Donmuang airport , NOT refused but......

BestB

On 7/24/2019 at 12:08 AM, BestB said:

Well , no, not good enough , re entry permit has a number so I should have written that.

Without wanting to make any drama I mention that re entry permit is not visa , this is why I did not write it down .

actually she is right. You should write the re-entry permit number as this is connected to your permit to stay in Thailand shows the "allowed to stay until" date. Not writing a visa number on the form suggests you want a visa exempt, hence her question of how long you intend to stay.

There are so many remarks on TVF about the correct terminology and the difference between visa / permit to stay / extension of stay... so in the spirit of terminology: Visa = the permission to ENTER the country. Permit / extension of stay = permission to STAY in the country. If you have a permit/extension of stay and you leave the country without a re-entry permit, your permit of stay ends the moment you get stamped out of the country. The re-entry allows you the ENTER the country and continue your stay based on the existing permit of stay, and in that way it "acts" as a visa (=permit to ENTER) and that is why you write the re-entry permit No. on the form

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ThaiBunny said:

The TM6 is your declaration, not hers, and it is your responsibility to complete it, not hers to do it for you

And if she starts completing it for every person, how long that will take? 

I need more specific information on how sexy she was before I can weigh in.
Once a male io pointed to my visa number and told me to cross through it and put the m/e permit number in its place.
No sexual tension, admonishment or passive aggressive passport tossing. I just thanked him and apologized for not knowing, end of story.

For the benefit of those who are using re-entry permits, the reason you have one is because the visa that enabled your initial entry to the enchanted kingdom expired a long, long time ago and is absolutely worthless. The re-entry permit is the magical but uniquely numbered bit of purple ink that  is now linked to that long-dead enabler which allows you to come back again and again and either have fun, feel hassled or in the OP's opinion, trolled.

It's been that way since time immemorial but every once in a while, a member who reckons they know all the tricks falls foul of this 'numbers game'. As the OP suggests, three weeks ago an IO was forgiving of his ignorance whereas more recently another IO was not. Get over it.

7 hours ago, Traubert said:

Ah, unreadable.

I see.

Unreadable numbers. 

Well they all look so similar of course. Best to stick some letters in there instead.

Goodnight,

Actually that is a problem sometimes. I also had problems to identify the number on my Re-Entry permit, as sometimes it's not clear.

About the OP's problem I had the problem as well when I entered first time with my Re-Entry permit. I was writing the VISA number in the Field, as I was assuming. The Officier also was not happy and told I had to write the Re-Entry number. But because there was already my Visa number in it, I couldn't do it..

He gave me a new entry card and told go back... (Not to the end) he want close his box as seems I was his last customer.

Was I angry... yes of course. But on the other side. I hear many of the same story for other Immigrations like US, New Zealand, Australia, canada as well. I would love if they would nice as the OP wishes. And no, we are not customers of the Immigration.

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, bkk6060 said:

I agree but who would want that job?

They are obviously just sick of dealing with people must be a huge burn out position.

They stay for a steady pay check and benefits otherwise, they hate all of it.

Sadists that enjoy messing people about want to do that job.

I had the unfortunate experience of having one mess me about for 3 hours at Heathrow because I was a single man coming from Thailand.

After that I managed to avoid them.

22 hours ago, Just Weird said:

And?  Well, it sort of massively contradicts your sentiment that "she is only there to do a job, nothing more, nothing less".

No it does not. Because she is there to do her job nothing more , nothing less. Fact that she was attractive should have been a pleasant experience until she opened her mouth .

she is not there to attract customers but there to welcome customers into her country.

if I had a fake passport or fake visa or drunk and smelly then she has the right for some action. 

2 hours ago, BestB said:

No it does not. Because she is there to do her job nothing more , nothing less. Fact that she was attractive should have been a pleasant experience until she opened her mouth .

she is not there to attract customers but there to welcome customers into her country.

if I had a fake passport or fake visa or drunk and smelly then she has the right for some action. 

What?

Archived