BTS says no open umbrellas on their platforms despite heavy seasonal rain

webfact

BTS says no open umbrellas on their platforms despite heavy seasonal rain

paintrf9g10OhMM5bmk-o.jpg

(Photo) by Pantip member number 1447432

Bangkok and its suburbs were battered by a heavy, but seasonal thunderstorm on Tuesday afternoon. The rains brought with them the usual traffic chaos during the rush evening hours.

Those trying to avoid the jams by using the BTS were greeted with a request, from the station announcer, that open umbrellas should not be taken into the stations or onto the platforms.

The request was greeted with consternation from their customers, who cited the open platforms and leaking roofs of the BTS system as the reasons why umbrellas are badly needed.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/bts-says-no-open-umbrellas-on-their-platforms-despite-heavy-seasonal-rain/

12 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Leaking roofs are needed to create more jobs for the economy.

Problem is, the locals in the land of smiles are lazy as crap and don't wanna do such jobs which is made for migrants from Burma, Laos and Cambodia,...

Umbrellas indiscriminately waved about are lethal weapons when it comes to eyes. But the little darlings protecting themselves from rain and sun couldn't care less about people/pedestrians around them so long as they are in their personal comfort zone.

Problem is, the locals in the land of smiles are lazy as crap and don't wanna do such jobs which is made for migrants from Burma, Laos and Cambodia,...

They don't need to. Just get the money and allocate 20% to the migrants. That's how the economy works.

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

The Mrs. just told me the BTS also mandates people should not wear backpacks on their back.

Backpacks are supposed to be held in front of oneself

It's also common sense (but TIT), it always pisses me off when a retard gets in the train car and shoves the bloody backpack in my face (or groin, depending the height ????).

1 hour ago, watcharacters said:

The Mrs. just told me the BTS also mandates people should not wear backpacks on their back.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Only in Thailand: Backpacks are now frontpacks.

I remember my first visit to Thailand in 1990 while "backpacking" around the world. Thank whosever god it is, there was no BTS then. I remember weighing my backpack - it was over twenty kg.

I'd like to seen anyone walk very far with one strapped on their front.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Only in Thailand: Backpacks are now frontpacks.

I remember my first visit to Thailand in 1990 while "backpacking" around the world. Thank whosever god it is, there was no BTS then. I remember weighing my backpack - it was over twenty kg.

I'd like to seen anyone walk very far with one strapped on their front.

555 then it becomes a TIT pack.

4 hours ago, watcharacters said:

When heading to work with my computer backpack, I always placed it in front of me when boarding a crowded train.  It's the polite thing to do, rather than shoving it into the face of the person behind you.

1 minute ago, ballpoint said:

When heading to work with my computer backpack, I always placed it in front of me when boarding a crowded train.  It's the polite thing to do, rather than shoving it into the face of the person behind you.

Doesn't that mean you shove it in the face of the person in front of you instead?

Just now, bluesofa said:

Doesn't that mean you shove it in the face of the person in front of you instead?

No, because I can see where it is, and, generally, people stand facing the same way.  It's those who get on, turn around and move backwards, seemingly forgetting they have a backpack on their backs that you have to look out for.

46 minutes ago, justin case said:

more to do with CCTV and government has to know where you are all the time

did you get your ankle bracelet yet ?

So why aren't they banned on the street then?  Or does the government only want to track where you are on the BTS platform?

Another nonsense post from the paranoid.

7 hours ago, watcharacters said:

They have just announced that backpacks will now be named front packs.???? 

Archived