BANGKOK
sensei

Teacher's License Renewal HELP PLEASE

2hrs away. Not conveniant. Oh dear! life is tough sometimes.

A question for all those that have done the renewal. What does your professional development look like? Certificates and what not? How much is necessary and the quality of any of the coursework?

A question for all those that have done the renewal. What does your professional development look like? Certificates and what not? How much is necessary and the quality of any of the coursework?
At least 3 professional development activities during the 5 years of having the license.

http://site.ksp.or.th/about.php?site=englishsite&SiteMenuID=4617
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I left out a lot of spaces empty because I really didn't have much to write specifically on pages 4 and 5. The man insisted that I write something there. He sounded like the approval of my renewal is depending on this. He was looking like if I did not do what he asked me to do, he would not accept my papers so I did what he asked and took the paper back. I was torn because I...

- did not participate in a training course and received certificate that accrediting expertise in professional practice from the Teachers’ Council of Thailand

-have not taken training course relevant to the performance of duty

- have not obtained an academic standing promotion

-have not written a textbook or published an academic report within the past 5 years

- have not been awarded by the Teachers’ Council of Thailand or other educational agencies

and many other things... The man was literally asking me to pull stuff from my arse... 

Many of the things listed there did not apply to foreign teachers at all. Foreign teachers rarely get a pay raise and a promotion. We do not have ranks or levels to start with

Many of the seminars and conferences offered are in Thai- a language I do not understand.

I wrote stuff there but i didn't have certificates to support nor prove that I have done those things I listed there. 

I was asked provide a new picture and was asked to pay..

we'll see what happens in 2 months

• Thanks 2

A post with altered quote has been removed.   DO NOT change anything inside the quote box.