Video: Nutty Thai driving as three students carved up on south Thailand road

webfact

Video: Nutty Thai driving as three students carved up on south Thailand road

10pm.jpg

video screenshot

Dash cam footage posted to Facebook showed yet another example of terrible Thai driving. 

This time a Mitsubishi Triton made a sudden move to turn into a soi on the left.

Three students on a motorcycle were given no chance.

Fortunately they were not badly hurt. The pick-up driver drove off without stopping.

The incident happened on the road leading to the Nakorn Sri Thammarat airport about 50 meters from a school.

Yayang, 17, was taking her two younger siblings home.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-24

I am not being funny, but I see this kind of driving literally every day. Happened to me yesterday. I almost got mowed down by a lunatic, and he nearly destroyed another 2 motorbikes and another car.

Nothing will ever change here. It would be interesting to see the statistics on the number of accidents rather than number of fatalities. I see accidents every day and it didn't use to be the case. 

I once asked my missus to tell me if she had any family members or friend who had never had a road accident. She could not come up with one. The problem is much bigger than it looks. And it is not the drink drivers but the regular Somchais with their "mai pen rai" attitude who cause most of the accidents. 

15 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The writer tries to impress his readers  with his command of english words but in reality doesn’t understand them enough to make competent communicative sentences.....

Geronimo carves people up not stupid pick up drivers... 

But the expression "carve up" in commonly used in English to describe the action of a motorist cutting in front of another and either forcing them to brake or causing an accident. Is it not?

21 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

The writer tries to impress his readers  with his command of english words but in reality doesn’t understand them enough to make competent communicative sentences.....

Geronimo carves people up not stupid pick up drivers... 

To 'carve-up' in the sense used in the headline is common in English English.

https://www.macmillandictionary.com/us/dictionary/british/carve-up_1    (Definition 3)

Perhaps the writer isn't trying to impress anyone, he's just using his own vernacular.

26 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

Black smoke, incorrect braking lights, not looking, not using the indicator - and I guess no driver license.

I think he may actually be indicating (he did when he changed lanes) but the indicator's too dim following his VIP brake light improvement programme.

3 minutes ago, taotoo said:

I think he may actually be indicating (he did when he changed lanes) but the indicator's too dim following his VIP brake light improvement programme.

Could be. There is a good reason why the blinking brake lights are forbidden.

7 hours ago, garrya said:

I once asked my missus to tell me if she had any family members or friend who had never had a road accident. She could not come up with one.

I would bet everything I have that there is not one family in the whole of Thailand who has not had a member killed or seriously injured on the roads.

My own wife's family has had a a sister killed on a motorbike, a brother who was seriously injured when a car hit him while he was on his motorbike waiting to do a right turn, and a brother-in-law who ended upside down in a ditch as a passenger in a friend's pickup. My wife was also involved in an accident (I hesitate to use that word in Thailand) as a kid when her school pick-up crashed, with some of her friends killed and another who lost his legs. That was 50 years ago, and nothing has changed, and nor will it.

16 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Was that clouds of filthy black smoke pouring out of the vehicle as the driver accelerated to get to the intersection before the kids had a chance to get past it.

They tune their trucks to spew smoke, Morons

18 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Black smoke, incorrect braking lights, not looking, not using the indicator - and I guess no driver license.

And don't forget three on a motorbike built for two!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived