Brexiteer Boris Johnson to be Britain's next prime minister

snoop1130

Brexiteer Boris Johnson to be Britain's next prime minister

gedrgr.JPG

Boris Johnson speaks after being announced as Britain's next Prime Minister at The Queen Elizabeth II centre in London, Britain July 23, 2019. REUTERS/Toby Melville

LONDON (Reuters) - Boris Johnson, the ebullient Brexiteer who has promised to lead Britain out of the European Union with or without a deal by Halloween, will replace Theresa May as prime minister after winning the leadership of the Conservative Party on Tuesday.

His victory catapults the United Kingdom towards a Brexit showdown with the EU and towards a constitutional crisis at home, as British lawmakers have vowed to bring down any government that tries to leave the bloc without a divorce deal.

Johnson, the face of the 2016 Brexit referendum, won 92,153 votes by members of the Conservative Party. His rival, Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt, won 46,656 votes.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2019-07-23

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There goes the pound further south then. Money markets don't like him.

I wish him the best of luck in sorting this awful mess out and coming away with a deal May couldn't manage, though I have to say, I am not overly confident in his ability to pull it off.

Lurching from one crisis to another.......the man is a plonker of the first order.

Has similar traits to Trump with lies, deceit, adultery with verbal diarrhoea and a 'suspect' track record. What is the world coming to?? 

3 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I wish him the best of luck in sorting this awful mess out and coming away with a deal May couldn't manage, though I have to say, I am not overly confident in his ability to pull it off.

He's been 'pulling it off' for years and getting paid for it.

????

It is my belief that the weak pound is not down to leaving but rather the unknown and uncertainty.

One thing is for sure, Boris will deliver Brexit. Let's get it done and see. Everyone has their opinion about what will happen but no one can be sure.

One thing we can be sure about is that Boris will not take any s$@t from the EU like May did. He will stand his ground. 

I would imagine those that are most ticked off about this result will be the EU themselves. 

32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Farage & Co will deliver if we're not out on 31st Oct, furthermore the Tilbrook case hasn't gone away...

25 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

It is my belief that the weak pound is not down to leaving but rather the unknown and uncertainty.

One thing is for sure, Boris will deliver Brexit. Let's get it done and see. Everyone has their opinion about what will happen but no one can be sure.

One thing we can be sure about is that Boris will not take any s$@t from the EU like May did. He will stand his ground. 

I would imagine those that are most ticked off about this result will be the EU themselves. 

Yes the weak pound is down to uncertainty, if it were not a forgone conclusion that BJ was going be the next PM the pound would have sunk very sharply today, as it is it has dropped from 1.32$ to 1.24 in the last few weeks, if Brexit happens expect the Dollar to raise above the pound.  

Remember guys if Boris is to unite the country we need to get the remainers mojo working, it cannot be 'my lifes ruined and it's all your fault' all the time. "Deliver Brexit, unite the country and defeat Jeremy Corbyn." Go Boris.

38 minutes ago, balo said:

He will just become another joke as a PM.

Brexit within the end of October ? What a laugh.

So will he be resigning on Nov 1st the day after he said we will be out by hook or by crook? and we are still in...

Archived