Brexiteer Boris Johnson to be Britain's next prime minister

snoop1130

8 minutes ago, Opl said:

“We have a really good man who’s going to be the prime minister of the UK now,” the US president said. “He’s tough and he’s smart. They’re saying, ‘Britain Trump’. They call him ‘Britain Trump’ and people are saying that’s a good thing. They like me over there. That’s what they wanted. That’s what they need. He’ll get it done. Boris is good. He’s gonna do a good job”

He said he is confident Johnson and Farage can work together well, he said. Johnson has previously ruled out pacts with Farage.

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-us-canada-49090804/trump-on-johnson-they-call-him-britain-trump

They like him over there?

Really?

Donald Trump had the lowest approval rating of any president one year into his term since such data has been available in the U.S. As Trump prepares to visit Britain, his advisers should probably warn him that—contrary to his own belief—he's not popular there, either.

"The top-line numbers, the interesting finding if you like, is that the British public have quite strong, negative opinions of Donald Trump," Chris Curtis, a political researcher at the pollster YouGov, told Newsweek.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, evadgib said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

BTW, got that link to Rees-Mogg 'having the BBC for breakfast' yet?

Having watched it live it isn't me that needs one.

Live on what programme? 

Odd that there is no report of this interview anywhere.

So enlighten us, what did he say?

11 minutes ago, evadgib said:
1 hour ago, 7by7 said:

That your only source appears to be Hopkins, it is not surprising how wrong you are.

MSM are deliberately side-stepping anything their paymasters don't like. Thankfully they're no longer getting away with it.

It is becoming increasingly obvious that you have absolutely no idea what is being said in the MSM here in the UK.

21 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

It is becoming increasingly obvious that you have absolutely no idea what is being said in the MSM here in the UK.

Despite managing to catch the Moggs interview while you were floundering...?

If he's quick he may yet get a cabinet post! ????

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They like him over there?

Really?

Here in the UK we suffer by having no electable candidates worth a jot.  All we have are imbeciles and fools and Johnson is one of them.  In leadership battles candidates are whittled down to two and voted on by members of the Conservative Party.  Not MPs but anyone who pays their dues to join.  So you end up with a PM that would probably not be the choice of the general public if they had a vote. You then have to wait until there is a general election for the public to be able to vote.  In the meantime we are being "ruled" by a complete buffoon.  The fact that Trump likes him gives an indication of just how big a jerk he is.  

Is there a diplomatic way to say this, by cable or otherwise?

I hope that Boris Johnson fails spectacularly.

I hope that his failure makes May's performance look good. 

Why?

Because I wish the very best for the U.K and "special" friends can clearly see that doing any kind of Brexit is a big mistake.

31 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I have heard D Cummings is going to be advisor.

He was advocating a referendum on final deal

I wouldn't put too much faith in another referendum, they are meaningless to remainers. Caroline Lucas has just been on Politics Live, the Greens leader and ardent second referendum advocater.

When asked by the host Jo Coburn if there was another referendum and leave won again would she accept the result, she arrogantly said NO! What is the point of all this charade.

Just now, vogie said:

I wouldn't put too much faith in another referendum, they are meaningless to remainers. Caroline Lucas has just been on Politics Live, the Greens leader and ardent second referendum advocater.

When asked by the host Jo Coburn if there was another referendum and leave won again would she accept the result, she arrogantly said NO! What is the point of all this charade.

Well she might not but depending on how the question was asked of course, I think a second successful Brexit vote would be decisive. But I wouldn't expect it to be successful now that the real choices are known as well as the campaign lies exposed. 

44 minutes ago, vogie said:

Rumours a leading Brexiteer advisor Ruparel has left due to strategy differences with Johnson team

If true big changes on horizon

5 hours ago, 7by7 said:

Except Boris was not elected by the people's representatives, he was elected by unelected members of the Conservative party.

Who voted for them?

Boris was not elected Prime Minister by the unelected members of the Conservative Party he was elected Party Leader of the Conservative Party. The partys constitution says the Leader becomes PM and that suits me. We don't vote directly  for PM's in the UK we vote in political parties for a term in office.

When a Prime Minister resigns before a General Election, the next leader is decided by the ruling party - in this case, the Conservatives.

You seem to be suggesting we should have a national election to decide who the Leader of the Conservative Party should be. If not how do you propose the Leader of the Conservative Party be decided?

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it's really hard to understand why Brits want to inflict harm on themselves. Perhaps it's time for an intervention? 

I guess it's no surprise that to most of the world (outside of fans of toxic far right wing nationalist movements and Russia that wants the EU to fall apart, etc.) that's what it looks like. Once a great empire now shooting itself in the foot for no apparent rational reason. 

Devide and conquer, USA tactics. We wait for our leader to arrive, President Donald Trump .

Lets not forget his boot boy Farage ,  he would  false smile  a corspe.   JCorbyn   Rip..

You will not be missed , along  with Madam May . What a wastes of Gods good air. 555

3 hours ago, dunroaming said:

The first hint of what Johnsons' reign will look like will be revealed shortly.  Let's see who he picks for his cabinet and who gets to be in team Johnson.

RJM,    plans  to re-open workhouses , aka as zero hour contracts shops.

Working class , keep them down , and keep them hungry...

Home secretary?. 

9 minutes ago, elliss said:

RJM,    plans  to re-open workhouses , aka as zero hour contracts shops.

Working class , keep them down , and keep them hungry...

Home secretary?. 

I was in the Hague a few weeks ago for a business meeting and after its conclusion 8 of us went out for food and a boozy session. Once in the grip of the grape the conversation got on to Brexit and I was asked my opinion. When I concluded my thoughts the host (Dutch) said " I think that Holland might be next. The German next to him said it would be suicide to do that, Germany could easily bankrupt the Netherlands by diverting trade from Rotterdam to Hamburg. 

I don't know how true that is but authentic or not it shows us where the EU thinking lies.

Your comments reminded me of that conversation  

I won't bother asking you why you think May 'tried to subjugate us by stealth' nor what you consider to be bad about her deal as in the past you have simply ignored questions such as that.

In my post which you quoted from I asked:-

What deal do you think Boris will come up with? 

How will it differ from May's?

Do you have an answer to these questions?

Sorry, but I’m continuing to ignore your previous questions. And I won’t bother to answer the one you wrote but said you wouldn’t bother to ask.
In answer to the questions you do ask above, Boris has not told me, or anybody else here, what deal he will come up with. I sincerely hope he does not have one that in anyway is similar to May’s

6 hours ago, doctormann said:

And was the only UK Prime Minister - to date - to have been assassinated!

Really.. maybe time for an update . Cycling is dangerous in the city .

I should know...555

1 hour ago, Loiner said:

May was not trying to achieve Brexit. She and the EU were trying to trick us into BRINO.

May was/is a dedicated remainer .  Brexiteers bluff . 555

Well played  Cameron.  Game set and,, etc.

General election soon ,  Trust factor boris or JC.

Only one winner , you have bee warned ...

22 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it's really hard to understand why Brits want to inflict harm on themselves. Perhaps it's time for an intervention? 

I guess it's no surprise that to most of the world (outside of fans of toxic far right wing nationalist movements and Russia that wants the EU to fall apart, etc.) that's what it looks like. Once a great empire now shooting itself in the foot for no apparent rational reason. 

Fyi ,  Russia aka  billionaire Putin.  America aka as billionaire, President Donnald Trump . 

These world  democracy controllers , want the EU to fall apart , and it will..

7 hours ago, evadgib said:

Despite managing to catch the Moggs interview while you were floundering...?

If he's quick he may yet get a cabinet post

What interview on what programme?

For some reason you are reluctant to say!

8 hours ago, riclag said:

Mr. Johnson won handily! I wish him well. He will have it rather easy compared to his predecessor,I think. It seemed she did all the leg work for taking the controversy that went with Brexit!    

Indeed.

That, I believe, was Boris's plan all along; which is why he withdrew after Cameron resigned.

Let someone else do the hard work and be shot down by Parliament, especially by Tory traitors like Rees-Mogg and his ERG, then come along and claim all the credit.

Of course, May's disastrous decision to call a general election in 2017 only helped him in this. That's not a mistake he's going to make!

4 hours ago, aright said:

Boris was not elected Prime Minister by the unelected members of the Conservative Party he was elected Party Leader of the Conservative Party............

I know, I said so,

9 hours ago, 7by7 said:

The PM is the leader of the party who can command a majority in the House of Commons.

How that leader is chosen is up to the party concerned. 

For Labour, the LibDems and Conservatives that is by a vote of the party members, not MPs.

4 hours ago, aright said:

You seem to be suggesting we should have a national election to decide who the Leader of the Conservative Party should be. If not how do you propose the Leader of the Conservative Party be decided?

Where have I said anything remotely like that?

3 hours ago, aright said:

I was in the Hague a few weeks ago for a business meeting and after its conclusion 8 of us went out for food and a boozy session. Once in the grip of the grape the conversation got on to Brexit and I was asked my opinion. When I concluded my thoughts the host (Dutch) said " I think that Holland might be next. The German next to him said it would be suicide to do that, Germany could easily bankrupt the Netherlands by diverting trade from Rotterdam to Hamburg. 

I don't know how true that is but authentic or not it shows us where the EU thinking lies.

Your comments reminded me of that conversation  

No, it shows the the thinking of just one German. How can you possibly say that his/her view represents the thinking of the German government, let alone the other 26 governments?

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

Sorry, but I’m continuing to ignore your previous questions. And I won’t bother to answer the one you wrote but said you wouldn’t bother to ask.
In answer to the questions you do ask above, Boris has not told me, or anybody else here, what deal he will come up with. I sincerely hope he does not have one that in anyway is similar to May’s

I asked you for your opinion, not what Boris has told you.

3 hours ago, Loiner said:

May was not trying to achieve Brexit. She and the EU were trying to trick us into BRINO.

May's deal meant we would leave and no longer be bound by:

• the freedom of movement directive
  • the jurisdiction of the European Court of Justice
  • the common fisheries policy
  • the common agricultural policy
  • etc., etc., all the things Brexiteers say they don't like about EU membership.

How is that BRINO?

So 

Archived