TransferWise and Bangkok Bank

10 minutes ago, Issanman said:

I just spent some time looking at my TW account online. I found a place where I could specify Bangkok Bank as my priority recipient of Thai baht, which I did, of course.

I think you meant "primary" acct vs "priority" acct.   When designating a Primary acct below is how it's used.

https://transferwise.com/help/12/managing-your-profile/2932129/nominating-a-primary-account

image.png.18f4724e555bf529d7b51d79e62b1dce.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Ling Kae said:

My primary account is my Bangkok Bank account and may last transfer still came through as a local transfer. I will change to Kasikorn for my next one and see what happens, will update once done.

Did you contact/phone TW directly and ask them to tag your TW acount so that your transfers be sent via your preferred route, via their BKKB partner?

Edited by sumrit

When doing bank to bank transfers, their is usually a standard charge by your bank which is charged separately to your account. Thereafter there may also be an additional Intermediary bank charge, which again is charged directly to your account.
The full sum is transferred, but the receiving bank may also charge a receiving fee, which is deducted from the incoming total.
Yes I'm well aware of exactly how the fees are applied and by who. The SPECIFIC point of the HSBC transfer this time was to see if they are still using Intermediary banks which will result in the funds being depleted en route over and above their flat £4. A few years ago HSBC weren't using Intermediary banks. Then their arrangements changed. Then transfers were being hit. The one I did recently wasn't. But I'm not sure that that can be relied on seeing as another poster transferring from HSBC also to BKK Bank a day or so after me did get a £35 charge.

26 minutes ago, SooKee said:
21 hours ago, Tanoshi said:
When doing bank to bank transfers, their is usually a standard charge by your bank which is charged separately to your account. Thereafter there may also be an additional Intermediary bank charge, which again is charged directly to your account.
The full sum is transferred, but the receiving bank may also charge a receiving fee, which is deducted from the incoming total.

Yes I'm well aware of exactly how the fees are applied and by who. The SPECIFIC point of the HSBC transfer this time was to see if they are still using Intermediary banks which will result in the funds being depleted en route over and above their flat £4. A few years ago HSBC weren't using Intermediary banks. Then their arrangements changed. Then transfers were being hit. The one I did recently wasn't. But I'm not sure that that can be relied on seeing as another poster transferring from HSBC also to BKK Bank a day or so after me did get a £35 charge.

Just a point of info, HSBC international Swift transfers are currently down and have been since friday am, i've emailed them and am still awaiting a reply.

On 8/3/2019 at 10:02 AM, Issanman said:

I just spent some time looking at my TransferWise account online. I found a place where I could specify Bangkok Bank as my primary recipient of Thai baht, which I did, of course. So I decided to do a test transfer of $200 to see if it would work. As the last step in setting up this test transfer, I was asked the reason why I was transferring the money. There was a drop down box with a dozen or so different reasons that I could choose.

The interesting part was that the last reason on the list was "transfer funds for long term stay in Thailand". 

Thailand was the only country listed on the drop down box.

My test transfer is not scheduled to be completed until Aug 6, but this may be a hopeful sign that TransferWise is finally learning how to fix this.

Just as a follow-up to this post, I did receive my TransferWise test transfer today and it did show up in my Bangkok Bank account as an international transfer.

Hopefully, they have got this problem fixed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Issanman said:

Just as a follow-up to this post, I did receive my TransferWise test transfer today and it did show up in my Bangkok Bank account as an international transfer.

Hopefully, they have got this problem fixed.

Thanks for the update. Just out of interest, had you previously contacted TW in the past to request your transfers be routes via their BKKB partnership as a lot of us have done? 

On 8/4/2019 at 7:20 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

Just a point of info, HSBC international Swift transfers are currently down and have been since friday am, i've emailed them and am still awaiting a reply.

I've had a reply from HSBC to just this question.  They told me to delete the payee and re-enter the  payee as a new one.  Make  a note of your payee details and delete it. I did this and the transfer went through no problem.  The only thing to note is that when I entered my bank details last time for Kasikorn Bank I gave the  SWIFT code as  KASITHBK.  Now it has to be KASITHBKXXX

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, sumrit said:

Thanks for the update. Just out of interest, had you previously contacted TW in the past to request your transfers be routes via their BKKB partnership as a lot of us have done? 

I have never called them on the telephone and I have never contacted them by email, if that is what you mean.

Edited by Issanman
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lungbing said:

I've had a reply from HSBC to just this question.  They told me to delete the payee and re-enter the  payee as a new one.  Make  a note of your payee details and delete it. I did this and the transfer went through no problem.  The only thing to note is that when I entered my bank details last time for Kasikorn Bank I gave the  SWIFT code as  KASITHBK.  Now it has to be KASITHBKXXX

TFP, yep i eventually got the same.