Painting old aluminum window frames

banagan

Has anyone done this here? I'm looking to paint interior. Does it last? 

I'm having a condo renovated. There's 1 pretty large window, over 300cm wide, 120 high. 

This vid makes it look straight forward, just wondering if it's common here?

Definitely not common here.  Perhaps the major builders will have spray painting kit AND workers who know how to use it and do the prep (maybe?).

I'd go with rags and a cleaner to clean, masking tape, latex paint and brush.  I don't see the necessity for prime.

I certainly wouldnt use a spray of any kind unless the window is completely out, and beside that getting the right control and paint mix and skill in application and humidity control and and and...well you will regret it.

Agree with others, masking tape and a brush.

Synthetic primers are quick drying and dont have the fumes that give headaches.

4 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

I certainly wouldnt use a spray of any kind unless the window is completely out, and beside that getting the right control and paint mix and skill in application and humidity control and and and...well you will regret it.

Agree with others, masking tape and a brush.

Synthetic primers are quick drying and dont have the fumes that give headaches.

Why not use a spray? 

2 hours ago, banagan said:

Why not use a spray? 

The time it takes to mask the room to spray is substantial, then the multiple coats you will need to build enough thickness, not to mention the spray equipment needed. Rattle cans are not going to give a good finish. So it's far faster to brush or roll the paint on.

Archived