Donmuang airport , NOT refused but......

BestB

I do find it highly amusing that one of the most arrogant, condescending, know-it-all posters on Thai visa gets a little bit of his own back and absolutely loses his tits over it. That's the difference between fighting your wars on a keyboard and real life.

Handy tip! When I see pile of arrival cards at any of the immigration points anywhere, I snaffle a handful for later and fill one in at the gate before I get on the plane.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Theory said:

You are absolutely right Mr genius. 

Your post says a lot.  ????????

See , here you go trolling again.

Of course i am right, as you failed to show me any links supporting your expert opinion.

So what would you enter if you had NON B actual visa, instead of extension of stay? re entry permit number or visa number? and if she or he on the day decided it was the other way around,  would you think its totally ok to be rude and go off at you?

27 minutes ago, Traubert said:

I do find it highly amusing that one of the most arrogant, condescending, know-it-all posters on Thai visa gets a little bit of his own back and absolutely loses his tits over it. That's the difference between fighting your wars on a keyboard and real life.

Handy tip! When I see pile of arrival cards at any of the immigration points anywhere, I snaffle a handful for later and fill one in at the gate before I get on the plane.

Now that is funny coming from someone posting utter drivel , somehow referencing it to something else and then still thinking he actually has a clue.

Here is a tip, read before posting more rubbish, Once again, for the first time ever in my life, we were not given arrival cards on the plane, but handed one at the immigration queue. 

So perhaps you are not an expert as you are claiming to be?

1 hour ago, madmen said:

Thats the weird part..Your a errrhem  a "hotel owner" that's only interested in bashing and fighting with his best source of customer base right here on TV.

Your sinking it and for what reason? makes zero sense

You struggle with immigration and you have a work permit ?? 

Take care buddy

Oh do tell trolly dolly, what me being a hotel owner has to do with immigration?

DO i have a work permit? that would be none of your business, but at least i do not fly back to Australia to buy some towels, because i can not afford to buy it in Thailand.

Anything else you like to add?

5 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You do know an immigration officer, by law, doesn't have the authority to deny you unless you meet one of very specific legally-defined criteria, right? Last I checked "didn't fill up TM6 correctly" was not one of those criteria.

Stop being apologists for Thai immigration - the way they have been treating foreigners, and long-term stayers in particular, is abysmal. Many have already left Thailand because of it, many stopped coming, and many will leave in the future if immigration doesn't stop this nonsense. And then they'll cry when the economy goes to shit, which is already starting to happen.

Over 14 years in Thailand and travel out for work regularly. Never once had an issue at immigration. Maybe I’ve been lucky or maybe some people just have an attitude and the IO sees it.  

2 hours ago, BestB said:

What you learned has little to do with the actual rules/laws .

i also did not blame her for not writing it, but if you actually bothered to read then naturally trolling would not be fun.

one option was for her just to write it , which she actually did, another option was to tell me and ask me to write it.

Going off her dial , abusing and screaming was out of line for something so little but if it was a major issue then once again love to see link to actual official website stating so. 

Going off her dial, abusing and screaming? Never in my life seen a IO abuse and scream and I travel a lot. Somehow I think a little embellishment has crept into your original post.

In the famous word of Mark Twain “ Never let truth stand in the way of a good story “. 

3 hours ago, BestB said:

That is NOT a visa number but re entry permit number.

i do not get what? Since you pretending to be an expert , how about a link to official site which states re entry permit is your visa number and then another link which states not writing re entry permit number in visa number section is against the law and punishable but rudeness and screaming .

fire away, waiting patiently .????

Ubonjoe answered this question earlier this year. You put your re-entry  permit number in the space for a visa number. 

16 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Over 14 years in Thailand and travel out for work regularly. Never once had an issue at immigration. Maybe I’ve been lucky or maybe some people just have an attitude and the IO sees it.  

Its like saying, one has been driving drunk and never been caught so its ok to drive drunk

I have been coming and going for 18 years and while IO's were not all that friendly, but always just silent check passport and off i go, until this time where something little made her go off.

Now, if i was an isolated incident, then yes would be happy to accept my fault in some way, but there are more and more reports of rudeness and abuse for all sorts of minor things.

I had an over stay last year of 9 days, same airport, also female IO and she was very easy about it, in the back office, 2 officers also easy and friendly about it.

So just because instead of writing re entry permit i wrote NON B is hardly a reason to go off and it never was in the past.

