Thailand Elite Visa and immigration

On 7/24/2019 at 4:08 AM, CygnusX1 said:

I’m certainly not the expert here, but as far as TM30 goes, I don’t think it’s different from any other kind of visa, the fact that it’s unlimited entries isn’t relevant. As with other visas, at least at the present time, you’re unlikely to experience any problems from not doing a TM30 as long as you don’t have any contact with Immigration except for arrival and departure from Thailand, ie stay for less than 90 days at a time. 

An 800 baht fine wouldn’t concern me of course, negligible amount, but I really would like to keep a squeaky clean record with Immigration.

90 day departure is ideal for me. I get my one year MEV from Penang . But the consulate there now like to see 400,000 Baat or equivalent in your T B account. A single entry no problem . But whether it's a single or ME it's still 90day stay so why 400,000B is required for a MEG beats me.currency

Don't keep money in Thai Baht,keep it in your own Countries currency. 

Edited by Percy P
Miss spelt word

On 7/24/2019 at 4:35 AM, richard_smith237 said:

If I’m viewing it from the correct perspective, TM30 is unrelated to the visa you enter Thailand on. As a non Thai (not on PR) you are required to comply with TM30 requirements. 

That said, as things stand, whether or not you have filled out a TM30 is only an issue (currently) if you are handing your ‘immigration status’ at an immigration office, I.e. handing an extensions or renewal. 

For those ‘coming and going’ whether or not you have submitted your TM30 is not monitored. 

Thus: Holding a Visa through Thai Elite makes no difference if you are departing Thailand regularly. However, if you plan on staying all year, then going though the process of a yearly extension at an immigration office its possible you may get tripped up if you haven’t submitted a TM30.

If your in and out of the country within 90 days no need for all the messing about. My 90days are up next month  Don't get bogged down in one country ,travel. Come January I'm off to Bali. No visa required for 30 day stay. My third time their.

The "elite" visa is actually PE, Privileged Entry. I have it and it's just a glorified tourist visa. All the usual tm6/28/30/47 hoops are the same. I do my 90 days online (when it works) and travel out before the 1y stay permit ends. Can't be arsed with tm28/30's, wife did the tm30 once for where my yellow tabian baan is and I have the old receipt stapled in the passport.

Noteworthy you're supposed to book the elite personnel when entering or exiting Thailand using swampy. They lead you through the diplomatic or elite lines, I doubt the IOs would bother start yapping when there's a "VIP" there with the gold clad lady waiting on the other side of the booth. Don't know about other airports or land borders.

• Like 1

I'm continually amused that the majority of comments about Thai PE visa are done by people who've never had one -- and, no surprise, their comments are most often full of misinformation and inaccurate assumptions. And then there's always 2 or 3 or more who seem down right offended by those "fools" who choose to use the Thai PE Visa. Anyway, I'm in my fifth year of my first Thai PE Visa and I'll definitely be signing up for a renewal. After thirty-plus years of frequent travel in and out of Thailand, and border runs, 90-day and 1-year reports, etc., etc., I would never go back to any other visa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2019 at 1:45 PM, wolf81 said:

I have the Elite visa and could use the 90 days reporting site last time, so that's not too much of a hassle. Of course you'd also still need to report once a year at immigration if you don't leave the country at least once in a 1-year period. 

Do you have to inform the TE people every time you enter Thailand so they can start the countdown clock for doing your 90 day report?

6 minutes ago, Kelsall said:

Do you have to inform the TE people every time you enter Thailand so they can start the countdown clock for doing your 90 day report?

Since they walk you from the aircraft to the special Immigration counter for TE members, what do you reckon?

• Sad 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:32 PM, HerbalEd said:

I'm continually amused that the majority of comments about Thai PE visa are done by people who've never had one -- and, no surprise, their comments are most often full of misinformation and inaccurate assumptions. And then there's always 2 or 3 or more who seem down right offended by those "fools" who choose to use the Thai PE Visa. Anyway, I'm in my fifth year of my first Thai PE Visa and I'll definitely be signing up for a renewal. After thirty-plus years of frequent travel in and out of Thailand, and border runs, 90-day and 1-year reports, etc., etc., I would never go back to any other visa.

Yep.

2 hours ago, Kelsall said:

They didn't mention to me they'd take care of any counters. I keep track myself but leave the country almost every month anyway so no need for TM47's.

• Thanks 1