Troops rolling into Bangkok – but it’s not a coup, says Army

webfact

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, ok. Will wait until after midnight on the 28th. to make a final decision on what this is.

You know its a coup when all the TV channels stop "normal" programs and all broadcast the same "coup logo" with calming background muzak.

17 hours ago, poohy said:

Military parades and  displays, nice...... very North Korean

Very USA, very Belgium, very France, very German, very Dänisch, very Brazilian, very Argentinian, very Chinese, very Maroc, very Iranian, very Nigerian......

Need I go on?

Prayut and current generals are from a different military fraction than a current army head if i am not mistaken and new army chief is removing Prayuts side for his side to take over.

do not think it’s allowed to post better or more detailed explanation due to some references but this is what is happening 

15 minutes ago, BestB said:

Prayut and current generals are from a different military fraction than a current army head if i am not mistaken and new army chief is removing Prayuts side for his side to take over.

do not think it’s allowed to post better or more detailed explanation due to some references but this is what is happening 

Too true to be good...maybe?

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

It comes to something when you have to warn the country this isn't a coup just a rehearsal????

Thinking the same thing.  It's pretty bad when the population has to be told It's not a coupe.  Even worse when one's experience leads us to not believe anything they say - - - - Such is the level of destruction of trust in Thailand - - -

1 hour ago, hansnl said:

Very USA, very Belgium, very France, very German, very Dänisch, very Brazilian, very Argentinian, very Chinese, very Maroc, very Iranian, very Nigerian......

Need I go on?

Wow! - You must have a good photo collection!

Can you post it so we can see?

8 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does Thailand even have an army? They appear to serve no useful function for society. And at this state of the game, they are actually moving the country backwards, and sucking its oxygen. 

Why do you think just about every country in the world has an army?

Just now, Baerboxer said:

Why do you think just about every country in the world has an army?

I understand the justifications. It was a rather satirical observation of how relatively useless and harmful they are, to this society. 

20 hours ago, poohy said:

Military parades and  displays, nice...... very North Korean

Lots of countries had military parades in the past. Even in my country of Canada we had military parades. Biggest annual military parade used to be the St. Julien Day parade celebrating Canada’s win in the Battle of St. Julien (Second Battle of Ypres) in 1915, on the western front in Belgium fighting the Germans in World War I. 

As a kid in the 1950’s and early 1960’s we used to go each year up town to watch the parade with the troops and artillery and tanks and the Canadian Scottish regiments playing the bagpipes and drums, and the Drum and Bugle Corps. Of course back then, we had the old beautiful Canadian Red Ensign flag...we didn’t have the ugly red and white maple leaf flag yet. 

Yeah...peaceful Canada having military parades...”...very North Korean”

55555555 ????

1 minute ago, johnarth said:

interesting what is the uniform the general has been wearing the last couple of days is it a retired army uniform or a king of the government workers uniform?

But you know how the Thais love dressing up. I went with a friend to Siam Square a few years ago. He was astounded by the get-up the parking attendants wore

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does Thailand even have an army? They appear to serve no useful function for society. And at this state of the game, they are actually moving the country backwards, and sucking its oxygen. 

They do need engineer regiments to help out in the floods and droughts and perhaps infantry down in the South. They certainly need a professional army without the need for conscripts and definitely not 1,600 generals.

Archived