Retired teacher shoots dead underage lover, turns gun on himself: police

snoop1130

Retired teacher shoots dead underage lover, turns gun on himself: police 

By The Nation

800_021d2690b058249.jpg

The bodies of a retired teacher and 14-year-old student were found side-by-side on a bed of at a Khon Kaen resort with bullet wounds to their heads in what police believe is a murder and suicide stemming from jealousy.

The bodies were found in a room at a Mancha Khiri district resort after the two did not check out as scheduled at 9pm. After they did not answer a door knock, staff used a spare key to open the room and found the bodies before calling police.

The man was identified as Prasit Rupanya, 60, a retired teacher living in Tambon Kham Khaen.

The other body was identified as a 14-year old girl student who was studying in a school in Khon Kaen’s Muang district.

Pol Colonel Yutthakarn Somuang, commander of Mancha Khiri police station, said the girl’s body was found on the right arm of the man. Both had bullet wounds to their left temples, and a 9mm pistol and two empty shells were found near the bodies.

The two were properly dressed and police found no sign of fighting in the room.

Staff told police that the two arrived in a pick-up truck and checked in at 5.40pm.

Yutthakarn said police believe the teacher shot the girl before turning the gun on himself.

Yutthakarn said police learned from the man’s friends that he was divorced from his wife and had had relations with the girl for two years. The man then learned that the girl had a new boyfriend and wanted to leave the man, and he became jealous.

Police sent the gun for a test to establish whether there were fingerprints from a third person.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373568

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand  2019-07-24

If he shot himself because he recognised he was a dirty pervert, I would be quite happy. But to take the life of a child who hadn't even left school is absolutely awful. It is even more sickening given his friends apparently knew what was going on between them and said nothing. Something very wrong with all of these people.

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Staff told police that the two arrived in a pick-up truck and checked in at 5.40pm.

30 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

the two did not check out as scheduled at 9pm

So obviously a short time hotel, where the staff had to have noticed that the girl was obviously underage. Sickening what people will turn a blind eye to when there is money flowing around.

What are things coming to, when a 60 year old teacher, yes a teacher, a person who is charged with protecting/ caring for children, and the disgusting pervert was having sex with her.

Her parents should be horse whipped for clearly allowing it to happen, probably been getting money off the pervert.

13 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Now this is getting beyond sick. The school should compensate the mom and dad. New boyfriend? How old was he, and was he a teacher too?

Why should the school compensate anyone?! They’re not responsible for his private life or the consequences! I also think it’s pretty safe to say that he didn’t advertise his pedophile “relationship” with a minor! 

In my previous post i said her parents should be horse whipped for allowing it, well my wife has told me, her parents split up when the girl was 3 months old.

She was brought up by her grandparents.

The girl had been dating a 17 year old lad, and apparently they were planning on getting married in a year or two, and the girl told Prasit about her plans, and he wasnt happy about it.

Prasit retired early from teaching ( at 58 ) and his relationship with the girl was well known.

My wife worked with Prasit before, and her comment about him was he was very creepy towards women, and my wife said he wasnt exactly good looking, he was bald and overweight.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

In my previous post i said her parents should be horse whipped for allowing it, well my wife has told me, her parents split up when the girl was 3 months old.

The girl had been dating a 17 year old lad, and apparently they were planning on getting married in a year or two, and the girl told Prasit about her plans, and he wasnt happy about it.

Prasit retired early from teaching ( at 58 ) and his relationship with the girl was well known.

My wife worked with Prasit before, and her comment about him was he was very creepy towards women, and my wife said he wasnt exactly good looking, he was bald and overweight.

He should have visited Pattaya. He would have been a sexy handsum man for sure.

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

She was brought up by her grandparents

Are you advocating horsewhipping the grandparents now?

30 minutes ago, colinneil said:

In that case the grand parents should have been horse whipped along with those that knew about the relationship and simply condoned it rather than reporting it. And let's not pretend the grandparents were old. This pervert started a relationship with child when she was 12 years old so  most probably the grandparents were younger than the pervert.

