Russia intent on interfering with U.S. elections - FBI Director Wray

webfact

Just now, marcusarelus said:

So I'm supposed to believe that the Russians did something terrible but you can't tell me what it is?  Aw come on I'm not kid.  The American government, Military and CIA have been lying to me all my life.  I was in the Army a sensitive position that allowed me to see the American government, Military and CIA lying to people all day long.  I don't think the Russians did anything a 12 year old fishing hacker could not have done. You have bought that the Russians did something but we can't tell you story.  What it was is the CIA planted a story and the Mueller report picked it up but are afraid to tell you they got the story from the American government. 

:coffee1:

1 minute ago, bristolboy said:

???

Illegal aliens, Voter ID laws, Sanctuary Cities, Illegal alien healthcare, Abortion, ending ICE, trying to stop deportations, refusing to repair asylum laws... On and on and on. 

But those pesky and illusive Russians though ????

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What do these have to do with foreign governments?

Yes, I know you want to limit the scope of what "election meddling" means, and I also know that you couldn't care less about actually ensuring that the vote is protected, much like your hypocrite Democrat party. 

8 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

As for voter fraud, several Republican states, including Kansas under Kris Kobach, did big investigations of voter fraud. They all came up with virtually nothing.

No, there was a commission, and most lefty states completely refused to participate, which is funny because those are the same states that do not require an ID to vote. 

But But But Russia though ????

But But But the vote is so important though ????

• Confused 2

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

What do these have to do with foreign governments? As for voter fraud, several Republican states, including Kansas under Kris Kobach, did big investigations of voter fraud. They all came up with virtually nothing.

You mean the Russian targeted all the states but missed the ones that where there were investigations? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Illegal aliens, Voter ID laws, Sanctuary Cities, Illegal alien healthcare, Abortion, ending ICE, trying to stop deportations, refusing to repair asylum laws... On and on and on. 

You should give sticking to the topic a try.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

You should give sticking to the topic a try.

Ok Sure, I think we should pass comprehensive voter reform that along with stopping foreign nations from trying to meddle, it includes voter ID. A nice, bipartisan reform that is for the benefit of the country and the sanctity of the vote. State issued ID would be fully funded and no-one who cant afford it would go without. Federal level law. 

Should be easy enough right? We can all agree with that I would assume?

Because thats all Republicans want. A level playing field. Dems dont, which is why McConnell blocks them and only 1 Republican voted for it. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Ok Sure, I think we should pass comprehensive voter reform that along with stopping foreign nations from trying to meddle, it includes voter ID. A nice, bipartisan reform that is for the benefit of the country and the sanctity of the vote. State issued ID would be fully funded and no-one who cant afford it would go without. Federal level law. 

Because thats all Republicans want. A level playing field. Dems dont, which is why McConnell blocks them and only 1 Republican voted for it. 

Ahhh Mitch McConnell just shot down 2 election bills they want interference it’s the only way they stand a chance of staying in power.also on 7-24 you said(your president)instead of our president are you American 

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

What has one got to do with the other?

Anyway, the last thing Republicans want is easy voter ID. They consistently do what they can to make it difficult for people less likely to vote republican to be able to get an ID. Their latest shenanigan was in Florida. A referendum was held on giving ex-convicts the right to vote. It won 2/3 of the vote. So the predominantly Republican Florida legislature said they could vote but only if they paid back what their internment had cost the state. Effectively, they blocked the will of the voters. There's so much more like this

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/03/us/politics/voting-suppression-elections.html

36 minutes ago, Tug said:

Ahhh Mitch McConnell just shot down 2 election bills they want interference it’s the only way they stand a chance of staying in power.also on 7-24 you said(your president)instead of our president are you American 

Yeah Im American. Most of the other Trump haters aren't though, which is a weird obsession. 

PS: 2 partisan power grab bills. 

Would you agree on a comprehensive voting reform bill like I noted above? Not a partisan bill, but a bill that makes both parties happy and is good for country not party. 

3 hours ago, Thainesss said:

With the exception of voter ID laws, nothing on your list has anything to do with election interference.  Voter ID laws sound like a good idea, but there is no evidence that there is any illegal voting that requires them as a fix, and there is evidence that they disenfranchise people's right to vote.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/native-americans-fighting-back-against-north-dakota-voter-id-law-n926326

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/03/how-voter-id-laws-are-being-used-to-disenfranchise-minorities-and-the-poor/254572/

https://www.newsweek.com/voter-id-laws-discriminatory-disenfranchise-485708

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Yeah Im American. Most of the other Trump haters aren't though, which is a weird obsession. 

PS: 2 partisan power grab bills. 

Would you agree on a comprehensive voting reform bill like I noted above? Not a partisan bill, but a bill that makes both parties happy and is good for country not party. 

Making it easier for people to register and vote is not a partisan power grab.

Find an example of voter ID laws that don't make it difficult for any person with the right to vote to obtain such an ID and we'll discuss your idea. 

While your at it, find evidence there has been widespread illegal voting.  Not speculation that illegal voting might happen, but evidence it has actually happened.  If there really were millions of illegal votes as claimed by Trump, you'd think the Kobach commission would have been able to find a few.

In the meantime, why hold up efforts to prevent outside interference in US elections? 

Edited by heybruce