Foreigners beware! Big Oud's "smart van" is coming for you!

webfact

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Runamile said:

Wow! Can we just go to the Smart Van for good connectivity to 90-Day report? One is bound to be touring our neighbourhood!

Ha ha! Why do I suspect you might be charged for the use of their internet connection?

16 hours ago, faraday said:

"It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency"

Whoa....this is real hi-tech - a tray table!!!

Apparently, they have one of these technical miracles for use at home!!

Gotta go & have a lie down now....

IMG_20190724_153602.png

Perhaps the article contains a touch of sarcasm ?

17 hours ago, taichiplanet said:

looking forward to see what the smart cars and smart bikes look like!

You won't be able to miss them they're the ones in pieces at the side of the road, up a tree, wrapped around a pole, in a ditch etc 

43 minutes ago, Grandpa Cool said:

Mmmmm.....I'm not sure whether to comment on the wanna be comedians or the subject of the article? 

I'll try the subject.

I was hitch-hiking along a secondary road in Western Germany in 1977 when an unmarked police car  (sporty BMW) pulled over. 2 guys, in plain clothes jumped out of the car with pitols drawn, yelling at me. Arms up, frisked, passport checked on their in car computer.

No worries, I came up clean. I asked if I could get a lift with them seeing that they were going my way. They said "No" and sped off......

Big Brother is watching us!...has been for decades.Now even here in Thailand.

Thailand is only 42 years behind the times, impressive 

17 hours ago, faraday said:

"It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency"

Whoa....this is real hi-tech - a tray table!!!

Apparently, they have one of these technical miracles for use at home!!

Gotta go & have a lie down now....

IMG_20190724_153602.png

That must be one of those new smart lounge rooms

17 hours ago, webfact said:

It was ingeniously placed on a tray table for added comfort and efficiency.

Amazing ????

"A picture on the Thai Rath site showed immigration officers smiling as a glum faced Mr Teboh held a Nong Bua Lamphu immigration sign".

Did anybody notice the welcome sign above his head....lol

16 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Aside from the van+laptop=smart van ridiculousness, what - are they going to now randomly check foreigners? That'll be great for tourism....

It's my opinion that Thailand don't want foreigners here at all and are hell bent on getting rid of as many as they can what ever way they can!

It is sad that the school found that this guy was more useful as an English teacher than the “trained” Thai English teachers assigned by the Ministry of Education. Only a small part of Cameroon near the Nigerian border is English speaking and they speak pidgin or heavily accented English like Nigerians. The rest is francophone. None of them speak English or French as their mother tongue. At least the kids were probably forced to try to communicate with him in English.

Clearly the head teacher was not also dragged off to be fined the maximum B800,000 fine under the 2015 junta decree that replaced the 2008 Working if Aliens Act.

17 hours ago, Creasy said:

A van with a laptop = a smart van

Back in the West all police cars have had this tech and then some for years, to track number plates, tax, insurance etc. I wonder when or if Thailand will catch up, and when they do, how they will manage to corrupt the heck out of it 

To It’s actually quite surprising that these foreign teachers can survive in up country schools for months and years before they are arrested. There must an awful lot of people who know about them and there is no way an African national could be a legitimate teacher as their countries are not in the list of English speaking countries approved as native speakers to get teachers licenses. Ireland only got on to the list recently and I don’t think even native speaker South Africans qualify. To be fair they have assess the whole country and most South Africans are not mother tongue speakers of English. Cameroonians certainly aren’t.

Police Officers  have been using computers in their cars for almost 20 years in North America and Europe.

So 1 laptop in  a van for how many thousand  Immigration police officers. ?

3 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

It’s actually quite surprising that these foreign teachers can survive in up country schools for months and years before they are arrested. There must an awful lot of people who know about them and there is no way an African national could be a legitimate teacher as their countries are not in the list of English speaking countries approved as native speakers to get teachers licenses. Ireland only got on to the list recently and I don’t think even native speaker South Africans qualify.

One might say create your own country and imposed your laws there buddy... some people will adore or love it.

Archived