Mike Shopping Mall

elgenon

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, rumak said:

Mike"s !   All those long trips down to Pattaya for a few days of being a bit naughty.   Now seems like a lifetime ago.    Girls, booze,  what have you.   I can hardly remember any of it . I do remember I was always happy to get back to "boring"  Chiangmai.   Just seeing the mountains as I got near Tak made me feel good.

I used to stay at Mike Hotel and shop for cheap clothes at Mike Shopping.

That was back in the good old days when one could see movies at Royal Garden for 50 baht.

Sadly, the good days gone from Pattaya, probably forever.

I used to stay at Mike Hotel and shop for cheap clothes at Mike Shopping.

That was back in the good old days when one could see movies at Royal Garden for 50 baht.

Sadly, the good days gone from Pattaya, probably forever.

100 baht for Avenue cinema is still cheap

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

100 baht for Avenue cinema is still cheap

Thai cinemas are excellent value compared to NZ. It costs about $15 to go in NZ, though I get in cheaper because I'm old.

Movies at RG Mall were an adventure, as one never knew if going to see the end or not. Late night movies sometimes got cut short if the projectionist wanted to go home.

I saw Starship Troopers there at the 1 am showing. Great movie for the times.

Thai cinemas are excellent value compared to NZ. It costs about $15 to go in NZ, though I get in cheaper because I'm old.
Movies at RG Mall were an adventure, as one never knew if going to see the end or not. Late night movies sometimes got cut short if the projectionist wanted to go home.
Yes i enjoyed Starship troopers when it first came out. I can't remember a cinema at Royal Gardens, i guess it was where that "can't believe" place is now

Ah yes 50B, how nostalgic can we be! I was at SFX Cinema (Central) yesterday (weekday afternoon) and it seems that the cheapest price was 200/220 B and prices went up from there!

And downstairs in the Food Hall, the green curry with chicken which last year was 110B (previously 90B) is now priced at 150B. Quite a rate of increase over one year since I was last here in Sin City!

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes i enjoyed Starship troopers when it first came out. I can't remember a cinema at Royal Gardens, i guess it was where that "can't believe" place is now

It was on the same floor as the "Rippleys" place is..I heard that back then when there where only 2 cinemas in town   Royal garden and Bic C North..they used to  have to share the rolls of film  and shuttle them back and forth between the 2 venues sometimes a reel or 2 got lost or didn't turn up in time so only half the film was shown.

2005 probably the last film I saw there.

DSCF0191.thumb.JPG.952946d38ce90397342f37519cef9ebb.JPG

On 7/24/2019 at 11:57 AM, bkk6060 said:

I was told the bottom floor shops will remain.

The rest they are building a hotel.

Not a bad idea there is already a nice pool on the roof and the fairly new gym, so some amenities are set.

I think the location will do well.

With the most aggressive stall holders selling fake everything ! I hated taking that short cut 

Mikes has elicited only three pages of "memories".    I bet a thread titled  NOI  might get a few more interesting stories.  My Noi was of khymer blood from Buriram and I'm sure put some magic on me .   Have forgotten almost everyone else,  but the spell from that one still pops up from time to time.

22 hours ago, Marc K said:

Ah yes 50B, how nostalgic can we be! I was at SFX Cinema (Central) yesterday (weekday afternoon) and it seems that the cheapest price was 200/220 B and prices went up from there!

And downstairs in the Food Hall, the green curry with chicken which last year was 110B (previously 90B) is now priced at 150B. Quite a rate of increase over one year since I was last here in Sin City!

Wednesday is the cheap day for movies at Central....It WAS 120 baht not sure now... 

On 7/26/2019 at 2:15 PM, Marc K said:

If you are talking about Festival, now that the Food Hall has moved I couldn't find the spaghetti with green curry chicken. Have you found it?

On 7/26/2019 at 2:15 PM, Marc K said:

I have gone past T21 this afternoon and they are advertising tickets at 120 Baht every Wednesday.

Archived