Can I apply twice in 1 year for a multi-entry visa?

I just got back from Thailand spending a total of 8 months in various locations. I applied for a multi-entry visa in November 2018 in NYC. After my first two months in Thailand I applied for the 30 day extension. At the end of the 30 days I left Thailand by land border crossing over to Burma and looping back to get the 60 day visa. When the 60 days were over I traveled by air to Vietnam and spent a week there. On our way back to Thailand we again got another 60 day visa and then got the 30 day extension at the immigration office. During my 8 month trip to Thailand I did not over stay. I arrived back in the US in early July. My wife and I are planning to go back to Chiang Mai in early September we are planning to stay for at least 6 months and then move around Asia. I will apply for a multi-visa in NYC at the same consulate. My question is do you think it will be a problem to apply for another 6 month multi-entry visa after having just arrived back in the states? 

Don't think there will be any problem.

I can't remember seeing any report of somebody being denied a tourist visa in his home country (only France seems to give people some problems, but seems like this is the only country)

You won't have problem obtaining METV . Also having been back in USA for couple of months thinking flying into los not a problem. If you had longer history continuous in los then perhaps some would suggest you fly to nearby Asian country such as Vietnam. Then fly los. Don't think its an issue for you guys. Travelling together and having funds etc recommended. Listen to expert advice which will follow.

• Like 1

Assuming you’re married to a Thai...

You shouldn’t have a problem getting as many METV’s as you want with proof of your marriage.

Given the number of visits and the amount of time you’re spending in the country, IMO you would be better off getting a ME Non ‘O’. It’s the same price as a METV, valid for 1 year and you get 90 days every time you enter.

Also, any entry you make with a METV or ME Non O can be extended by 60 days.