BANGKOK
webfact

Thailand plans series of world class cross-country running events

They already have cross country races here. Many through out the year staged in different areas. I ran a great one last November in Chiang Rai. What is this guy talking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Officials are working on the design of the routes, in order to offer participants with the most interesting and varied terrain, from forest trails to mountain passes, which are already of interest to the younger, environmentally aware generation.

yes and Thailand is adding the AQI PM 500 to the route design. And no masks allowed. Athletes from all over the world will be flocking to this new challenge in Thailand.

I remember being in CM smoky season once there was some kind of running marathon outside in March. They really think it is fun?

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

They already have cross country races here. Many through out the year staged in different areas. I ran a great one last November in Chiang Rai. What is this guy talking about?

Short of news so they beat up something that already exists.  Not really newsworthy anyway - Cross-country running is a huge sport with venues common worldwide.

Sort of like the roman "bread and circuses " thing done by the Greek politicians - keep the peasants minds off the real problems - Next will be the Marie Antoinette response when the4 French populace - so starved - ran out of bread.  Her answer? - "give them cake"

That cost her her head.

Edited by Lenny Jones
Added script and spelling

If they cross a boundary into a different province I presume they will need to stop and visit immigration to have their new TM30 registered. 

Or will they be arrested for working, or not haveing the correct “go for a run” visa or otherwise just abused, branded as a criminal, perhaps sent to the detention centre to await deportation?

Thailand, you have abused your visitors for too long, nobody will want to run in your idiotically run country. There is a pay back at some point for your xenophobia, racism, greed, dishonesty, small mindedness, nastiness, abuse and arrogance.

Screw your cross country run.

• Like 1

The wife does enough of these already ,so tell this guy not to encourage her😃

Sorry, but the guys on a different planet if he thinks tourism will boom for a cross country road race

• Haha 1

I stopped reading when I read "world-class"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I think they should round up all pot-bellied bar-flys on Soi Bukow and have some world class marathon competition.....They could run 2 blocks...Marathon over......lol 

Edited by fforest1

2 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

The wife does enough of these already ,so tell this guy not to encourage her😃

Mine too. However, hers is limited to and from the toilet after too much somtam.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, transam said:

There will be an immigration booth at the start line........😋

And a meat wagon at the end.