Farang wedding Photographer

ChipButty

I met a young farang couple the other day who are looking to get married here next year,

Correct me if Im wrong, I asked them are they bringing a photographer with them from America, yes they said

Does he need a work permit, I told them I think he does you should check before he comes.

There was a time when a few did get arrested for having no WP

Technically I think they do,

I don't think they believed me

If a non-Thai, wants to work in Thailand they need a work permit. I believe wedding photographer is a profession that isn't approved for a permit because there are many in the game here who want the work themselves. They don't hesitate to call the cops if someone is spotted working at a wedding. Several Chinese photographers have been arrested in the past.

If the wedding is private, and photos aren't taken in public scenic areas they may not be caught out. Wedding guests taking photos on non professional equipment shouldn't be a problem.

14 hours ago, Old Croc said:

If a non-Thai, wants to work in Thailand they need a work permit. I believe wedding photographer is a profession that isn't approved for a permit because there are many in the game here who want the work themselves. They don't hesitate to call the cops if someone is spotted working at a wedding. Several Chinese photographers have been arrested in the past.

If the wedding is private, and photos aren't taken in public scenic areas they may not be caught out. Wedding guests taking photos on non professional equipment shouldn't be a problem.

I remember when them Chinese kept getting caught 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived