Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

10 minutes ago, The Cobra said:

You may well be right, it stops short term loans or a group passing the same 800k around between them etc, BUT it then funnels more down the agent route and increases the envelope flow. Again, no it isnt right, but its issued by an officer with the authority to do so. Therefore NOT illegal.

Should he be doing it ? is he being paid ? (speculation) who knows, that's an internal immigration matter and as long as things are shared around, Its clear it wont be stopped anytime soon.

"Abuse of power, in the form of "malfeasance in office" or "official misconduct," is the commission of an unlawful act, done in an official capacity, which affects the performance of official duties. ... Abuse of power can also mean a person using the power they have for their own personal gain."

This being Thailand, it's unlikely that an immigration official would ever be prosecuted, but it would be interesting to read exactly what the "discretionary powers" enable him to do, does it include turning a blind eye to hundreds of falangs who can't or won't meet the financial criteria for kickbacks?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, thaiflyer1 said:

Can't argue with you , its all wrong but its just the way it is......as you say its getting harder to stay legit.....and at the end of the day you have 400k on permanant loan to the Thai Govt , nice little earner for them from all the guys who die here with no benefactors

I/d prefer it if they said the year extension is 15k and no money in the bank, i/m sure many who use the agents have the funds but can find better ways to invest it than 1% off a Thai bank

As you say at the moment its a total hypocrisy, but so many things are here.....

Try 800K for 9 years, never moved from that account, and now they ask me to come back in 90 days with an updated bank book. It is what it is, but doesn't mean I have to like it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 12,500 agent charge vs 1,900 extension frees up the use of 800k equivalent elsewhere. I'm relaxed about using the agent method. Plus I don't want to bring in 65k+ a month if I don't need to

That's not what I asked.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

The 12,500 agent charge vs 1,900 extension frees up the use of 800k equivalent elsewhere. I'm relaxed about using the agent method. Plus I don't want to bring in 65k+ a month if I don't need to

Some of us actually NEED to bring in 65k.

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, giddyup said:
That's not what I asked.

Correct but you've had the answer numerous times already but you're still here

No, I haven't, read my question again.

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
59 minutes ago, wgdanson said:
Some of us actually NEED to bring in 65k.

Sure and that's fine, but those of us that don't need 65k a month, no point bringing it in. I gave up golf which was 24k+ a month

Kinnel, that was a lot to knock a ball into a hole in the ground.!   LOL

What are you doing instead, walking without the interruptions?

Edited by wgdanson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ratcatcher said:

You are obviously very disturbed by this system. My suggestion is that you go into the Pattaya Immigration Ofice on Soi 5 Jomtien and ask for the head officer. Tell him your story and see what his reaction is. Bottom line is that you can afford to do the routine version, others are being facilitated by Immigration officials via agents. You live in Pattaya therefore you should know the situation. The way it is seems to be, you have the B800,000 in the bank, result: happiness, others do not so they use agents,  result: happiness.

This is why we have a forum, one of it's functions is as a sounding board for injustice and grievances, even if it doesn't actually change anything. If there is too much negativity for you, find a happier post.

• Like 1

Has anyone actually done a 90 day check in online since they got a retirement visa extension since this 800,000K nonsense became an issue ? I don't renew my Visa under the new system until next year, but when I checked in in May online, there was nothing stating that they needed to see Bankbooks etc, and I seriously doubt they have the capacity or the wherewithal to change the App. I suspect if you check in online, that that requirement slips under the table (no pun intended).

Correct me if I am wrong.

And by the way there is the third option of removing the middleman and DIY with regards to the extension.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

There is no doubt the whole system is corrupt. The people who are honest and play by the rules are penalised.

Welcome to Thailand , enjoy your visit .

Regards , from a fellow Alien...

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ozbanglamung said:

Correct me if I am wrong.

And by the way there is the third option of removing the middleman and DIY with regards to the extension.

Lubrication , eases the mechanisms ...

CC,s never give up .555

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I have several friends who use agents.

They never ask questions and think the less they know the better.

I agree.

But, that is what a person is paying for.

The service and no worries.

My thinking since arriving 8 years ago. The Agency keeps up to date with the changing enforcement nuances and the change in personnel. Thus, my decision to hire the Agency to do my Extension of Stay and 90 Day Reports. Evan at that, this year was stressful as, for the 1st time I had to supply 12 months Bangkok Bank records plus the undated balance letter from Bangkok Bank (monthly income method). The Agency also suggested I supply the outgoing transfer amounts from my US financial institution. In the end, I showed up at Chiang Mai Immigration to get my Passport with new Extension of Stay granted.

Edited by wwest5829

8 minutes ago, simon43 said:

It's beyond me why this forum allows discussion of the use of agents to circumvent the 800/400k requirements.  It's plain illegal, no ifs or buts.  These discussions should be closed, just as prostitution discussions are closed...

According to some responses here it's not illegal at all, and immigration allowing agents to circumvent the rules (for a price) is perfectly legal. I guess after living in Thailand for any length of time you start to see even the most blatent corruption as acceptable or the norm.

6 minutes ago, wwest5829 said:

My thinking since arriving 8 years ago. The Agency keeps up to date with the changing enforcement nuances and the change in personnel. Thus, my decision to hire the Agency to do my Extension of Stay and 90 Day Reports. Evan at that, this year was stressful as, for the 1st time I had to supply 12 months Bangkok Bank records plus the undated balance letter from Bangkok Bank (monthly income method). The Agency also suggested I supply the outgoing transfer amounts from my US financial institution. In the end, I showed up at Chiang Mai Immigration to get my Passport with new Extension of Stay granted.

Not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about those that use agents to circumvent the rules re the 800K in the bank, for 3 months prior and 3 months after the extension. My gripe is not with those who go down that road, but with immigration for creating such a hypocritic situation.

7 hours ago, fforest1 said:

Your the freeloader because you dont pay agent money....Immigration dont like freeloaders....I bet right now they are cooking up new ways to get you uppity 800,000 baht deadbeats to show some respect to the man, by paying your fair share of agent money.... 

You may well be right.

• Like 1