Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

Just did my 12 month extension at Jomtien office and for the first time got the letter that I have to show the 800K still in the bank after 3 months. This is despite my 800K being in a fixed deposit account for 9 years and has never moved. My question is, if you use an agent how do you show the 800K being there after 90 days unless the money is physically in your account?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

The three month follow up  review of funds balance seems to be discretionary on the part of the IO... Nuff said... :coffee1:

All he had to do was look at my bankbook and see 800K hasn't moved in 9 years, but apparently that's not good enough. I guess you are saying if you use an agent the 90 day report showing funds is waived.

"Just did my 12 month extension at Jomtien office and for the first time got the letter that I have to show the 800K still in the bank after 3 months. This is despite my 800K being in a fixed deposit account for 9 years and has never moved. My question is, if you use an agent how do you show the 800K being there after 90 days unless the money is physically in your account?"

You don't. If you can't do the 90 day online, the agent will process it.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

All he had to do was look at my bankbook and see 800K hasn't moved in 9 years, but apparently that's not good enough. I guess you are saying if you use an agent the 90 day report showing funds is waived.

correct....:thumbsup:

and when you do return after 90 days they want photocopies of Bank book page showing name and account etc plus page showing updated amount....they then enter the details into a computer...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joealx said:

"Just did my 12 month extension at Jomtien office and for the first time got the letter that I have to show the 800K still in the bank after 3 months. This is despite my 800K being in a fixed deposit account for 9 years and has never moved. My question is, if you use an agent how do you show the 800K being there after 90 days unless the money is physically in your account?"

You don't. If you can't do the 90 day online, the agent will process it.

Not sure there is any online facility for showing the 800K in the bank after 90 days. I have to physically show the updated bank book.

9 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Of course it's not good enough - past performance is no guarantee of future behaviour

Doesn't answer my question as to how an agent overcomes the 90 day updated bank book, and of course the 800K is supposed to be in the bank 3 months prior to the extension, how do they show that?

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

correct....:thumbsup:

and when you do return after 90 days they want photocopies of Bank book page showing name and account etc plus page showing updated amount....they then enter the details into a computer...

Also more copies of your passport. Somewhere there is a warehouse with millions of tons of paper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

imo this will end in tears for many and will probably set a record for responses on tvf when the first one gets deported and posts...

Why would they get deported?

Your not believeing in popular Thaivisa theory??...that all this been set up by immigration specially so it will actually push people into taking agents so the officers can collect the comissions in brown paper bags.

where is that Jack Thomson poster anyway

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, tingtongtourist said:

Why would they get deported?

Your not believeing in popular Thaivisa theory??...that all this been set up by immigration specially so it will actually push people into taking agents so the officers can collect the comissions in brown paper bags.

where is that Jack Thomson poster anyway

no, I never bought into that line of thinking though I understand why that may have been comforting to some..

8 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Does the agent actually deposit 800K into that bank book? Find that hard to believe.

It shows she has in the book 

i sign a withdrawal slip so she must do