No-deal Brexit would be tragedy, EU will stick to agreement: Timmermans

snoop1130

11 hours ago, smedly said:

we are getting out of a wannabee military empire - it has all happened before

But as soon as the UK comes into problems, for instance an oil tanker in Iran, the British call for a European-led maritime force

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, terryw said:

The EU and Remoaners still don't get it. The main reason for voting Brexit was never economic, but the belief that we can better manage the UK outside the EU.

Yeah, I remember those times, that is why I left.

44 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

the British industries were nearly bankrumpt because of inefficiencies, not for the last caused by ridiculous labour unions . I never forget the leather belt driven machines at Rowntree Macintosh in York, I had to audit in 1980. Not a museum… "we have nothing better". 

As the British can no longer rob their colonies over the world, they now have to work for their money.

I can remember working in a Government arms factory (RSAF) where some of the machines had been raised from the north sea from ships which been sunk during WW2, during this same time Germany already had digitally controlled machinery in their factories.

39 minutes ago, a340bangla1 said:

this is getting absolutely boring.

As a European, I am really looking forward to the day of Brexit.

Soon as possible I hope. But I guess that the Britons will begging for more time in October.

37 minutes ago, puipuitom said:

But as soon as the UK comes into problems, for instance an oil tanker in Iran, the British call for a European-led maritime force

there is nothing wrong with cooperation were we have a common interest, that is vastly different than handing over control

and what or who is in control ?

https://order-order.com/2019/07/12/green-mep-discovers-reality-brussels/

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I can remember working in a Government arms factory (RSAF) where some of the machines had been raised from the north sea from ships which been sunk during WW2, during this same time Germany already had digitally controlled machinery in their factories.

I recall while doing research on jet engine emissions in the 80s at Cranfield IT, using test instruments with Nazi insignia on them, equipment stripped from Germany after the war.

15 hours ago, Loiner said:

No tragedy for the UK at all. For the EU it’s the beginning of the end for their federal utopia and their personal gravy trains.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

No tragedy to loose 60% of your exports

No tragedy to go into ressesion 

13 hours ago, smedly said:

whatever agreement the EU thinks it had with the UK is long gone

you are not dealing with the weak T May and the traitor Olly Robbins

you want to punish the UK go ahead - if you want us to buy your Mercs and BMW's then make them in the UK - we have had enough of the BS 

And British steel will stay in the UK we will make our own stuff

The EU will collapse without the UK ………...Germany and France will effectively abandon the other 25 - 2 speed Europe - look it up

we are getting out of a wannabee military empire - it has all happened before

what was wrong with free trade amongst the EU nations - that is what we signed up to it has gone way beyond that

The British people want no part of it, our country has been raped and shackled by Germany and France, anyone ever wonder what happened to our UK industries - they were divided between Germany and France - why did we become so inept ?

Time for us to have faith and stop the rot, the EU is shit scared of us dropping our corporation tax and becoming the nation we have always been - never forget were the UK was before we joined this trade pact that is no longer a trade pact

we need to get as far away from this as possible, Germany and France will effectively leave the EU after Brexit - they will separate themselves (effectively leaving) without any ART50 because they can do what they want

do a google search - two speed Europe  

Royal britania britania rules the waves

10 hours ago, terryw said:

The EU and Remoaners still don't get it. The main reason for voting Brexit was never economic, but the belief that we can better manage the UK outside the EU.

Brexit was about 2 things money and getting rid of foreigners don't pretend it was about anything else

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I didn't think any agreement had been reached?

Nor did any of us. Presumably, it was a reference to the egregious Withdrawal Treaty for permanent vassalage, which Remain campaigner Theresa May attempted to foist on us no less than three times.

(Incidentally, didn't you just love the quote from the the Lithuanian commissioner, banging on about democracy from his privileged perch in the gilded cage of the EU politburo!). 

8 minutes ago, phka said:

Royal britania britania rules the waves

I don't think so, they can't afford a real navy anymore, They make two big aircraft carriers and one is up for sale before its been commissioned already, presumably without the American aircraft on it.

A colleague of Timmermans at the EU’s executive Commission, which negotiates Brexit for the 27 remaining member states, published a column on Tuesday, lashing out at Johnson’s “cheap promises, simplified visions, blatantly evident incorrect statements” about the EU.

The polemics, the populism, half-truths, lies, information deficits, ignorance, lack of detailed knowledge, …
All this marks the Brexit process since 3 years.

The evil awakening will come.
The consequences in global Competition will be felt especially by ordinary citizens.
Brexit will weaken all of Europe, including the UK.

One thing is certain: The UK will not get a free ticket.
If the UK is outside, the UK will be treated like a third state. 

Hopefully the whole thing will not end in enmity.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

The way to play this is to leave with no deal.

Cancel all current contracts with EU companies, pay nothing and walk away.

If everyone needs to plant 'victory gardens' for a year or two, so be it.

If I were in charge of the UK, I'd go even further and start conscription and gearing up for war.

Luckily enough you are only an old fart now.

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I recall while doing research on jet engine emissions in the 80s at Cranfield IT, using test instruments with Nazi insignia on them, equipment stripped from Germany after the war.

We should give it back after we leave.

the UK cant stand the stink of corruption and excess in the EU mafia so its orf we go come 31st

before the EU collapses like a  pack of cards.. greece and italy will require further bailouts but UK wont be paying any more coins to their support ..the euro army is their baby so pay for their own army

14 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well that's your take on it.

The reality  is the deal can't be agreed because there is no consensus on the deal in the UK. 

why does "scheme " spring to mind whenever "deal" is mentioned?

10 hours ago, soalbundy said:

yeah,sums it up,britain was skint after standing up to the nazis,then after the war our "allie" the usa wanted payback for the loans they made us,which we,ve only just paid back.in the daily express where i used to work 2 of the printing presses were built in the 1930s seems we had to make do while germany copped a load of aid,makes you wonder who won the war.

12 hours ago, puipuitom said:

For ONLY that UK contribution into the EU budget.... You forget how much comes back to public AND private funding, also to the UK.

Compared to the imports and exports to and from the EU into the UK... just a few pro mille "commission". Remind, that thanks to these EU subsidies, the Eastern EU states develloped to consumers of - among others - also UK goods.

net contribution countries EU.png

"forget what comes back"yeah a fraction of what we paid in,then to add insult to injury we,re told what to spend it on.

Archived