Question for those who use an agent for 12 month extension.

21 hours ago, giddyup said:

All he had to do was look at my bankbook and see 800K hasn't moved in 9 years, but apparently that's not good enough. I guess you are saying if you use an agent the 90 day report showing funds is waived.

they are so scared that you will take out the whole 800.000 baht the day after you applied, well not anymore ... that is been parked means as much as you have been in thailand 1 day or 40 years

• Like 1

1 minute ago, justin case said:

they are so scared that you will take out the whole 800.000 baht the day after you applied, well not anymore ... that is been parked means as much as you have been in thailand 1 day or 40 years

Yes, but my point is that the 800K has been waived for those that are willing to grease palms.

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Think I will join the others on your growing list of people who have you blocked.

Really, if you'd bothered to actually read the posts you'd see I have no axe to grind with the people who use agents, but with immigration's hypocrisy. 

1 minute ago, tropo said:

It's not a "line of thinking" at all. It's a fact that disturbs the I-do-everything-legally crowd. They have been eagerly waiting to see the people who use agents deported, so they can say "I told you so", for a very long time now.

Not at all. I just hate the blatant hypocrisy shown by immigration, I couldn't care less if people choose to use an agent or not.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Really, if you'd bothered to actually read the posts you'd see I have no axe to grind with the people who use agents, but with immigration's hypocrisy. 

I didn't read all the posts and I probably won't. I start at page one and stop when I've had enough, which is about now. My reply was a general one not specifically aimed at you.

Just now, tropo said:

I didn't read all the posts and I probably won't. I start at page one and stop when I've had enough, which is about now. My reply was a general one not specifically aimed at you.

And I wasn't replying to you, I was responding to Rookiescot.

23 minutes ago, giddyup said:

And the money is deposited 3 months prior and left until 3 months after? No, of course it isn't. Besides, it's not your money is it, which defeats the whole purpose of having the 800K in the bank.

You are a silly Billy of course not .......its there for about as it takes to update the book and the whole purpose of this is not to tie money up in the bank!!i

Anyway i do what suits me you can do whatever you wish

Just stop moaning about it! 

15 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Some of us actually NEED to bring in 65k.

I bring in ca. 70000 Thb since 2000. 

I don't NEED to. 

In fact with a Letter of Income I don't need to bring anything. 

But my life would be less agreeable if I didn't. 

• Like 1

This op seems to be a fisherman. Trying to catch any clicks he can. Why do you think agents can bypass the laws now when they are being so strictly enforced? If you don't have the money in your bank and require someone to mislead you thinking you can use an agent for that. You better think twice. They are probably scammers and forgers and you are the one who will pay in the end when caught

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, poohy said:

You are a silly Billy of course not .......its there for about as it takes to update the book and the whole purpose of this is not to tie money up in the bank!!i

Anyway i do what suits me you can do whatever you wish

Just stop moaning about it! 

Stop responding and so will I.

1 hour ago, giddyup said:

Taking money under the table and ignoring the very rules that Immigration has instigated?  All above board in your book.

Umm.  Where did I say it was above board?  Just pointed out that things like this happen all over the World.   

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, newnative said:

Umm.  Where did I say it was above board?  Just pointed out that things like this happen all over the World.   

You also agreed that it was legal. In my world that means above board. Go back and read your post.

11 minutes ago, cheshiremusicman said:

Let's get this straight once and for all. Does the 800k have to be in the bank 2 or 3 months 'PRIOR' to your application for an extension on the ground of retirement, I understood it was 2 months before and three months after correct or not?

2 months for your first application, 3 months subsequently.  Also 3 months after.

Edited by giddyup

7 minutes ago, thesetat2013 said:

This op seems to be a fisherman. Trying to catch any clicks he can. Why do you think agents can bypass the laws now when they are being so strictly enforced? If you don't have the money in your bank and require someone to mislead you thinking you can use an agent for that. You better think twice. They are probably scammers and forgers and you are the one who will pay in the end when caught

It is certain that if you employ an agent then you will never be caught while his sponsors hold power.  If the agent is caught his clients can hardly be blamed but if they are, would it not be simply a matter of paying new new agent? 

If the agent is caught his clients can hardly be blamed..

You're deluding yourself!  Of course they can be blamed and will be blamed and prosecuted for knowingly being part of a fraudalent activity.  Refer to my post about the visa scam some years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tgeezer said:

It is certain that if you employ an agent then you will never be caught while his sponsors hold power.  If the agent is caught his clients can hardly be blamed but if they are, would it not be simply a matter of paying new new agent? 

Unless a new broom decided to clean up the whole rotten mess and included the clients as being complicit in the fraud. Highly unlikely I know.

Just now, simon43 said:

You're deluding yourself!  Of course they can be blamed and will be blamed and prosecuted for knowingly being part of a fraudalent activity.  Refer to my post about the visa scam some years ago.

Just beat me to it!

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Also more copies of your passport. Somewhere there is a warehouse with millions of tons of paper.

Of course not. The paper is bleached, pulped and mixed into som tam.

22 hours ago, giddyup said:

Also more copies of your passport. Somewhere there is a warehouse with millions of tons of paper.

I've asked on this forum in the past if anyone knows what becomes of the tens of millions of copies immigration and banks have of our personal information.    Nobody knows it seems.

I've also asked through the Mrs of banks and the IOs if they  know and it's the same blank look.

Where is that warehouse?   555