BANGKOK
webfact

Tourism in northern Thailand decimated: Worst in ten years say hoteliers

Tourism Down in the media for only a short time now everyone's on the band wagon on how the sky's going to fall in ,how bad the economy is GOD SPARE ME PLEASE.

Come up with some nice Believable Stories i was coming into the country 2 days ago and it took 40 Min to get through Immigration the place was packed!! Tourism down i dont think so!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why would someone stay so far from the action

6 minutes ago, bluesea said:

Tourism Down in the media for only a short time now everyone's on the band wagon on how the sky's going to fall in ,how bad the economy is GOD SPARE ME PLEASE.

Come up with some nice Believable Stories i was coming into the country 2 days ago and it took 40 Min to get through Immigration the place was packed!! Tourism down i dont think so!!

Truth is no-one ever said it was down. The growth in tourism is down, the incoming numbers are still higher.

Don't worry aren't the rich Indians coming soon? Overvalued Baht, Immigration treating people like criminals for having more holidays than they do, crooked cops on the take. It must be the bad farangs that are causing the problems.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mikisteel said:

Vietnam for the family holiday this year. Suggestions welcome. Family friendly.

Hanoi or Nathrang.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kellersphuket said:

maybe this has something to do with the TM30 and foreigners being monitored and treated like criminals whilst on holiday??

Nothing has changed for a tourist. They only show the passport at the reception like many years ago and what they have to do in most other countries too.

• Like 1

The accuracy in Thai forecasts are mind blowing. I see now they are going to the second decimal point.Most countries allow a plus or minus 2% in budgeting and this is generaly still not in the ball park.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Air is among the best in the world currently.  If you have health issues then these need investigating, but air quality isn't the problem.  (Unless there is something out of the ordinary going on in the place you live, either indoors or the immediate area.)

image.png.b2e7f08e60910d5d468264c87f63db3d.png

do you live in Chiang Mai? Wife went SCG CM

smell of smoke was in the store

18 minutes ago, reargunnerph3 said:

Immigration treating people like criminals

With what? What has changed for a European, Chinese, Australian, US tourist? Nothing. Only for expats.

I thought about going to Chiang Mai last December, but having the world's worst air quality for a brief time made me choose elsewhere instead. Not sure what the air quality is now, but it certainly didn't help their tourism industry. 

All reds up there who cares. Well that could be the thinking.

6 hours ago, emptypockets said:

looks like the left hand does not know what the right hand is doing.