Foreigners beware! Big Oud's "smart van" is coming for you!

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, LowcountryJames said:

As many of you guys joke about this, its a serious matter.

This happened to me as I walked out of my condo and was headed to 7-11. A van pulled up to me (on the main road) and three people hopped out while the van was still moving with the doors open - and they rushed me!

I freaked out as the three men said absolutely nothing to me and just ran towards me. My instincts kicked in and I punched the guy who was closest to me and I RAN. 

They started screaming, "No no no, POLICE. WE POLICE!" which definitely didn't make me feel any better because I just punched a cop. They chased me and I got caught in foot traffic and two of the cops were telling me to calm down and come back to the van (which was now parked on the side of the road). They said, "YOU AFRICA, YOU OVERSTAY!"

I'm an African American and have been working with a work permit and correct visa in Thailand for over 12 years. I was being profiled yet again. They asked to see my passport which I didn't have because I was just walking to 7-11, but I have my passport number memorised. I gave them my number and they plugged in my details into their laptop and boom, all of my information came up. They saw that I was here legally, said sorry and went back into the van.

I've always been profiled due to being Black - but if THIS is the way immigration is going to handle overstays, by jumping out of moving vans and harassing every person of color they see - I see no reason why to stay here anymore. 

Sir, you must continue to stay here and be happy to know that you are more educated then many in this country. I have witnessed including today that most of Thais dont sit next to black people in public transport still stay put if you are happy here. 

Sorry to add here that you are American & not African, Hispanic etc. These tools being used by politicians for some 2 decades and dividing such a fantastic country further.

Where you can see a black women to be a 4 star general or a colored 4 star general and secretary of state, later on? 

Relax and thanks for reading.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:15 PM, Creasy said:

A van with a laptop = a smart van

Must be a spelling mistake, supposed to be ''Smart Man, using laptop'' in a van catches over-stayer.

Send the van to Nana, many girls from Africa lined up waiting for a Smart Man in a Van, to catch them.

On 7/24/2019 at 6:57 PM, thequietman said:

This just in!

Thai Immigration have announced the NEW Sa-mart Bike. 

It's a first I tell ya. ????

smartbike.jpg

Hmm only problem with the bike is no cage to store the overstayed. Maybe they should get a tandem so the overstayed can pedal themselves to Immigration detention 

On 7/25/2019 at 8:57 AM, Dogmatix said:

It is sad that the school found that this guy was more useful as an English teacher than the “trained” Thai English teachers assigned by the Ministry of Education. Only a small part of Cameroon near the Nigerian border is English speaking and they speak pidgin or heavily accented English like Nigerians. The rest is francophone. None of them speak English or French as their mother tongue. At least the kids were probably forced to try to communicate with him in English.

Clearly the head teacher was not also dragged off to be fined the maximum B800,000 fine under the 2015 junta decree that replaced the 2008 Working if Aliens Act.

For so many years who are winning spell bee in the US? Asian kids???? 

English is now a global language. Its correct that head of school should be fined.

On 7/25/2019 at 3:27 PM, LowcountryJames said:

As many of you guys joke about this, its a serious matter.

This happened to me as I walked out of my condo and was headed to 7-11. A van pulled up to me (on the main road) and three people hopped out while the van was still moving with the doors open - and they rushed me!

I freaked out as the three men said absolutely nothing to me and just ran towards me. My instincts kicked in and I punched the guy who was closest to me and I RAN. 

They started screaming, "No no no, POLICE. WE POLICE!" which definitely didn't make me feel any better because I just punched a cop. They chased me and I got caught in foot traffic and two of the cops were telling me to calm down and come back to the van (which was now parked on the side of the road). They said, "YOU AFRICA, YOU OVERSTAY!"

I'm an African American and have been working with a work permit and correct visa in Thailand for over 12 years. I was being profiled yet again. They asked to see my passport which I didn't have because I was just walking to 7-11, but I have my passport number memorised. I gave them my number and they plugged in my details into their laptop and boom, all of my information came up. They saw that I was here legally, said sorry and went back into the van.

I've always been profiled due to being Black - but if THIS is the way immigration is going to handle overstays, by jumping out of moving vans and harassing every person of color they see - I see no reason why to stay here anymore. 

Well at least you got to punch one lucky man, i feel like i want to, on their home visits.

new wave of good quality/rich Indian tourists expected by TAT

News18.com,News18 Sun, 28 Jul 12:29 PM SGT

'What a Disgrace': Viral Video Shows Indian Family Caught Stealing 'Everything' from Bali Hotel

I'm sure immigration proudly released this information about their new weapon (The Smart Van) to show how serious they are in getting rid of the bad foreigner, whoever that is.  It really is funny in so many ways.  However, once all the joking is over and we give serious thought to this "smart van" nonsense, I can't help feel sorry for these people.

I can't imagine any other country in the world, who would come up with such nonsensical ideas and expect to be taken seriously.  It's loonie ideas like the smart van, TM forms, 90 day reporting, 800,000 baht deposits in a Thai Bank, and repetative annual visa extensions, that are persuading so many westerners to leave this country.  

I personally believe Thai Immigration is a lost cause, and will never in my lifetime be able to implement sensible and mature rules and regulations to manage the foreigners who truly do contribute to this country.  

There will come a point in time, where someone who is actually intelligent will realise what a mistake it was to rid their country of westerners.  I doubt if I'm around to see it, due to Thailands poor education system and paranoia over westerners.  

On 7/25/2019 at 2:06 PM, Globe Trotter said:

Back in the West all police cars have had this tech and then some for years, to track number plates, tax, insurance etc. I wonder when or if Thailand will catch up, and when they do, how they will manage to corrupt the heck out of it 

They won't catch up. They probably think they just invented it. Sad, but true.

Archived