Foreigners beware! Big Oud's "smart van" is coming for you!

webfact

Foreigners beware! Big Oud's "smart van" is coming for you!

11pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rat

Immigration in the northern Thai province of Nong Bua Lamphu proudly showed off their latest weapon in the war against illegal foreigners. 

It's the "Smart Van" and is the idea of Immigration Chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang, said Thai Rath. 

The van is equipped with the capability to check foreigners' credentials - people who might be on overstay or who are in the kingdom illegally.

Local immigration chief Pol Maj Ukrit Sadao said that a computer is used in the smart van to access the system. 

A picture showed that this appeared to be what is commonly known as a computer, technical term "laptop".

It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency.

11pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The smart van was used yesterday on a raid at a Sri Bun Reuang school where 32 year old Mjel Eugene Teboh, from Cameroon was taken into custody. 

Thai Rath called him a "person of color" in their headline noting that he was a language teacher.

Maj Ukrit said that Teboh came into Thailand as a tourist in 2015 and was on overstay. This information was ascertained with the help of the smart van. 

He has been charged with overstaying and working without a work permit. He is now in custody.

A picture on the Thai Rath site showed immigration officers smiling as a glum faced Mr Teboh held a Nong Bua Lamphu immigration sign.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-24

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency"

Whoa....this is real hi-tech - a tray table!!!

Apparently, they have one of these technical miracles for use at home!!

Gotta go & have a lie down now....

IMG_20190724_153602.png

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The van is equipped with the capability to 

crash depending on who's driving .?

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A picture showed that this appeared to be what is commonly known as a computer, technical term "laptop".

It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency.

Hahaha .. Anyone else registering some of the wit starting to appear in recent articles .. Rooster was at it yesterday .. 

Mr. Mjel Eugene Teboh,must have thought i will never get

caught out here at the back of beyond,then around the

corner comes the "Smart Van",busted,and the kids will

never get to learn English.

regards worgeordie

Congratulations Thailand! Your police communications systems are only 39 years behind the times now! 

The MDT-9100 was a mobile data terminal, developed by Motorola (USA) during the 1980s, as one of the successors to the D-1118. The units were developed for use by the Police and were mainly built into police vehicles.

https://www.cryptomuseum.com/crypto/motorola/mdt9100/index.htm

small.jpg

1 hour ago, stubuzz said:

7 people to catch one illegal teacher. I think the school director should also be arrested for employing and illegal alien.

That's how they do it in some countries, there will also be a massive fine for the employer which often shuts down the business.

Here they blame the person who gets the job. This is why it will never ever stop because there's no end of suckers lining up for the job.

They should go back to this place in a few weeks to see who's replaced him.

I think this new smart program should be expanded to randomly check on all foreigners throughout the kingdom.  In fact this can be a good solution for the tourist problem as well. From now on anytime a police officer sees a foreigner he should immediately demand to see his papers and charge him a fee of 500 baht for the service just rendered. There should be no limits on the numbers of times that these checks may take place of course with most falangs benefitting from it 2 - 12 times daily. A portion of the money collected will be used for a new Thai Smile poster and advertising campaign that will bring the tourists back so everyone benefits.

For all of you who ever doubted the notion that Thai immigration were behind the times and were not a hub of any kind, think on my friends - think on.

Some of you may scoff and guffaw, but look at this leap in immigration technology .........

The SA-Mart Soi Dog! ????

dog.jpg

As someone else mentioned above, I am also surprised that there isn't any punishment (at least a fine) for the employer of the person who was caught working without a work permit. Or, is there ?

By the way, it is obvious that there is a high demand for foreign English-language teachers at language schools in Thailand. Correct me if I am wrong, but, as far as I know, language schools (at least, the heavy majority of them) don't provide a work permit, as opposed to universities and secondary/high schools. Why don't they devise a system whereby all language schools can obtain work permits for at least a certain number (this number depending on the school's size or no. of students for example) of foreign English-language teachers ?!

Archived