Donmuang airport , NOT refused but......

BestB

16 hours ago, BestB said:

re entry permit has a number so I should have written that.

Without wanting to make any drama I mention that re entry permit is not visa , this is why I did not write it down .

”I have had for over a decade,”

1st time using “reentry permit” !!! Why did you blame the IO ? She was absolutely right. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You should have landed in Swampy. After 2 hours of waiting to get to the counter, you'd be given a blank TM card and sent to the back of the line.

Well.... believe it or not but for the first time ever in my

experience but we were not given arrival cards on the plane. Girl was giving it out at the entrance to immigration queue. 

42 minutes ago, The Theory said:

”I have had for over a decade,”

1st time using “reentry permit” !!! Why did you blame the IO ? She was absolutely right. 

What kind of silly question is that? Of course not the first time and never before was I barked at for writing non b instead of re entry permit number 

but do tell what she was right about? 

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

The re-entry permit, as the name implies, is what you're using to enter Thailand, not the extension of stay or your expired visa. She was right.

All your comments about her being sexy but having a sour expression and throwing your passport down are just irrelevant embellishments on your part to rattle the cages of the Thai bashers.

if you've been here over a decade and can't understand how to use the re-entry permit when returning to Thailand that certainly says something about you, not her.

No one questioned was she legally right or wrong . How it was handled is what has been questioned.

Your never ending apologist post to defend thai ignorance and arrogance even when they are in the wrong are really getting tiresome.

and if I wrote wrong date ? Then what ?put me in front of a firing squad?

59 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Where exacly does this give an IO any discretion? (Unless you want to call, that an IO is allowed to decide if pants are respectable or not, "discretion") By law the interior ministry can ban certain groups from Thailand, which they did by issuing this order. Again setting quite clear criteria (which does of course seem absurd today) for the IOs to follow.

59 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

God forbid they actually enforced this. Half the foreign tourists would be deported. There was a question in another thread if this law was actually ever rescinded? It's part of the same law that brought TM30 reporting, so I'd guess not.

You should understand the difference between law and a ministerial order.

The law allows certain aspects to be extended by ministerial orders. In this case this is Immigration Act section 16. They issued a ministerial order to ban hippies, using the ability which the law offered. Issuing this order was in no relation to TM30 reporting.

2 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

The TM6 is your declaration, not hers, and it is your responsibility to complete it, not hers to do it for you

And I did write non b visa, what’s your next excuse for rudeness ?

15 hours ago, blackcab said:

"I must write my re-entry permit number in the correct box on my Arrival Card."

I didn't know that either, but the little helpers in the swamps cattle herding lanes helped me with it. Likely I would have got the same treatment. How am I supposed to know, telepathy?? 

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

You do know that visa does not guarantee you entry into the country? That it's up to immigration officer whether they let you in or not? So if she thinks you are not a desired person, she could, whether you have visa or not, reject your entry.

You did read I had non b meaning business visa and re entry permit ? 

So the only reason to be turned away if I was on some wanted list or blacklist, not writing re entry permit number on arrival card is not a criminal offence 

do not confuse tourist visa’s with business visa’s and extensions 

love thai visa experts who would twist and turn and do all possible to get blood out of stone.

On the other hand as a farang she expected you to be a bit more educated & at least write the correct requirements.

As an Immigration officer doing "country entry" I would be lucky if I lasted a week

Think about it, I would go madder than I am now 

Just now, natway09 said:

On the other hand as a farang she expected you to be a bit more educated & at least write the correct requirements.

As an Immigration officer doing "country entry" I would be lucky if I lasted a week

Why would I give them the number on my re entry permit and NOT my Visa when it asks for Visa number?   Telepathy again or maybe hold a seance and get that info ???? 

All they have to do is post a sign in legible english in those cattle herding lanes. That is all

3 minutes ago, natway09 said:

So which part of non b was incorrect?

correct requirements? It’s arrival card not a printed document.

just writing visa type instead of re entry permit number is hardly criminal , especially when I had done so for 18 years without any problems.

and even IF this all over sudden became of such importance, IO can just inform instead of go ballistic over it 

20 minutes ago, BestB said:

What kind of silly question is that? Of course not the first time and never before was I barked at for writing non b instead of re entry permit number 

but do tell what she was right about? 

Silly question ?!!!! ????????????

after decade you still don’t know there is a visa number in you reentry permit !!!!  and then blame the IO f!!! 

You still don’t get it !!!!! Do you ?

11 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Silly question ?!!!! ????????????

after decade you still don’t know there is a visa number in you reentry permit !!!!  and then blame the IO f!!! 