It is possible she did not read or speak English, so the NON B , confused her making her redo something on computer, as asking me how long i plan to stay makes more sense that this was the case., but again her not being able to read English or not paying attention once again is not a reason to go off at me.

15 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Going off her dial, abusing and screaming? Never in my life seen a IO abuse and scream and I travel a lot. Somehow I think a little embellishment has crept into your original post.

In the famous word of Mark Twain “ Never let truth stand in the way of a good story “. 

Just like in your previous post, since you never seen, then it does not happen. Got ya

5 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Ubonjoe answered this question earlier this year. You put your re-entry  permit number in the space for a visa number. 

Oh wait, next time, will scroll though a year worth of posts and if something is not mentioned?, then i suppose firing squad? 

Gees some of you apologist really do try hard.

2 minutes ago, BestB said:

Oh wait, next time, will scroll though a year worth of posts and if something is not mentioned?, then i suppose firing squad? 

You say you’ve been coming and going for 18 years yet don’t know how to fill in an immigration card. However when someone informs you the correct way which I did above you blame me for being an apologist. Somehow I think you have a serious attitude problem and IMO the IO let you off lightly. Good days sir and hopefully your next trip through immigration is less traumatic, especially for those waiting behind you. 

3 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

You say you’ve been coming and going for 18 years yet don’t know how to fill in an immigration card. However when someone informs you the correct way which I did above you blame me for being an apologist. Somehow I think you have a serious attitude problem and IMO the IO let you off lightly. Good days sir and hopefully your next trip through immigration is less traumatic, especially for those waiting behind you. 

Telling me NOW is kind of pointless, unless you know of time machine.

And you actually going to tell me i was let off easy for putting down visa type instead of re entry permit number on a hand written arrival card and i have a problem with attitude and then in the same sentence claim NOT to be apologist????????

The trick is to write the letters "AR" after the "RE" on the re-entry permit. Then the sexy but sour looking IO lets you in the back door. It only takes about 10 minutes, unless you have a "MULTIPLE" permit in which case it can last up to 3 hours.

Fill out your form right, dummy! 

1 minute ago, Roy Baht said:

The trick is to write the letters "AR" after the "RE" on the re-entry permit. Then the sexy but sour looking IO lets you in the back door. It only takes about 10 minutes, unless you have a "MULTIPLE" permit in which case it can last up to 3 hours.

Fill out your form right, dummy! 

The the trolls just keep on coming

40 minutes ago, BestB said:

BestB... you really are making a big song and dance of all of this. 

You made an innocent mistake, a grumpy IO over reacted. You were stamped in anyway. 

Most people would just leave it at that.

So, what are you after? 

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Now that is funny coming from someone posting utter drivel , somehow referencing it to something else and then still thinking he actually has a clue.

Here is a tip, read before posting more rubbish, Once again, for the first time ever in my life, we were not given arrival cards on the plane, but handed one at the immigration queue. 

So perhaps you are not an expert as you are claiming to be?

No, see, you haven't read it properly, like you didn't read the instructions on what to put on your card, which is where your problem came from. Visa NUMBER, so you wrote the type. 'NON-B' has never been a number to my knowledge.

ANY time I see a pile of arrival cards I take a few for later trips. I don't depend on getting one on the plane. I've already got a completed one in my passport when I get on the plane. Thinking outside the box see? It was a suggestion that might have saved a bit of stress in the future but as usual you choose to sneer.

No wonder the IO and your taxi driver gave you a hard time. I expect all insufferable people get the same treatment from them.

OP my first comment on this so believe me I am not trolling you. My take on it is yes the attitude from the IO is unacceptable. She could and should have just politely asked you for future reference to enter the re entry permit number in the visa field. Yes I agree that the TM6 does not make it clear that the re entry numbet should be inserted there. What I am surprised about is that you have not been pulled about it over all the years you have not inputed the re entry permit number. For my point I know you have to do this from experience and this gaurantees you are stamped in for the correct period. Not doing so could result in you only being stamped in as Visa exepmt for 30 days. Anyway you have now vented your anger correctly at the IO and I suggest you do as required in future. Getting uptight with those posters who say you should know better, achieves nothing.

3 hours ago, madmen said:

Thats the weird part..Your a errrhem  a "hotel owner" that's only interested in bashing and fighting with his best source of customer base right here on TV.

Your sinking it and for what reason? makes zero sense

You struggle with immigration and you have a work permit ?? 

Take care buddy

I think the B in BestB stands for Basil ????

