How many visa runs can I successfully do before the authorities get suspicious?

Ok I plan to do this

tourist visa-> fly to the nearest capital city or the capital city of a visa free country-> get another tourist visa->back to thailand

repeat

mm, how long can a safely do this?

Taiwanese female in her early 20s 

Seem to recall from previous posts you are Taiwanese national? Uboejoe (as usual) has given you best suggestion.

Setv,s will very quickly give you problems. Especially if you have already been in Thailand for some time. History of how long you have been in los and using what? Tourist visas...would be useful. Seem to recall you asking about ed visa. In any event METV would be best if possible for you to obtain

• Like 2

I would just avoid TVs and entry on arrivals now. I know someone who was on TVs for a bit and then moved to an edu visa. All was fine until his edu finished and he flew out of and back into Thailand on the same day hoping to get a visa on arrival. He didn't and he was detained at the airport and sent back to his home country.

I'd say once you have used a visa on arrival and a TV, you never know what to expect. And it's seemingly getting worse.  

• Like 1

In any case, after the second one do be prepared to get inconvenienced. If I were you, I'll try exploring longer stay options rather than to risk it. We don't know your situation, but bouncing like that is setting yourself up for a potential hard time. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Seem to recall from previous posts you are Taiwanese national? Uboejoe (as usual) has given you best suggestion.

Setv,s will very quickly give you problems. Especially if you have already been in Thailand for some time. History of how long you have been in los and using what? Tourist visas...would be useful. Seem to recall you asking about ed visa. In any event METV would be best if possible for you to obtain

well my plan is: ED Visa for 1-1.5 yrs depending on the course

and then tourist visa until they stop me

so now I wonder WHEN they will STOP me 

5 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

Almost straight away after your ed visa. You quoted ubon and mentioned you carsick and hope to fly out and back in on setv and visa exempt. That will not work. 

Border/visa runs will be your only option after ed visa for 1-1.5 years.

Better plan.....do your ed visa and after that go live Vietnam. Very easy to stay there or Cambodia for some months then return to los.

Edited by DrJack54

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Almost straight away after your ed visa. You quoted ubon and mentioned you carsick and hope to fly out and back in on setv and visa exempt. That will not work. 

Border/visa runs will be your only option after ed visa for 1-1.5 years.

Better plan.....do your ed visa and after that go live Vietnam. Very easy to stay there or Cambodia for some months then return to los.

really? Why is that? I mean why won't it work

Vietnam?? Isn't it toooo backwards and poor there? @ least in Hanoi the weather is exactly like Taipei's so yeah 0.0

ok why do u think this is better than:

Ed->tourist->suspicious->Vietnam (my original plan) 

12 minutes ago, Lemonlime said:

If you play it right you can get a lot more than 1 - 1.5 years on a ED Visa

• Like 1

The advice that using tourist visas and entering by air is problematic after any extended stay in Thailand is currently accurate. To be honest, if you are asking what might happen 18 months from now with your projected plans, we are guessing, and very possibly wrong. The situation is just too fluid to make reliable projections.

I expect you already know about the Thailand Elite program. If you really want to stay for several years in Thailand, that could be the (expensive) solution. You could make that decision a couple of months before the end of your education visa stay.

There are many more better ways for you to do this, but that is off topic. Answer is about 3-6 times if you did not do it a year ago already.

Also... bad luck can cut it to maybe only two times.. but if they have no reason to deny you like money and address.... my answer is in the region of truth...Someone is saying over 6 is a "no" and that makes sense from a thai standpoint.. then you can extend every time by 30 days which you can and then you have effectively 12... That loophole will not go unoticed....

• Like 1

I know some people that did this by going to Vientiane and getting double entry tourist visa.

Cross by land to Thailand. Get 2 months stay.

Then extend 1 month in immigration.

Then make a border run to activate the 2nd entry. Get 2 more months.

Then go to immigration again and extend 1 more month.

Then go to Vientiane.

Repeat this 4 times or so and then go to your embassy and apply for a new passport and then do it all over again.

One friend got a red stamp in Vientiane and only a single entry instead of double and then he just go a new passport and got double again.

