"Wives of foreigners" fall victim to massive Ponzi scheme on Koh Samui

webfact

On 7/24/2019 at 1:29 PM, wwest5829 said:

Hmmm, I am told that there is Forex trading via Dubai returning 10% a month. Seems to be working but my financial radar is beeping warnings. Anyone have any information?

No, but you cAn do this with  a n y  reputable CFD Broker. IC Markets or whatever. But it's highly risky, speculative and if you get it right, it will be a lot more than just 10%.

OTOH, no one can or should bamboozle you into tinking that it will like "on auto pilot".

5 pdq. Wanna give it a try?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, BTB1958 said:

How can people be so stupid.  Reading about these scheme's every day and they still fall for it.  They say a sucker is born every day.  But in Thailand its about a thousand born every day.  Unbelievable 

Thais have two qualities that make them ripe for this, Greed and gullibility 

On 7/24/2019 at 3:34 PM, Jane Dough said:

I suppose the victims of Bernie Madoff were all uneducated Thais, were they?

Rooster

That was completely different but yes greed was part of it.

He spun his lies for years and years & built up a whole network of influential clients.

5 minutes ago, thirdleg said:

Thais have two qualities that make them ripe for this, Greed and gullibility 

All Ponzi schemes, to be "successful" rely on one thing, human greed.  The world over people buy into these "too good to be true" investments solely because of greed. Perhaps they are also gullible because generally if it is too good to be true, then it is not true.

Whilst I agree that Thais display qualities of greed and gullibility, they are only displaying human traits, same as any other nationality so it is not fair to suggest or imply it is only Thais.

Having said that then perhaps more people should consider  and anticipate that one day Karma will come into play - if you allow greed to run your life then your life could well be ruined by your own greed one day.

Archived