Anyone been fishing to Cha Am Fishing park

Badrabbit

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I went was about six months ago. Fished the catfish lake. Seem to recall it costing 250 baht if you used your own rod. Fishing was pretty mutch non stop bites. Most fish arround the 3-5 kg mark. I have used their tackle on a previous occasion and was less than impressed with it. Why they don't spend a few baht on basic rod and reel upkeep I do not know. Perhaps they make more money if you constantly need to buy more floats, feeders etc. All said and done it is a nice place to fish at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you fish out in the middle you will get smaller fish, fishing close in is where you find the Monsters, seems it is the same as it was a couple of yrs ago, the downside is the rental equipment and the landing nets for a big fish water are a joke(if still the same) going this Nov for 3 days fishing.

Last time I went was about six months ago. Fished the catfish lake. Seem to recall it costing 250 baht if you used your own rod. Fishing was pretty mutch non stop bites. Most fish arround the 3-5 kg mark. I have used their tackle on a previous occasion and was less than impressed with it. Why they don't spend a few baht on basic rod and reel upkeep I do not know. Perhaps they make more money if you constantly need to buy more floats, feeders etc. All said and done it is a nice place to fish at a very reasonable price.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

If you fish out in the middle you will get smaller fish, fishing close in is where you find the Monsters, seems it is the same as it was a couple of yrs ago, the downside is the rental equipment and the landing nets for a big fish water are a joke(if still the same) going this Nov for 3 days fishing.

Thanks for the tip on where the bigger fish are.

While we are on subject off fishing gear ,any recommendations for gear ,,any online shops,,is there any telescopic rods that could cope with the bigger fish, should be getting to this area in September.

going on motor bike so no chance of taking full length rod.

have loads of questions....lol what sort of style bait/fishing techniques do they use here,,have done loads of carp fishing in Uk using Boilies and groundbait attached to feeders,,,,,,keep reading about bread paste here????

the downside to fishing here looks like the total lack of fish care once landed.

Doubt you will find a travel rod here, got mine from the UK, fishing is simple, cage feeder with short hook length(5 inches) cage feeder under a float again short hook length(5 inches) best bait for me is bread wrapped in Lumb.

While we are on subject off fishing gear ,any recommendations for gear ,,any online shops,,is there any telescopic rods that could cope with the bigger fish, should be getting to this area in September.

going on motor bike so no chance of taking full length rod.

have loads of questions....lol what sort of style bait/fishing techniques do they use here,,have done loads of carp fishing in Uk using Boilies and groundbait attached to feeders,,,,,,keep reading about bread paste here[emoji15]

the downside to fishing here looks like the total lack of fish care once landed.

48 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Doubt you will find a travel rod here, got mine from the UK, fishing is simple, cage feeder with short hook length(5 inches) cage feeder under a float again short hook length(5 inches) best bait for me is bread wrapped in Lumb.

Cool,,yeah done a little more research can see how they fish here now....found a little pond in krabi nothing serious there just  more for fun,will get up there next week to have a little practice ,then gonna get up around Cham and hua hin and check out 3 or 4 places up there,,,,,will do a report once I been up there.

pics from the little pond in krabi,,,,I’m having my doubts if the big fish in picture is still even in the pond????????????????,caught a squid out the adaman sea from my kayak last week????

what is lumb??????

2151B336-BAB9-4DBF-9FC3-AB8AF36F8C18.jpeg

A97EF7E5-10F2-4618-BE69-9879E8DB6F00.jpeg

5A5475C1-7152-42B0-9400-73B9B32FAF91.jpeg

81D848C9-4893-41F4-BFF5-22B363633593.jpeg

Lumb is granulated rice husk, most Thai fishing shops will sell it in bags but better to find a big Supercheap as it will be cheaper, carp and Mekong love it.

Cool,,yeah done a little more research can see how they fish here now....found a little pond in krabi nothing serious there just  more for fun,will get up there next week to have a little practice ,then gonna get up around Cham and hua hin and check out 3 or 4 places up there,,,,,will do a report once I been up there.
pics from the little pond in krabi,,,,I’m having my doubts if the big fish in picture is still even in the pond[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23],caught a squid out the adaman sea from my kayak last week[emoji12]

what is lumb??????

2151B336-BAB9-4DBF-9FC3-AB8AF36F8C18.thumb.jpeg.ad985a583750c76b2167b8299302e94f.jpeg
A97EF7E5-10F2-4618-BE69-9879E8DB6F00.thumb.jpeg.65427f660f5a9659530e463728d788d2.jpeg
5A5475C1-7152-42B0-9400-73B9B32FAF91.thumb.jpeg.9602cda66ade40013c7175c8548bfffa.jpeg
81D848C9-4893-41F4-BFF5-22B363633593.thumb.jpeg.adb904fb28f3e24cf172721274bff953.jpeg

Archived