Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thai immigration has turned the screws on everyone, rich and not so rich.

That, supposedly, was to try and eliminate/reduce those doing things illegally.

What appears to have happened though is those of us that comply with the system and do things correctly are penalised with the rules being made more difficult compared to what seems to be a much easier route for those who use the illegal route and pay people off.

40 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Just like so many posters, your real problem is because you are reasonably well off, you have it in for those who can't afford the money in the bank.

I can afford it, but I am not having anyone tell me how much I should have in my Thai bank account, besides Thailand is not stable enough for me to trust them with my life savings, so they will stay in my UK bank.

Get your facts right, show where I've indicated that I have it in for anyone who uses agents. That's what happens when you come in at the end and don't bother to read the facts.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

According to a survey, most Americans don't have $500 they could pay in an emergency.

Why you (or anyone else) would think we all have a spare $25,000 to park in a Thai bank is beyond me.

BUT,
how many of those american's are trying to live in Thailand full time?

3 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Get your facts right, show where I've indicated that I have it in for anyone who uses agents. That's what happens when you come in at the end and don't bother to read the facts.

Come in at the end?? I came in at the beginning, so you are the one who should get his facts right.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Come in at the end?? I came in at the beginning, so you are the one who should get his facts right.

Then why are you suggesting I have it in for those who use agents? That's pure BS and you know it. BTW I checked up to page 9 and you still hadn't put in a appearance, so funny idea of a beginning.

Edited by giddyup

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Then why are you suggesting I have it in for those who use agents? That's pure BS and you know it.

You have it in for those who are not as well off financially as you, and you also have it in for those who do not use the money in the bank system, except maybe the ones using the 65Bt per month system.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You have it in for those who are not as well off financially as you, and you also have it in for those who do not use the money in the bank system, except maybe the ones using the 65Bt per month system.

Show me where I either said that or even suggested it. Of course you can't, but that doesn't stop you talking BS does it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Show me where I either said that or even suggested it. Of course you can't, but that doesn't stop you talking BS does it?

Unlike you, I am not going to get involve in flaming, I am asking you nicely not to take this debate with me any further as any post from you will go unanswered.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Unlike you, I am not going to get involve in flaming, I am asking you nicely not to take this debate with me any further as any post from you will go unanswered.

It's not a debate, it's me responding to someone who is very loose with the truth, and who can't substantiate anything they say.

Edited by giddyup
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:
1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

According to a survey, most Americans don't have $500 they could pay in an emergency.

Why you (or anyone else) would think we all have a spare $25,000 to park in a Thai bank is beyond me.

BUT,
how many of those american's are trying to live in Thailand full time?

You're asking the wrong question.

You should be asking: 

How many Americans already living in Thailand fall into the 'don't have $500 they could pay in an emergency' catagory.

• Like 1