Installer for ceiling Insulation?

ElephantEgo

I mentioned this in a previous thread....

if you buy the materials from a big shop like Homepro etc, they can probably have it installed as well. 

Tell them how many pieces/size of the insulation job, and they will give you a quote of the labor price. You would pay the shop for the installation and they arrange the contractor to come do the work for the agreed upon price.

You may want to try two or three shops to compare quotes.

• 1 month later...

A couple months ago the price was 150 thb/Sqm and last week I went back and saw it was 200 thb/Sqm so to lay insulation for a 120 sqm home it would be costing 24,000 THB just for a couple days of labor by a couple guys? The price sounds outrageous!!!! Any other reasonably priced laborers I can find to do this job?

29 minutes ago, JakeR said:

A couple months ago the price was 150 thb/Sqm and last week I went back and saw it was 200 thb/Sqm so to lay insulation for a 120 sqm home it would be costing 24,000 THB just for a couple days of labor by a couple guys? The price sounds outrageous!!!! Any other reasonably priced laborers I can find to do this job?

Maybe post on one of the "ex-pat" facebook pages looking for a reliable handyman/tradesman?

3 hours ago, hansgruber said:

I used a guy that sprayed foam inside my roof space. Worked great in lowering the heat in the top floor of the house. 

https://phuketindex.com/kppro/

KP pro was the company. Did a great job. 

Did they coat the underside of the tiles or put it on top of the ceiling?

Could you advise approx. costs of this method?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

Did they coat the underside of the tiles or put it on top of the ceiling?

Could you advise approx. costs of this method?

Thanks.

I had the sprayed foam applied at my place a few years ago.   Firstly you need to ensure that there are no gaps or missing tiles before spraying commences.   Apart from immediately becoming cooler in the upper floor, there's also the advantage of effectively locking the tiles in place and sealing any minor leaks.

Off the top of my head, I think the cost was around 90,000 baht for an 200m2 (approximate) roof.    This was for 50mm thick foam.   Some photos:

20150928_161555.jpg

20150928_161559.jpg

20150928_161614.jpg

Archived