BANGKOK
JTXR

Thailand Elite Visa and immigration

Until now, the cost of the elite visa seemed a bit too much for what you got.  Now that TI seems to be putting up more hoops to jump through, I'm thinking again.  With the 5-year Easy Access elite visa, would the elite visa folks really do all the TM30 stuff if you traveled a lot?

• Like 1

As far as I know, Elite visa holders have to do the TM30 just like anyone else, no VIP treatment there, and they don’t receive any assistance from the Elite visa team in completing the TM30. According to their website, they will do a 90 day report for you if you live in Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Phuket, but not the TM30.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, CygnusX1 said:

As far as I know, Elite visa holders have to do the TM30 just like anyone else, no VIP treatment there, and they don’t receive any assistance from the Elite visa team in completing the TM30. According to their website, they will do a 90 day report for you if you live in Pattaya, Bangkok, Chiang Mai or Phuket, but not the TM30.

As it is essentially an unlimted entry visa, surely they would not require you to report you address on each arrival?

If it was in the rules, im sure they would not enforce it.

Imagine the uproar if folks paid that sort of money and immigration wanted to fine them 800 for not reporting.

lol

• Like 1

I’m certainly not the expert here, but as far as TM30 goes, I don’t think it’s different from any other kind of visa, the fact that it’s unlimited entries isn’t relevant. As with other visas, at least at the present time, you’re unlikely to experience any problems from not doing a TM30 as long as you don’t have any contact with Immigration except for arrival and departure from Thailand, ie stay for less than 90 days at a time. 

An 800 baht fine wouldn’t concern me of course, negligible amount, but I really would like to keep a squeaky clean record with Immigration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

If I’m viewing it from the correct perspective, TM30 is unrelated to the visa you enter Thailand on. As a non Thai (not on PR) you are required to comply with TM30 requirements. 

That said, as things stand, whether or not you have filled out a TM30 is only an issue (currently) if you are handing your ‘immigration status’ at an immigration office, I.e. handing an extensions or renewal. 

For those ‘coming and going’ whether or not you have submitted your TM30 is not monitored. 

Thus: Holding a Visa through Thai Elite makes no difference if you are departing Thailand regularly. However, if you plan on staying all year, then going though the process of a yearly extension at an immigration office its possible you may get tripped up if you haven’t submitted a TM30.

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

May I ask you guys? What is the difference really between the 90 day reporting of you living address and this TM28/TM30 reporting?? In my eyes it is seemingly the very same thing but with different wording... Or do I miss something here, more than details that is...???

glegolo

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, glegolo said:

May I ask you guys? What is the difference really between the 90 day reporting of you living address and this TM28/TM30 reporting??

I don't think 9-day report requires lease document or other document that provides proof of your address and who owns it. I have done only one 90-day report in my entire life and don't remember giving them any document except my passport. Of course, my TM30 was in proper order. 

47 minutes ago, onera1961 said:

I don't think 9-day report requires lease document or other document that provides proof of your address and who owns it. I have done only one 90-day report in my entire life and don't remember giving them any document except my passport. Of course, my TM30 was in proper order. 

Maybe both true and false. In my immigration in Chaiyaphum and that goes for Khon Kaen as well 2 years back before we got our own office here, they demanded me to show proof of address. I.e. tabien baan, ID-card, driving-license and that sort... But of course this differs from office to office...

glegolo

4 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

If they take care of the 90 day report, and of course the Elite is a multi-entry, a person on an Elita has no need to attend immigration, and be quizzed wrt a TM30. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pookondee said:

Imagine the uproar if folks paid that sort of money and immigration wanted to fine them 800 for not reporting.

At many immigration offices, I doubt they will accept the 90-day reports if the TM30 has not been done. The fine may well be up to 2,000 baht, dependant on the office. I would not expect an uproar just over the fine, only if it becomes nearly impossible to satisfy the TM30 requirement (such as if immigration demands the presence of a landlord who is abroad).

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CygnusX1 said:

I have the Elite visa and could use the 90 days reporting site last time, so that's not too much of a hassle. Of course you'd also still need to report once a year at immigration if you don't leave the country at least once in a 1-year period.