Latest Word on No Embassy Income Letters Allowed Now

As I understand, letters from embassy of income are no longer valid for marriage visa visa as of 1/1/19.  Must have Thai saving savings account o some big amount bigger than my belly.

Edited by SailingHome
grammar and spelling

29 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

I am USA citizen

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

December isn't far away. No way possible I will ever in Social Security have savings. Am I going to have to go back to visa runs and long stays away from Thailand? 

Cheers

Sorry, no more embassy letters for US citizens. Embassy quit issuing them because they would not or could not verify incomes. If you want to get an extension based on retirement, you must transfer a minimum of 65,000 THB per month into a Thai bank from overseas and be able to prove it with a bank book & bank letter or you can use the 800k method. If you can't do either of those two things, then yes, you may have to go back to visa runs and long stays away from Thailand. Or, you can borrow the money to put in the bank or try using an agent. Somehow, I think you probably already knew all of above. Good luck...

Edited by BertM
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

I routinely transfer that every month starting last month. Are you saying it is an EMBASSY policy not to issue affidavits now, not a Thai no acceptance policy?

It is the embassies not doing them not immigration not accepting them.

This is the last paragraph of the police order allowing proof of income by transferring funds into bank.

image.png.d246ed2af7e21f0efa228836721478d7.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

I routinely transfer that every month starting last month. Are you saying it is an EMBASSY policy not to issue affidavits now, not a Thai no acceptance policy?

Yes. U.S.A. U.K and Australian embassy no longer issue them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Are you here on a visa or 1 year extension?

if you only started transfers of money to a Thai bank last month then you should check to see if you will meet the requirements. 

• Like 2

I should be more clear. I am here on the misnamed "Marriage Visa". I report every 90 ndays and in December must renew the visa. I can't understated as a USA citizen what to do to show MY SSDI income in a form Thailand will accept. I am 48. 49 in December then 1 more year to the retirement visa. Any help greatly appreciated.

24 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

I can't understated as a USA citizen what to do to show MY SSDI income in a form Thailand will accept.

I wrote this before.

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You can prove your income by transferring 40k baht into a Thai bank from abroad every month.

Proof of those transfers are the only thin immigration will accept.

When does your current extension end?

26 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

I should be more clear. I am here on the misnamed "Marriage Visa". I report every 90 ndays and in December must renew the visa. I can't understated as a USA citizen what to do to show MY SSDI income in a form Thailand will accept. I am 48. 49 in December then 1 more year to the retirement visa. Any help greatly appreciated.

Ubonjoe is the TV expert on these matters, but based on what you just wrote, if extending based on marriage, you will need to show 12 mthly xfers of 40k THB per mth or more from overseas into a Thai bank and you would provide immigration with your bank book & bank letter showing those transfers came from overseas. It can be any income, not only SSDI. So, you can set up to xfer your SSDI directly here (ask Ubonjoe how to set up) or you can put your SSDI in a US bank and then make international wire xfers (probably more costly).

Edited by BertM
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, BertM said:

Ubonjoe is the TV expert on these matters, but based on what you just wrote, if extending based on marriage, you will need to show 12 mthly xfers of 40k THB per mth or more from overseas into a Thai bank and you would provide immigration with your bank book & bank letter showing those transfers came from overseas. It can be any income, not only SSDI. So, you can set up to xfer your SSDI directly here (ask Ubonjoe how to set up) or you can put your SSDI in a US bank and then make international wire xfers (probably more costly).

Tried that. Wasted days and money getting it deposited here (stuck in bed.) Wells Fargo will transfer in 24 hours. So much better.

December isn't far away. No way possible I will ever in Social Security have savings. Am I going to have to go back to visa runs and long stays away from Thailand? 

Cheers

If you’re on Social Security you should be able to have it sent via International Direct Deposit to a Thai bank account I know Manila is a pain in the ass but you just have to stay on em. Unless you just don’t want to do that for whatever reason I don’t know your situation. As long as you at least have the minimum monthly income requirement going into a Thai bank you can do it but I don’t know your entire situation like I said.

But bottom line as far as I know immigration no longer accepts the income affidavits because that six month grace period has expired it ended back in June I believe. You can also do monthly wire transfers into your Thai bank account until you can set up your IDD if that’s what you want to do depending on your situation. You should really ask ubonjoe.

12 minutes ago, BertM said:

Tried that. Wasted days and money getting it deposited here (stuck in bed.) Wells Fargo will transfer in 24 hours. So much better.

So... 3 mo of deposits to here and 6 mo of transfers to here from USA. 9mo. I am hectically wrapped about incline please, yes?

Edited by SailingHome
Detail

5 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

December and my transfers started in June this year

That should be enough transfers this year since immigration has been told not to expect a full year of transfers this year. But some offices are not complying with that directive and are wanting a full 12 months.

4 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Wasted days and money getting it deposited here (stuck in bed.) Wells Fargo will transfer in 24 hours. So much better.

I assume you tried to set up direct deposits into your Thai bank. That can still be done.

You need to check that your transfers from Well Fargo are shown as international transfers. There have been reports that they appear as domestic transfers due to them using a intermediary bank here for the transfers.

14 minutes ago, BertM said:

I hate it when people mention 12 months of transfers. The Police Order isn't 12 months old yet. 

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

That should be enough transfers this year since immigration has been told not to expect a full year of transfers this year. But some offices are not complying with that directive and are wanting a full 12 months.

I assume you tried to set up direct deposits into your Thai bank. That can still be done.

You need to check that your transfers from Well Fargo are shown as international transfers. There have been reports that they appear as domestic transfers due to them using a intermediary bank here for the transfers.

LOVE YOU MAN. I will find a location when the time time comes that is ok.

16 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Did the Danish go back to issuing them?

They are doing a certification of pension documents instead of their old method that apparently immigration is accepting.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They are doing a certification of pension documents instead of their old method that apparently immigration is accepting.

Coool. So I just give up being a USA citizen and benefits and become a Dane? That is actually tempting

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

What a great pity and a disservice to it's nationals that the UK Bangkok embassy would not do that.

1 minute ago, geoffbezoz said:

What a great pity and a disservice to it's nationals that the UK Bangkok embassy would not do that.

The Danes presumably have some way of independently verifying that the pension statements being presented are not forgeries

Edited by ThaiBunny