17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Always try to pick male Immigration at airport, I know it's hard to do in all the confusion with one line serving 2 agents but dang it the females are the worst it seems.

Not the school marm-ish one who pulled me from the back of the fast-track lines, opened a 'Closed' booth and stamped me in ahead of the crowd last Saturday.

She even stamped my passport with the correct 'stay until' date. Must have been something to do with me correctly using the re-entry permit number as the visa number on the TM7.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

BestB... you really are making a big song and dance of all of this. 

You made an innocent mistake, a grumpy IO over reacted. You were stamped in anyway. 

Most people would just leave it at that.

So, what are you after? 

Absolutely nothing , just shared my experience only to be trolled 

59 minutes ago, jimn said:

OP my first comment on this so believe me I am not trolling you. My take on it is yes the attitude from the IO is unacceptable. She could and should have just politely asked you for future reference to enter the re entry permit number in the visa field. Yes I agree that the TM6 does not make it clear that the re entry numbet should be inserted there. What I am surprised about is that you have not been pulled about it over all the years you have not inputed the re entry permit number. For my point I know you have to do this from experience and this gaurantees you are stamped in for the correct period. Not doing so could result in you only being stamped in as Visa exepmt for 30 days. Anyway you have now vented your anger correctly at the IO and I suggest you do as required in future. Getting uptight with those posters who say you should know better, achieves nothing.

Bud , I was out of the country just 3 weeks ago also but came back through SUV and just wrote Non B visa and did not have any issues .

what you say is exactly my point , she could have just pointed out as it was just a minor thing but instead she turned it into some major problem and that was the point before all

the trolling began 

1 hour ago, Traubert said:

No, see, you haven't read it properly, like you didn't read the instructions on what to put on your card, which is where your problem came from. Visa NUMBER, so you wrote the type. 'NON-B' has never been a number to my knowledge.

ANY time I see a pile of arrival cards I take a few for later trips. I don't depend on getting one on the plane. I've already got a completed one in my passport when I get on the plane. Thinking outside the box see? It was a suggestion that might have saved a bit of stress in the future but as usual you choose to sneer.

No wonder the IO and your taxi driver gave you a hard time. I expect all insufferable people get the same treatment from them.

Clearly not much will stop you from trolling . So if it says visa number in what language does it translate into re entry permit number ?

and extension of stay usually does have a number only my current one is unreadable.

So again , stop trolling or produce official link to official site which states one must enter re entry permit for visa number and failure to do so has consequences which includes being abused by IO.

if you can not , then time to stop posting nonsense to appear intelligent.

6 hours ago, BestB said:

No one questioned was she legally right or wrong . How it was handled is what has been questioned.

Your never ending apologist post to defend thai ignorance and arrogance even when they are in the wrong are really getting tiresome.

and if I wrote wrong date ? Then what ?put me in front of a firing squad?

You are the one making a big fuss over a brief interaction with an immigration officer.

I very much doubt she has absolutely any recollection of the event despite your

appearance and astute knowledge of the various descriptions of entry permits 

to the country.

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Clearly not much will stop you from trolling . So if it says visa number in what language does it translate into re entry permit number ?

and extension of stay usually does have a number only my current one is unreadable.

So again , stop trolling or produce official link to official site which states one must enter re entry permit for visa number and failure to do so has consequences which includes being abused by IO.

Ah, unreadable.

I see.

Unreadable numbers. 

Well they all look so similar of course. Best to stick some letters in there instead.

Goodnight,

2 hours ago, BestB said:

Hi, I have made a similar mistake and I have been here a lot of years and it is an easy one to make.

I agree with your point because in my passport I have the extension of stay with a number in the top corner and also a number on my multiple Re- entry permit.

Knowing how pedantic they can be, one would definitely think that you would use the number for the extension of stay NOT the number of the multiple Re-entry, as that is neither a visa nor a permission for an extension of stay. It is purely there to allow you to leave and return to keep your visa or extension of stay valid.

I seriously doubt OP is even in thailand and more than likely in his mom's basement somewhere. A self professed "hotel owner " fighting with a massive customer base 24/7 on TV

BAHAHAHA to funny and to weird

On 7/24/2019 at 2:29 AM, blackcab said:

Moved to the Farang Pub.

Now @BestB, as punishment you will write 100 times: "I must write my re-entry permit number in the correct box on my Arrival Card."

Leave your work on my desk then you may go home.

Be realistic. They will first have to write that number on paper for you. Then tell you to copy it 100 times. Haha

Archived