American man, Thai woman killed in Rayong motorcycle crash

webfact

Sad story, I am so sorry to read this. What horrific speed he must have been doing to destroy his skull in a strapped on helmet.

Rest in Peace folks. Young lives gone now and for what; A few moments of thrill, or perhaps a lack of mindfulness a split second of lack of attention and focus and death.

Many accidents apparently occur near the home on local, known roads.

I am grateful I never killed anyone as a young man riding and driving. I sure took a huge amount of risks, regularly gunning my bike for short bursts on suburban streets at way over the limit! 

Given the state of the roads in LOS,. steady moderate speed is a necessity to stay upright and alive.

At this sad sad news, let us all take a moment to ponder our driving abilities and behaviours on the road. Obey the rules ALWAYS, drive to the road conditions and NEVER exceed you capabilities.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

When i ride, if i have a girl on the back, I'm aware their life is in my hands so i ride very carefully. It would be fair to blame this guy for the thai girls death

Do show us the pictures you took, as you seem to have been there as you know all about it.

8 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

They have verified the couple was cut off and forced to jump the curb.

I can't visualize this, and the bodies were found later by ladies returning home from work. This sounds as if there is a cutter offer that didn't stop or realize what they'd caused. The police should be searching for the driver. For that information about cutting off would also indicate there is a witness or your friends have spoken with the cutter offer.

9 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

Good day to all. I have been gathering detailed information from my friends traveling with the couple. This article needs to be taken down or re-written.  They have verified the couple was cut off and forced to jump the curb. This information is completely in accurate. The only facts are two people have passed. 

8 hours ago, Hopper999 said:

Both had helmets. Expensive ones at that. 

Thanx.

As usual, 3 pages of bitter vitriol, and subjecture and probably/possibly bad guesswork from the haters on this forum.

Drunk. Too fast. Showing off. Bunch of Saddos.

Any excuse to play the blame game. Badly.

RIP to the deceased.

I'm confused by all this.  The damage to the helmet/skull would indicate an excessive speed.  But then it says that they were 'cut off'.  I'm not sure of this meaning, but in my book that means that an overtaking vehicle forced them off the road or to lose control.  How could anyone overtake them if they were travelling at speed?

Just trying to understand the scenario...

On 7/24/2019 at 1:03 PM, Tropposurfer said:

Sad story, I am so sorry to read this. What horrific speed he must have been doing to destroy his skull in a strapped on helmet.

Rest in Peace folks. Young lives gone now and for what; A few moments of thrill, or perhaps a lack of mindfulness a split second of lack of attention and focus and death.

Many accidents apparently occur near the home on local, known roads.

I am grateful I never killed anyone as a young man riding and driving. I sure took a huge amount of risks, regularly gunning my bike for short bursts on suburban streets at way over the limit! 

Given the state of the roads in LOS,. steady moderate speed is a necessity to stay upright and alive.

At this sad sad news, let us all take a moment to ponder our driving abilities and behaviours on the road. Obey the rules ALWAYS, drive to the road conditions and NEVER exceed you capabilities.

extreme extreme caution is the rule on thai roads. i too like big bikes but the possibility of death is very real and % is high. rip

Archived