You still don’t get it !!!!! Do you ?

That is NOT a visa number but re entry permit number.

i do not get what? Since you pretending to be an expert , how about a link to official site which states re entry permit is your visa number and then another link which states not writing re entry permit number in visa number section is against the law and punishable but rudeness and screaming .

fire away, waiting patiently .????

2 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You should have known it is the re-entry number. In any case you got through so no big deal. They don't love us. Sometimes when we speak Thai to them they do not like how we speak it as well. 

I always had written non b visa and never had any issues .

my problem wit it was her going ballistic over something so simple.

To the Op , some  people just struggle through their entire lives where most just cruise through. Probably a wakeup call to stop playing the blame game and try to take control of your life and work out why all this harassment keeps coming your way

it's easy just look inwards and the answers are all their

peace

Just now, BestB said:

I always had written non b visa and never had any issues .

my problem wit it was her going ballistic over something so simple.

I had my passport thrown at me years ago, twice over the re-entry number, but then acted humble and they lightened up. It is just something that is what is needed but maybe most of the foreign stayers don't know it. I thin kit is that they are over work burdened like factory workers, and just don't want to search adding extra effort. Essentially they work like factory workers except they have a rank and are police.

9 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

had my passport thrown at me years ago, twice over the re-entry number, but then acted humble and they lightened up. It is just something that is what is needed but maybe most of the foreign stayers don't know it. I thin kit is that they are over work burdened like factory workers, and just don't want to search adding extra effort. Essentially they work like factory workers except they have a rank and are police.

There is no real excuse for rudeness.  We, the people entering are their customers.  We don't work for them.  Without tourists or otthers entering and going thru Immigration they have no job.  While the job is redundant and dull- they signed up for it. If they cannot or refuse a civil demeanor with their customers- resign or be fired!

Like one of the posters stated- simply put a sign in the waiting area to clarify what is needed or develop a brochure which can be handed out on the plane how to fiill out the form.   After  scores of entries- I always put in the original Visa Number and never a word said.

24 minutes ago, BestB said:

That is NOT a visa number but re entry permit number.

i do not get what? Since you pretending to be an expert , how about a link to official site which states re entry permit is your visa number and then another link which states not writing re entry permit number in visa number section is against the law and punishable but rudeness and screaming .

fire away, waiting patiently .????

I learned there is a visa # somewhere on the reentry permit when “first time” I returned to Thailand (I was told that I have to write it on my arrival card at immigration).

I never blame an IO for not writing my visa # that is required by me, after

“a decade” out/in. 

Visa number, just a number or anything you want to name it, after 10 years. 

7 hours ago, BestB said:

Who cares what she thought of me? She is there to do a job , nothing more , nothing else.

and who cares what she looked like? she's there to do a job, nothing more, nothing less, not to appeal to you....

18 hours ago, BestB said:

sexy but sour face immigration officer, takes my passport

45 minutes ago, madmen said:

To the Op , some  people just struggle through their entire lives where most just cruise through. Probably a wakeup call to stop playing the blame game and try to take control of your life and work out why all this harassment keeps coming your way

it's easy just look inwards and the answers are all their

peace

Could you not think of anything more trollish?????

35 minutes ago, The Theory said:

I learned there is a visa # somewhere on the reentry permit when “first time” I returned to Thailand (I was told that I have to write it on my arrival card at immigration).

I never blame an IO for not writing my visa # that is required by me, after

“a decade” out/in. 

Visa number, just a number or anything you want to name it, after 10 years. 

What you learned has little to do with the actual rules/laws .

i also did not blame her for not writing it, but if you actually bothered to read then naturally trolling would not be fun.

one option was for her just to write it , which she actually did, another option was to tell me and ask me to write it.

Going off her dial , abusing and screaming was out of line for something so little but if it was a major issue then once again love to see link to actual official website stating so. 

12 minutes ago, BestB said:

Could you not think of anything more trollish?????

Thats the weird part..Your a errrhem  a "hotel owner" that's only interested in bashing and fighting with his best source of customer base right here on TV.

Your sinking it and for what reason? makes zero sense

You struggle with immigration and you have a work permit ?? 

Take care buddy

Last time I entered Montenegro by land the IO must have been having a bad day, as there was a long queue of cars, several buses and long delays. As I handed him my passport he still managed to smile broadly, saying “Ah... Australia... very beautiful country.” Maybe he says the same thing to everyone - “Ah... Equatorial Guinea... very beautiful country”, but an encounter with a friendly IO still leaves a pleasant memory for the visitor. I’ve read many accounts of people who refuse to revisit the USA due to appalling interactions with immigration staff.

Archived