BANGKOK
bluesofa

Bangkok Bank online purchase problem

21 minutes ago, steven100 said:
38 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When I got angry, the girl I spoke to shouted at

There's your problem …..    it's not the west …   but it can be annoying all the same !

Quite right. If it was the west, how many customers would they have lost by now due to their useless attitude.

In the meantime, I just use my SCB debit card instead, that works fine.

Edited by bluesofa
misprit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Quite right. If it was the west, how many customers would they have lost by now due to their useless attitude.

In the meantime, I just use my SCB debit card instead, that works fine.

yes ….  they just don't seem to grasp the idea of solving issue's quickly, it's just the ' mai pen rai ' attitude.

And just to add …. I have a BBL Visa debit card, and for the life of me I think I have only had success paying a bill online once ….  if memory serves me correctly, I always get an issue when the verify-by-visa page appears and then they want some stupid 8 digit reference number to get a OTP.  I gave up trying … lol

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ….  they just don't seem to grasp the idea of solving issue's quickly, it's just the ' mai pen rai ' attitude.

And just to add …. I have a BBL Visa debit card, and for the life of me I think I have only had success paying a bill online once ….  if memory serves me correctly, I always get an issue when the verify-by-visa page appears and then they want some stupid 8 digit reference number to get a OTP.  I gave up trying … lol

To be fair I've had that a few times, using a laptop.

Did you realise you need to click the box that says something like "Generate OTP", which instantly sends the OTP code to your mobile, then you just type the number on your mobile into the next box on the screen?

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

To be fair I've had that a few times, using a laptop.

Did you realise you need to click the box that says something like "Generate OTP", which instantly sends the OTP code to your mobile, then you just type the number on your mobile into the next box on the screen?

yes ….  but up further on the Verify by visa page they required an 8 digit reference number before generating the OTP ….  I called the bank, went into the bank ...etc ….  anyway as usual, no pwoblem … it wokink ..bla bla.

I haven't tried it for 5 months or so …. not game to ..lol cheers.

6 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ….  but up further on the Verify by visa page they required an 8 digit reference number before generating the OTP ….  I called the bank, went into the bank ...etc ….  anyway as usual, no pwoblem … it wokink ..bla bla.

I haven't tried it for 5 months or so …. not game to ..lol cheers.

Ah, OK. Perhaps that's the one you need to initialise your card to use for internet purchases, as a one off thing?

I had to do that and it was rather convoluted, but the call centre staff talked me through the procedure.

• Like 1