And while this is going on the big push is for the smart van to track down visa overstayers... A 12 year old girl shagging a 58 year old teacher who later kills her isn't a big deal but try and try and try to get a work permit and finally say heck with it and you get your own smart van 'pal' tracking you down.  Interesting priorities.

2 minutes ago, The Alien said:

Why police not take any action against the motel for not checking the guest’s ID. The girl’s parents should sue this motel too. 

Why would the police take action against the resort?

Did he hide the girl in the pickup?

Was the girl sitting there for all to see?

We dont know the answer to that.

Also please read all the posts before commenting, then if you read my previous post, you would have read the girl was being brought up by grandparents, neither of her parents were around, both long gone.

15 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Now this is getting beyond sick. The school should compensate the mom and dad. New boyfriend? How old was he, and was he a teacher too?

The pressing need to open a can of worms post of the day award goes to...

1 hour ago, remorhaz said:

And while this is going on the big push is for the smart van to track down visa overstayers... A 12 year old girl shagging a 58 year old teacher who later kills her isn't a big deal but try and try and try to get a work permit and finally say heck with it and you get your own smart van 'pal' tracking you down.  Interesting priorities.

Simply because Thai society except it is is more important to find foreigners on over-stay than it is stopping Thai perverts molesting children and its ok for friends and family to allow it to happen.

15 hours ago, holy cow cm said:

Why should the school compensate?

He was a teacher at a local school in Mancha Kiri, before he retired, she was a student in Khonkaen.

Her new boyfriend is 17, so no not a teacher.

1 hour ago, klauskunkel said:

Thailand, you have a hole in your culture

Indeed. Massive inequities. Power, access to justice, wealth, land, opportunities are concentrated in the hands of a few. Exploitation and injustice on an unimaginable scale is inevitable.

11 minutes ago, wreckingcountry said:

It’s rife and under the radar with their own people!

It's part of Thai culture and going on since centuries. In the past it wasn't unusual if this was happening within the family.

8 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

It's part of Thai culture and going on since centuries. In the past it wasn't unusual if this was happening within the family.

Correct except it is also occurring in the present time as the OP illustrates and no doubt will do so in the future due to this being  part of Thai culture

29 minutes ago, The Alien said:

Why police not take any action against the motel for not checking the guest’s ID. The girl’s parents should sue this motel too. 

Whenever I've used a short time hotel, they've only seen me after.

You drive in the garage, walk into the connecting room and lock the door.

The staff draw the curtain and start the clock after you're in the room.

Unless you want room service, they don't see you.

If the girl gets in the car before you pay, they never see her.

There was a sign outside my favourite in Chiang Mai, in Thai saying 'no school/university uniforms allowed'.

As for the OP, very nasty but the Thais don't really care about the ladies age, unless there's a complaint and a chance to extort money.

16 hours ago, thequietman said:

So, this teacher was shagging a girl of 12 when he was 58 and not retired.

Nobody in his school notice anything? 

Disgusting to say the least. ????

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Yutthakarn said police learned from the man’s friends that he was divorced from his wife and had had relations with the girl for two years

Apparently widely know but know one thought to put it to the teacher that it was inappropriate and should stop the relationship or suffer the consequences of being reported to the police.

Instead when the young girl finds a new boyfriend possibly similar to her own age he cowardly takes her life!

18 minutes ago, Dnyy said:

Meanwhile, back in the UK, the daughters of dysfunctional, low-income, Christian white families get raped by persons of another ethnicity, culture and religion.

11 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

Correct except it is also occurring in the present time as the OP illustrates and no doubt will do so in the future due to this being  part of Thai culture

Human beings... they can be pretty bloody awful wherever you find them IMHO.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Meanwhile, back in the UK, the daughters of dysfunctional, low-income, Christian white families get raped by persons of another ethnicity, culture and religion.

Human beings... they can be pretty bloody awful wherever you find them IMHO.

Absolutely agree with you 100%. its just that in Thailand there is a more cultural acceptance that people, even family members, "diddle" with female children due to the fact generally there is some financial return in allowing it to happen or turning a blind eye.

Archived