Good street food Ekkamai/Phrom Phong

fin5prtw

Hi! 

I've recently moved into a condo on sukhumvit 65 and I'm really unimpressed by most of the local street food I've found so far. The noodle soup on sukhumvit road between ekkamai and phrom phong is pretty good, but I haven't found much else! Has anyone got any recommendations? 

Thanks! 

Near the Phra Khanong BTS is the W District outdoor food court with a wide variety of food foreign and Thai. If you want a good street food experience then go through W District to Soi 71. Off of that is sub Soi 2. The whole street is bustling at night.

3 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Near the Phra Khanong BTS is the W District outdoor food court with a wide variety of food foreign and Thai.

Also, pass there after they close and in the morning/noon hours leaving all the food leftovers on the tables. While it's dark, it's a big outdoor food court for the rats and after the sun comes out, for pigeons. But yeah, enjoy your food eating from the same tables that are only being cleaned when it rains.

14 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

Also, pass there after they close and in the morning/noon hours leaving all the food leftovers on the tables. While it's dark, it's a big outdoor food court for the rats and after the sun comes out, for pigeons. But yeah, enjoy your food eating from the same tables that are only being cleaned when it rains.

Nonsense. I live in W District. The whole area is cleaned, tables and all, every day before they open. Get a life. If you’ve never seen a rat or pigeon elsewhere in Bangkok then you don’t get out much.

29 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Near the Phra Khanong BTS is the W District outdoor food court with a wide variety of food foreign and Thai. If you want a good street food experience then go through W District to Soi 71. Off of that is sub Soi 2. The whole street is bustling at night.

Oh really? That's brilliant, thank you. Do you know roughly what time in the evening they tend to get going? I've strolled through W district late afternoon/early evening once before and it didn't seem like much was happening. I've got a young daughter so I tend to eat dinner quite early lol!

2 minutes ago, fin5prtw said:

Oh really? That's brilliant, thank you. Do you know roughly what time in the evening they tend to get going? I've strolled through W district late afternoon/early evening once before and it didn't seem like much was happening. I've got a young daughter so I tend to eat dinner quite early lol!

Places start opening around 6pm. Crowds vary because it is outdoors and the weather. There are usually more people from 7pm onwards. Be sure to go to the big food area in the back behind the condos. The front area on Sukhumvit is newly redeveloped and is nice but hadn’t been popular yet. 

There are a number of other restaurants in the area. Wander around some evening to check it out.

8 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Places start opening around 6pm. Crowds vary because it is outdoors and the weather. There are usually more people from 7pm onwards. Be sure to go to the big food area in the back behind the condos. The front area on Sukhumvit is newly redeveloped and is nice but hadn’t been popular yet. 

There are a number of other restaurants in the area. Wander around some evening to check it out.

Brilliant, thank you! I look forward to exploring soon ????

23 hours ago, Martyp said:

Nonsense. I live in W District. The whole area is cleaned, tables and all, every day before they open. Get a life. If you’ve never seen a rat or pigeon elsewhere in Bangkok then you don’t get out much.

It's not usual, as you seem to be suggesting, to see rats running over the tables, anywhere, perhaps you get out a bit too much!

Archived