2 minutes ago, hobz said:

I know some people that did this by going to Vientiane and getting double entry tourist visa.

Cross by land to Thailand. Get 2 months stay.

Then extend 1 month in immigration.

Then make a border run to activate the 2nd entry. Get 2 more months.

Then go to immigration again and extend 1 more month.

Then go to Vientiane.

Repeat this 4 times or so and then go to your embassy and apply for a new passport and then do it all over again.

One friend got a red stamp in Vientiane and only a single entry instead of double and then he just go a new passport and got double again.

When did you have these conversations with these people you know because Double Entry Tourist visas stopped years ago

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, hobz said:

Two entry tourist visas have not existed since 2015 when the multiple entry tourist visa became available.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lemonlime said:

border runs? ee, I get carsick >< Can I just fly out and fly in again? 

I love u ubonjoe u always give me the best advice ^3^

Good Luck ..as a young lady in her 20's from Taiwan you should follow ubonjoe's helpful advice. Otherwise expect to be questioned by Thai Immigration upon your first entry at an airport. Be prepared to show 20,000 Thai baht or its equivalent in CASH, your return flight out of Thailand within 60 days (assuming you get a 30 days extension)...and booking address for your initial days visit in Thailand.

Edited by travelerjim

1 hour ago, travelerjim said:

Good Luck ..as a young lady in her 20's from Taiwan you should follow ubonjoe's helpful advice. Otherwise expect to be questioned by Thai Immigration upon your first entry at an airport. Be prepared to show 20,000 Thai baht or its equivalent in CASH, your return flight out of Thailand within 60 days (assuming you get a 30 days extension)...and booking address for your initial days visit in Thailand.

Apart from your advice to op to follow ubonjoe advice re METV....Is the rest serious? OP mentions not wishing to do visa runs border re car sick. Implying fly out/in.

The 20k and rest is irrelevant. If imm suspect alien working they don't look at any evidence. OP has still not listed current previous stays in los. Recent thread from op was about ed for language other than Thai. Then changed to ed visa study Thai. 

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, hobz said:

I know

A Brit married (UK) to thai did the border runs why who knows..he got the boot blacklisted 1 year. 

He said he had had a fixer (lawyer) working it out prior... must’ve been something untold.

Let me keep it simple.

You do your one two years of your ED visas first. As long as they let you do it with whatever you want to study, including learning Chinese as a Taiwanese perhaps.

Then, 2 months before you can't do it anymore, you come back to this forum and ask us.

If we are still here and Thailand has not totally turned into North Korea by then , we will be able to offer more specific advice adapted to tourist visas in Thailand of 2021.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Apart from your advice to op to follow ubonjoe advice re METV....Is the rest serious? OP mentions not wishing to do visa runs border re car sick. Implying fly out/in.

The 20k and rest is irrelevant. If imm suspect alien working they don't look at any evidence. OP has still not listed current previous stays in los. Recent thread from op was about ed for language other than Thai. Then changed to ed visa study Thai. 

I mean, Thai-> another language other than Thai to extend my visa

well

1 hour ago, lkv said:

Let me keep it simple.

You do your one two years of your ED visas first. As long as they let you do it with whatever you want to study, including learning Chinese as a Taiwanese perhaps.

Then, 2 months before you can't do it anymore, you come back to this forum and ask us.

If we are still here and Thailand has not totally turned into North Korea by then , we will be able to offer more specific advice adapted to tourist visas in Thailand of 2021.

Tbh I grew up in various Anglophone countries so my chinese isn’t like a native’s lol

anyways I never knew that this changes THAT frequently. I thought it is like other countries. All set, the end... for a looong time 

2 hours ago, Lemonlime said:

anyways I never knew that this changes THAT frequently. I thought it is like other countries. All set, the end... for a looong time 

Just the way things are right now. Unfortunately it really isn't possible to tell you anything with certainty.

3 hours ago, Lemonlime said:

Tbh I grew up in various Anglophone countries so my chinese isn’t like a native’s lol

LOL you have a lot to learn about thailand.