Mueller says Trump was not exonerated but Trump declares victory

webfact

48 minutes ago, Sujo said:
2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Ya we were watching this 'clarification'  from the afternoon session.... were you?

Mueller issues clarification, takes back bombshell statement about indicting Trump - Fox News.ts 8.57 MB · 1 download

The clarification was not about the multiple instances of collusion and obstruction. 

“I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning," Mueller said. "I want to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu, who said and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President because of the OLC opinion. That is not the correct way to say it. As we say in the report and as I said at the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the President committed a crime.”

Muller also admitted (in the morning) there has never been a case where the DoJ determined that an investigated person "was not exonerated", except Mr. Trump's case. Worse, exonerated (legally) requires a conviction be overturned, thus of course Muller cannot exonerate.

All word mumbo-jumbo. I am not a Trump fan, but I cringe when truth is so brutalized as in today's political environment. "Houston, we have a problem", and Houston never called back because everyone was bickering.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-mueller-highlights/highlights-from-former-us-special-counsel-muellers-testimony-idUSKCN1UJ2LH

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another nothing burger !Mr. Reschenthaler  called the handling   of the investigation   unamerican .  When asked how many interview's of witnesses  did you attend,"very few" .When asked who wrote the memos he wouldn't say ,which means he didn't.

It appears by his answers and lack of them,he was just a stooge doing the bidding of his 18 angry Trump hating prosecutors. 

in the US you are innocent till proven guilty as was pointed out during the hearing, as trump was not found guilty he has to be considered innocent under US laws. Mueller said they didnt have enough to charge him or make a finding which backs this up,  the only ones that are refusing to accept these facts are democrats, in reality what this hearing has done shows that mueller was simply in his office while the investigating and charges plus the write up were all done by his democrat lawyers especially seeing they didnt charge any of their witnesses on their side when they lied repeatedly. As it stands democrats are left with sh*t all over their faces, he has been cleared but cant wait to see what the new investigation of the democrats and their  faked charges brings, sounds like it is going to bite those that instigated this crap, they are going to be in a bit of trouble

9 hours ago, helpisgood said:

That's a great day for the presidency?  How about being exonerated from obstruction of justice?  That may be a "great day."  Trump setting the bar lower than I think our Founding Fathers would have preferred. 

Trump:  "And you could say this was a great day for me, but I don't even like to say that,"

Yeah sure, being humble is far from the first word anyone would use to describe you, especially if you need to announce it.

OP:  "Trump told reporters outside the White House as he was leaving on a trip to West Virginia. "And now they have less than nothing. And I think they're going to lose the 2020 election very big,..."  [Bold added.]

So this former rich kid couldn't get a grammar teacher?  What a role model, bigly.

I bet the "Prince of Whales" uses better grammar.

But, Trump told a complete and total lie, and as if anyone believes Trump actually read the long Mueller Report.

So Donald, is that also part of your "great day" for the presidency.  You do know that you are not just running a real estate business?

Mueller can't exonerate anybody. Even a jury can only find someone not guilty, but cannot exonerate anyone. 

After watching the Mueller hearings. It is quite evident that Robert Mueller did not write the report. He actually knew very little as to what was even in it. 

Further proof, the whole thing is a sham. 

3 minutes ago, seajae said:

Mueller said they didnt have enough to charge him or make a finding which backs this up,  the only ones that are refusing to accept these facts are democrats

Oh they accept it, and they know it, but they want to keep this in the news to slander the president and influence public opinion (which according to polling, is having the opposite effect). Thats why they tabled (multiple times) impeachment proceedings, and now want to talk about "Impeachment Inquiries" which is just further evidence that all they really want to do is take their politically motivated sham investigation and use it as politically motivated attack propaganda. 

But thats cool, its working in Trumps favor and they look small, petty, and stale. 

I didn't think Mueller did a great job at the hearings. That having been said, I think it was clear that Trump obstructed justice, and that Mueller felt that way but could not charge a sitting president. It is also clear that Trump's refusal to answer questions was just another form of obstruction. 

25 minutes ago, PhonThong said:

All this apparently happened under Obama's watch while he was still president. Why is it, he was not brought before congress to answer questions? Ever!

This post makes no sense.

For one, the obstruction did not happen under Obama's watch. And for two, the investigation was launched into the interference under Obama's watch. Obama didn't interfere in the investigation, because President's shouldn't have their thumb on the justice department.

Just now, jcsmith said:

I didn't think Mueller did a great job at the hearings. That having been said, I think it was clear that Trump obstructed justice, and that Mueller felt that way but could not charge a sitting president. It is also clear that Trump's refusal to answer questions was just another form of obstruction. 

Did you actually listen?  see the clarification that they did not even consider this or are you making it up?

I sounds like you are just repeating something you heard elsewhere. Is that true?

2 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

Mueller did reiterate that his investigation did not exonerate the president on obstruction of justice. He also dismissed Trump's claims that the investigation was a "witch hunt" and that Russian interference was a "hoax."  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/cummings-implores-american-people-to-pay-attention-to-whats-going-on-after-mueller-testimony/ar-AAEOxtw?ocid=spartanntp

Mueller...an attorney...tasked with the job of investigating Russian interference in 2016 Presidential election was not and is not in a position to exonerate anyone...especially the President of the United States...

