American man, Thai woman killed in Rayong motorcycle crash

webfact

American man, Thai woman killed in Rayong motorcycle crash

By The Nation

screenshot_111.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

An American man and a Thai woman were killed when he lost control of his powerful motorbike at a curve on a Rayong road and hit the sidewalk, sending both flying off the bike into a concrete barrier.

The Ban Chang police station said the accident happened in early hours of Tuesday on the Ban Chang-None Samlae road in Moo 3 village in Tambon Ban Chang in Ban Chang district.

Police said (name removed) died instantly when his skull was crushed on impact with the concrete barrier. He was wearing a crash helmet but the speed at which the accident occurred rendered the helmet useless. 

His pillion rider was identified as Nadda Kaisorn, 19, from Khon Kaen.

Police checked tyre marks at the scene and believe that the American was riding the Kawasaki Z100 motorcycle at a high speed when he lost control at the curve causing the front tyre to hit the pavement.

A group of Thai women, who were riding their motorcycles back home from work at a bar, spotted the bodies and called police.

They said the American left their bar after midnight and might have been driving back to his hotel in Pattaya.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373466

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-23

RIP 

left the bar in the early hours - perhaps staying in a 500baht room might have been a better choice than driving to pattaya - not ruling out the possibility that he may have been drinking, very stupid if he was

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i ride, if i have a girl on the back, I'm aware their life is in my hands so i ride very carefully. It would be fair to blame this guy for the thai girls death

One Isaan family just lost their bread-winner, in all likelihood.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

They said the American left their bar after midnight and might have been driving back to his hotel in Pattaya.

From that story it appears he had some really bad judgement, and it's fair to suspect that he had something stronger to drink than orange juice in that bar. Anyway, a sad story and very sad for their families. RIP.

Please pay attention readers. We have a lot of false information and speculation in the above the story and the comments section .

The Canadian man not American, Joseph Villeneuve. Was 43 years old. His girlfriend of 2 years now. Mid twenties. They both knew the streets well and were visiting her friends that night at local restaurant, then onto a local bar. Joseph spoke of his love for his Thai friend in very high regard and respect. To cheapen someones love ,friendship and there intentions without any of the facts . Is absolutely wrong . Please pay your respects and move along. 

Positive thoughts and facts only moving forward during the family’s mourning process. 

Nobody knows what happened for sure. My wife and I were riding through Pranburi yesterday around noon time. Some crazy driver in a new Raptor past us like we were standing still almost running us off the road. He was weaving like he was drunk. I was only doing 90 km/h. Point being without witnesses my wife of 17 years and I could have been killed and I will bet you TV psychics/detectives. Would have came up with a bunch of reasons blaming me. Sadly if family members or friends of the deceased search news about the accident they may read this thread.

15 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i ride, if i have a girl on the back, I'm aware their life is in my hands so i ride very carefully. It would be fair to blame this guy for the thai girls death

Think when your riding a M/C your life is in everyone else's hands also here????

6 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

Please pay attention readers. We have a lot of false information and speculation in the above the story and the comments section .

The Canadian man not American, Joseph Villeneuve. Was 43 years old. His girlfriend of 2 years now. Mid twenties. They both knew the streets well and were visiting her friends that night at local restaurant, then onto a local bar. Joseph spoke of his love for his Thai friend in very high regard and respect. To cheapen someones love ,friendship and there intentions without any of the facts . Is absolutely wrong . Please pay your respects and move along. 

Positive thoughts and facts only moving forward during the family’s mourning process. 

Thank you Hopper999 for giving us the background information and for correcting the factual errors in the OP. Much appreciated.

i agree some of the comments were speculative, however on a public forum it is not unreasonable to make some comments other than just offering commiserations to both families.

He was driving a very powerful bike, and you say he knew the streets well. I guess that, as a proper biker, he was wearing a good quality helmet, and not one that cost 200 baht from TescoLotus.

Yet, despite the hemet ‘... his skull was crushed on impact with the concrete barrier ... [and so] the speed at which the accident occurred rendered the helmet useless.’ 

For me that comment in the OP is both shocking in sad. There is more that I could say about the accident, especially as he had his girlfriend of 2 years on the back of the bike, but I appreciate that you are grieving for the loss of your two friends, so I will keep my thoughts to myself.

RIP to both Joseph Villeneuve and Nadda Kaisorn.

6 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

Positive thoughts and facts only moving forward during the family’s mourning proces

Your point is? The behaviour of this moron shows not only a  total disregard for his own worthless life, but also the life of his innocent girlfriend. None of this can be deemed to be an accident. It was probably inevitable that he would kill himself. The tragedy is that he also taken the life of a young woman, whom he claimed to respect. His actions demonstrated nothing but disrespect. You don't deliberately endanger the lives of those you supposedly love. 

Condolences to the Girlfriend's family and friends. 

7 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

The Canadian man not American, Joseph Villeneuve. Was 43 years old. His girlfriend of 2 years now. Mid twenties. The bike was a 1000cc not 100. They both knew the streets and towns well. They were visiting her friends that night at local restaurant, then onto a local bar. Joseph spoke of his love for his Thai friend in very high regard and respect. To cheapen someones love ,friendship and there intentions without any of the facts . Is absolutely wrong . Please pay your respects and move along. 

RIP the deceased and thanks for the update, Condolences to the friends and family. 

It would appear that he made a mistake in riding faster than his ability and the conditions, very sad for the family of his GF. 

It's is a pity that a 43 year old man who loved his partner and knew the road, showed little respect for her by driving at such a high speed that cost them both their lives.

8 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

Sadly, one positive thought from me is that he was probably driving under the influence of alcohol. RIP both victims.

Good day to all. I have been gathering detailed information from my friends traveling with the couple. This article needs to be taken down or re-written.  They have verified the couple was cut off and forced to jump the curb. This information is completely in accurate. The only facts are two people have passed. 

I'm happy we and the families have the truths and facts on what happened.  Haters and trolls. How is that working out for you ?

RIP MAY and JV 

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Riding too fast trying to impress the girl, guys do that all the time

My missus accuses me of doing that every night.. she say's I should slow down at my age I might miss the ending!

I have been gathering detailed information from my friends traveling with the couple. This article needs to be taken down or re-written.  They have verified the couple was cut off and forced to jump the curb. This information is completely in accurate. The only facts are two people have passed. 

I'm happy we and the families have the truths and facts on what happened.  Haters and trolls. How is that working out for you ?

RIP MAY and JV 

Archived