"Wives of foreigners" fall victim to massive Ponzi scheme on Koh Samui

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Serves them right It's that Disease GREED they All have that no matter Farang Wife or not .Thais are Born that way they just can't help themselves they believe any bullshit . 

That's quite the generalization.

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Does it never sink in to these people, that if someone is offering 30% returns then there is something a bit screwy about it when the bank offers less than 2% ? 

This popped up on local Facebook pages.  The commenting posts were very obvious in their condemnation and I - for one - personally reported it to FB moderators (the result? - nothing - - )

How can ANYBODY think that a 30% return on an investment is real?  This "Bew" person must have been a smooth talker! - And, even if they do catch up with her there will be no money to be recovered - - -

12 hours ago, digger70 said:

Serves them right It's that Disease GREED they All have that no matter Farang Wife or not .Thais are Born that way they just can't help themselves they believe any bullshit . 

They don't believe anything farang tell them - - - - Only Thai know best.

23 hours ago, BTB1958 said:

How can people be so stupid.  Reading about these scheme's every day and they still fall for it.  They say a sucker is born every day.  But in Thailand its about a thousand born every day.  Unbelievable 

greed !

6 minutes ago, chakatee said:

200 people who had lost 120 million baht = avg. 600,000

contributed anywhere between 10,000 baht to 500,000 baht

Missing something here

The reporter's mathematics certificate?

9 hours ago, chakatee said:

Missing something here

Maybe the victims included their promised profits. Invest 100,000, be promised 200,000 after 3 months, file a loss of 200,000 with the police when no money comes back. 

On 7/27/2019 at 1:30 AM, rickudon said:

Got a friend here in Isaan who has joined one of these schemes. The 'shares' pay a dividend of 1.5% a DAY. I expect to see her in tears soon. 

If it’s the Len share scheme that is being operated, it’s more complicated than that...and no daily dividend

Also, it’s perfectly legal if operated correctly.....hard to believe but it’s very common in Thailand amongst all social classes.......no just Issan wives

On 7/25/2019 at 10:08 PM, chakatee said:

Missing something here

Maybe they were including what they would have made in their "Loss"?

Oops, Gulfsailor beat me to it.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:52 AM, BTB1958 said:

How can people be so stupid.  Reading about these scheme's every day and they still fall for it.  They say a sucker is born every day.  But in Thailand its about a thousand born every day.  Unbelievable 

The Original Ponzi scheme was American. A pyramid scheme nearly destroyed the Albanian economy. Your view of the Thai victims of this crime is reprehensible and vaguely racist.

On 7/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, BTB1958 said:

Have  someone I know and his  Wife doing similar in BKK right  now with FX Trading or some such nonsense, 1.5% per day interest  "paid"  but of course you cant withdraw that money for i think 9-10 months, I tried to warn HIm but all deaf ears.

On 7/28/2019 at 3:46 AM, sunnyboy2018 said:

The Original Ponzi scheme was American. A pyramid scheme nearly destroyed the Albanian economy. Your view of the Thai victims of this crime is reprehensible and vaguely racist.

I  like the throw in of "vaguely racist" Id  say he's  spot  on , Thais are  more  gullible than most. its a bit  like saying "road  deaths  happen all over the world"

Archived