said:

Plastic bag only will be hard since you can't get rid of the Co2. The Co2 forces you to breathe. Just try it with a plastic bag - not to the end... If you remove the Co2 and the oxygen you will get unconscious and die without much suffering. You might not even realize the problem until it is too late. 

2 hours ago, andre47 said:

Sounds like you not been here long time enough. There is no limit to what people can achieve in this country. After 23 years, I am still amazed.

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Exit kits, AKA euthanasia kits, available in a number of countries, often include a plastic bag. So yes, it's feasible. 

At 75 I have already looked into exit kits for when it gets too much.

I have talked it over with my wife already. I would rather the money stays with my wife than paid out to a hospital in large chunks for the sanctity of life.

I have also set up a DNR as well.

I also believe in the right to die in my own way and at my own choice of time.

Don't you just love the way the police, with bare hands, rummage through the poor guy's belongings - looking for ................... what? What we might think of as money, goodies, valuables, or just his passport, etc.

It would have been less suspicious if they had worn surgical gloves to avoid smearing and potential evidence, don't you think?

the video gave them the look of avarice and enthusiasm........ worrying, eh? would they do that in my house when I die?

17 hours ago, andre47 said:

Of course he/she can. But he could also have been murdered, considering that no ID was found.

You can sell certain passports for good money. Why was there no ID< who travels without one?

Somebody must know the guy, methinkjs. 

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Never heard of that. In which countries is this legally available ?

17 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

Dropped his bag at a different place with his notebook inside but all forms of ID he decided would identify him so he must have placed those elsewhere or buried them. Then he went to an abandoned building and wrapped his head in plastic and then tied a rope around his neck to a gasoline can. I will love to read how this is spun into a suicide. 

What rope?

"I have talked it over with my wife already. I would rather the money stays with my wife than paid out to a hospital in large chunks for the sanctity of life."

I have have heard the same story many times in Thailand:
The elderly parent being kept alive in hospital. The son or daughter given false hopes of a cure by the doctor, spending every last dime in a vain attempt to "save" their parent.

The costs are so great as to send some people bankrupt!
The medical profession take advantage of this situation. It's an industry. No wonder they are against euthanasia.

I'd hate to think my children would waste large sums of money trying to keep me alive despite me having had a good innings and being past my use-by date.

17 hours ago, Guitar God said:

t’s one of the most common ways. People usually take an overdose of sedatives and once they’re drowsy they’ll tie a bag over their head. 

That is one of the opular ways to murder ... uh er, I mean commit suicide. That and balcony diving.

18 hours ago, thesetat2013 said:

It seems like a very hard way to murder someone....

42 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Of course he/she can. But he could also have been murdered, considering that no ID was found.

You can sell certain passports for good money. Why was there no ID< who travels without one?

Somebody must know the guy, methinkjs. 

Hmm, but if robbery/murder was part of the motive, why was the single most valuable item - the laptop - not taken?

1 hour ago, Bundooman said:

Don't you just love the way the police, with bare hands, rummage through the poor guy's belongings - looking for ................... what? What we might think of as money, goodies, valuables, or just his passport, etc.

It would have been less suspicious if they had worn surgical gloves to avoid smearing and potential evidence, don't you think?

the video gave them the look of avarice and enthusiasm........ worrying, eh? would they do that in my house when I die?

It's meant to be bad luck to steal off the dead but I suppose a farang doesn't count.

I've seen lots and lots of RTAs where Thais have died and they often empty the money out of the pockets and lay it on the chest. 

If you don't pay the reincarnator a fair amount then you don't get a cloud to sit on and you come back as a scabby soi dog

Archived