Foreigners beware! Big Oud's "smart van" is coming for you!

webfact

How does a chap ( now black listed ) get a job as a language teacher . He is from the Cameroons , he is on overstay and what language is/was he teaching . what has the head of this school got to say about all this or was he from the Cameroons too ? I ask you !

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Aside from the van+laptop=smart van ridiculousness, what - are they going to now randomly check foreigners? That'll be great for tourism....

Yes I hope so.

Many criminals and disgusting Pedophiles hangout here.  Time to drain the swamp....

49 minutes ago, Mango Bob said:

They are painting a picture that all foreigners in Thailand are evil.  Not once have a seen an article from them on the good side.  

Are we waiting for an article about a foreigner who left ten million Baht in a taxi, and out of the kindness of his heart has given it all to the taxi driver?

Will that be enough to balance out the evil foreigner stories for at least today?

15 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Aside from the van+laptop=smart van ridiculousness, what - are they going to now randomly check foreigners? That'll be great for tourism....

Pretty sure even those on here that spin what a "tourist" is wouldn't try and spin someone working as a teacher into being a tourist,

14 hours ago, HLover said:

And people of color shuddered with fear and loathing, upon hearing of the van.

Screenshot_2019-07-24-16-09-57.png

It used to be a polite term for black people, when to say "black" was frowned upon; along with half a dozen other PC titles. A lot of people, including me who try not to upset anyone, have difficulty in keeping up. 

14 hours ago, JemJem said:

As someone else mentioned above, I am also surprised that there isn't any punishment (at least a fine) for the employer of the person who was caught working without a work permit. Or, is there ?

By the way, it is obvious that there is a high demand for foreign English-language teachers at language schools in Thailand. Correct me if I am wrong, but, as far as I know, language schools (at least, the heavy majority of them) don't provide a work permit, as opposed to universities and secondary/high schools. Why don't they devise a system whereby all language schools can obtain work permits for at least a certain number (this number depending on the school's size or no. of students for example) of foreign English-language teachers ?!

Because quite simply that would negate said foreigner have to jumping through never ending bureaucratic hoops.

Why do the Many Ex-Pats that comment on Articles like this Respond with So Much Drivel if they Cannot Comment with a Sensible Answer , to What Would Help ? they should Abstain from Comments ????

As for the Smart Van it must also be Equipped with Wi-Fi ?

15 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You're kidding, right? There is no stigma here about "profiling." If your face is white or black, you may be up to something shady, and there is nothing that legally prevents the cops from checking up on you just to make sure. Any time the boss gets a hair up his butt to do so, he can turn on the switch for random checks, just to make sure.

14 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Mr. Mjel Eugene Teboh,must have thought i will never get

caught out here at the back of beyond,then around the

corner comes the "Smart Van",busted,and the kids will

never get to learn English.

regards worgeordie

It's fine. The kids never would have learned English, with or without Mr. Teboh's kind tutelage.

So, who will teach the children English now? 

The village I am in has great schools and none of the children will speak English as they don't know how to pronounce the words. 

Seven years ago I worked as a volunteer with one school and when I used to do my two days a week, the teachers from three schools around used to attend the class. 

Eventually I used to get free dinner if I ran a class for the teachers after hours. 

It was great for me, great for the children and great for the teachers. 

After a couple of years I came back and was told by the principal that a complaint was made and I was no longer permitted to do it, sick and sad society. 

I am constantly being requested to help out with English pronunciation at the school in the Philippines where I now live except for holidays in Thailand. 

25 minutes ago, UglyBug said:

Why do the Many Ex-Pats that comment on Articles like this Respond with So Much Drivel if they Cannot Comment with a Sensible Answer , to What Would Help ? they should Abstain from Comments ????

As for the Smart Van it must also be Equipped with Wi-Fi ?

Perhaps you should buy the forum from the Nation, then you can dictate who's drivel is good and who's is bad.

Two words bad, four words good. That's my drivel on the subject - until you make your purchase.

Its not that we are or we want to be illegal stayers or whatever but the fact that we feel we are no more welcome in thailand ‘drop your money here and go’ even the word foreigners sounds like an insult to the point that if you call a thai “foreigner” he will certainly kick you! 

Mmmmm.....I'm not sure whether to comment on the wanna be comedians or the subject of the article? 

I'll try the subject.

I was hitch-hiking along a secondary road in Western Germany in 1977 when an unmarked police car  (sporty BMW) pulled over. 2 guys, in plain clothes jumped out of the car with pitols drawn, yelling at me. Arms up, frisked, passport checked on their in car computer.

No worries, I came up clean. I asked if I could get a lift with them seeing that they were going my way. They said "No" and sped off......

Big Brother is watching us!...has been for decades.Now even here in Thailand.

Archived