Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

My question is, if you use an agent how do you show the 800K being there after 90 days unless the money is physically in your account?

Not sure I understand the problem. I myself have never used an agent but do have a fixed a/c in a bank (also have a savings a/c in same bank...have a bank book for each a/c showing how much money is in each a/c. I could get the "letter" using either a/c....so what would be the problem. Would you not just get the letter the same way you got it the first time doing your extention?

9 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

Not sure I understand the problem. I myself have never used an agent but do have a fixed a/c in a bank (also have a savings a/c in same bank...have a bank book for each a/c showing how much money is in each a/c. I could get the "letter" using either a/c....so what would be the problem. Would you not just get the letter the same way you got it the first time doing your extention?

There are those for whatever reasons, lack of funds, unwillingness to deposit money into a Thai bank account, who use an agent to circumvent the rules that immigration has imposed on the rest of us who wish to remain in Thailand and get an extension yearly. This means a deal is done with immigration to allow those using agents to forgo having money in the bank. So, no letter from bank, no proof of income is required. Understand?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

It's beyond me why this forum allows discussion of the use of agents to circumvent the 800/400k requirements.  It's plain illegal, no ifs or buts.  These discussions should be closed, just as prostitution discussions are closed...
After talking to Immigration and an agent about the bungs i realise it's generally accepted, encouraged and normal here. Just go with the flow
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

Doesn't answer my question as to how an agent overcomes the 90 day updated bank book, and of course the 800K is supposed to be in the bank 3 months prior to the extension, how do they show that?

They don’t have too they have already ‘paid’ the IO off.

• Like 1

I do the 65k per month deal, they want to see the transfer papers for every transaction showing from an overseas bank. I have BKK bank print out a statement, and then I print out all the Transferwise receipts for each transfer. Seems to be good enough here in CM.

Just now, Megascott said:

I do the 65k per month deal, they want to see the transfer papers for every transaction showing from an overseas bank. I have BKK bank print out a statement, and then I print out all the Transferwise receipts for each transfer. Seems to be good enough here in CM.

The subject is about using agents.

17 hours ago, The Cobra said:

No one is saying it isnt a sham etc, or unfair on those that do struggle to comply etc, but that doesnt make it illegal does it. The only issue is an internal immigration procedural issue no one else's.

Agree.  Take off those rose-colored glasses.  Happens all over the World.  Was it a sham that Melania Trump was approved for a GENIUS visa?  Of course.  Was it illegal?  Afraid not.  

Just now, newnative said:

Agree.  Take off those rose-colored glasses.  Happens all over the World.  Was it a sham that Melania Trump was approved for a GENIUS visa?  Of course.  Was it illegal?  Afraid not.  

Taking money under the table and ignoring the very rules that Immigration has instigated?  All above board in your book.

• Haha 2

Just now, BritManToo said:

Try PM, if you want it to be private.

Virtue signal to everyone, and everyone gets to reply.

No, but you are responding in the first person, ie "I didn't write the book", when I didn't say you had. Capisce?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joealx said:

The agent will take care of the 800000 and the 90 day reporting.  You won't have to go to immigration to prove anything. You may have to go there for a photo, but that will be ordered by the agent.

It really does stink to high heaven all of this! Nothing at all has changed in fact rather than getting shot of these agents, it has simply opened the door to yet another money making adventure for them and their corrupt counterparts in Immigration. It is so blatant it is almost funny - Well if it wasn't so rotten to the core like a lot of things here. But if you don't like it you can always leave! Ha Ha.

Take off those rose-colored glasses.  Happens all over the World. 

Absolutely.  But just like the visa scam a few years ago (sending your passport out of the country to get a visa stamp while you sit sipping a cold Chang in Pattaya), don't be surprised if it comes back and bites you...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, giddyup said:

There is no doubt the whole system is corrupt. The people who are honest and play by the rules are penalised.

So late realization. You cant do anything except venting your frustration in this forum. 

18 hours ago, poohy said:

It shows she has in the book 

i sign a withdrawal slip so she must do

And the money is deposited 3 months prior and left until 3 months after? No, of course it isn't. Besides, it's not your money is it, which defeats the whole purpose of having the 800K in the bank.

19 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

agent punters are losing at least 14,000 THB with no certainty how it ends?

People who buy privilege don't worry about money. Why do you earn money if you cant put into good use? Of course, if you're donating for children's hospital by subjecting yourself to inconvenience, I admire your sacrifice. 

Edited by onera1961

Just now, onera1961 said:

People who buy privilege don't worry about money. Why do you earn money if you cant put into good use? Of course, if you're donating for children's hospital, I admire your sacrifice. 

A great percentage of those using agents do worry about money, or lack of it. That's why they use an agent in the first place.

• Thanks 1

Worst comes to the worse or change regs, you could get multi entry visa , go cross the border and back every 89 days and reset the visa and not have to show it other than at the year extension if worried.

Personally , I send the wife, she never gets asked anything and she goes well dressed.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, giddyup said:

How can it be legal? The agents are circumventing the rules aided and abetted by corrupt immigration officers.

Unless a judge rules otherwise, everything is legal. I don't care the opinions of self-appointed lawyers in this forum who decide what is legal and not legal. 

Edited by onera1961

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

Cant you just leave other people and what they do alone?

Blowing out the candle of someone else does not make your own candle any brighter.

What is that, some kind of hippie BS? Why can't we all learn to get along etc.

Just now, onera1961 said:

Unless a judge rules otherwise, everything is legal. I don't care the opinions of self-appointed lawyers of this forum who decide what is legal and not legal. 

Don't be ridiculous, just because no one has been held accountable doesn't make it legal.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1