Stay in your lane...false unvetted rumors started by a paid informant...and false leaked FBI information to the press created the "witch hunt"...for which the country has been held hostage for 3 years now...

5 hours ago, Sujo said:

Why should he be. That wasnt part of his investigation. Barr is looking into that.

Of course it was part of the Russia investigation. Had you heard of Fusion GPS? Anyone who was paying attention to this whole debacle had heard of it. Either Mueller is incompetent or is a liar. 

I am still waiting for even one person to come forward and announce that they were duped by the Russians, and only because of that, they voted for Trump... 

News flash...  the Russians did not influence anyone ti Vote for Trump,  the corrupt and Anti-American Democrats did that.

1 minute ago, Xavnel said:

I am still waiting for even one person to come forward and announce that they were duped by the Russians, and only because of that, they voted for Trump... 

News flash...  the Russians did not influence anyone ti Vote for Trump,  the corrupt and Anti-American Democrats did that.

I don't even think it was most democrats only the few that made the choice of the nominee.  If Russia was on the ball they would have helped her get nominated thereby insuring a Trump victory.  

8 hours ago, dcutman said:

The president and in particular the GOP in congress was just delivered the best gift they could have ever hoped for in any of their wildest dreams.

It is sad the Dems pinned their hopes on this guy and made him look like a hopeless geriatric case, that had nothing to do with this case he was supposedly in charge of.

Do you live in the same world as others, or have difficulty with comprehension........

"The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?" Lieu asked, referring to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel.

"That is correct," Mueller said.

Mueller's statement directly contradicted what he wrote in his report and could have been damaging to Trump, implying that he was a criminal in all but name………….

Mueller has confirmed, publicly, the major details of his voluminous report.

'Our 2016 election came under massive attack by the Russians, and those efforts continue. The goal was to help Donald Trump's electoral prospects. People in the Trump campaign welcomed the efforts. Trump stood to gain financially from relationships with Russia through the building of a Trump Tower in Moscow'. 

He also confirmed the multiple ways that Trump sought to obstruct his investigation.

He clarified that his office had not made a determination as to when Trump had committed a crime, because of internal Department of Justice guidance that states a sitting president couldn't be indicted. He affirmed that Trump could be charged with obstruction of justice.

And, in what may be the most resonant sound bite, he underscored, contrary to the lie Trump keeps telling, that Trump was in fact not fully exonerated by his findings.

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

"The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?" Lieu asked, referring to the Justice Department's Office of Legal Counsel.

I guess nobody cares that Mueller walked this back at the end of the testimony and said they did not make any determination of guilt, directly referencing Lieu, and making this whole argument pointless. 

Just now, xylophone said:

Do you live in the same world as others, or have difficulty with comprehension........

Mueller's statement directly contradicted what he wrote in his report and could have been damaging to Trump, implying that he was a criminal in all but name………….

Mueller has confirmed, publicly, the major details of his voluminous report.

'Our 2016 election came under massive attack by the Russians, and those efforts continue. The goal was to help Donald Trump's electoral prospects. People in the Trump campaign welcomed the efforts. Trump stood to gain financially from relationships with Russia through the building of a Trump Tower in Moscow'. 

He also confirmed the multiple ways that Trump sought to obstruct his investigation.

He clarified that his office had not made a determination as to when Trump had committed a crime, because of internal Department of Justice guidance that states a sitting president couldn't be indicted. He affirmed that Trump could be charged with obstruction of justice.

And, in what may be the most resonant sound bite, he underscored, contrary to the lie Trump keeps telling, that Trump was in fact not fully exonerated by his findings.

You know that's not right :

"He clarified that his office had not made a determination as to when Trump had committed a crime, because of internal Department of Justice guidance that states a sitting president couldn't be indicted."

He clarified his mistake in the afternoon session - you have either not seen that or are deliberately ignoring it by quoting the EARLIER mistake. 

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Former Special Counsel Robert Mueller emphasized on Wednesday he had not exonerated Donald Trump of obstruction of justice

No prosecutor before Mueller (disgraced) nor after Mueller, has ever exonerated anyone.  It's not written in the law.  Mueller is a fraud and a partisan.  Anyone who thinks he and his ilk of a clan was fair, is delusional.

48 minutes ago, jcsmith said:

This post makes no sense.

For one, the obstruction did not happen under Obama's watch. And for two, the investigation was launched into the interference under Obama's watch. Obama didn't interfere in the investigation, because President's shouldn't have their thumb on the justice department.

If it happened pre election, then it definitely happened under Obama's watch.  

23 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Of course it was part of the Russia investigation. Had you heard of Fusion GPS? Anyone who was paying attention to this whole debacle had heard of it. Either Mueller is incompetent or is a liar. 

Mueller was forbidden by the DOJ to go beyond what is already written in his report. That's why it was boring as he was not allowed to provide any answer that was not already in the report to questions by Dem or GOP reps alike.

“Any testimony must remain within the boundaries of your public report because matters within the scope of your investigation were covered by executive privilege, including information protected by law enforcement, deliberative process, attorney work product, and presidential communications privileges,” Associate Deputy Attorney General Bradley Weinsheimer wrote in a letter to Mueller that was obtained by The Hill.

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/454233-doj-tells-mueller-to-limit-testimony-to-his-public-report

Archived