What a lot of cobras! But it's no laughing matter for one house owner....

webfact

What a lot of cobras! But it's no laughing matter for one house owner....

7pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a house owner in downtown Hat Yai in southern Thailand got the fright of their life when they went to the loo. 

Inside the bathroom was a two meter long cobra.

The door was slammed shut and the snake catchers were promptly called.

The snake men were also called to a house in Nathawee district of Songkhla. 

There in some vegetation by the side of a house a large King Cobra had taken up residence. 

7pm2.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

The snake - known as Ngu Jong Ang (or locally as Ngu Bong Laa) in Thai - was four meters long. 

It was milked of its venom by snake catchers before being returned to nature, said Thai Rath. 

Source: Thai Rath

What kind of herpetologist are you? All cobras have the same venom. But the king cobra stores a bigger amount in it's glands. Only younger cobras or almost all venomous snakes are deadlier because they can't control how much venom they'll inject at once.

So the cobra grew from 2 meters to 4 meters,or are they talking about 2 different ones ?

just yesterday heard a breaking of glass in my tool cupboard,

screws and glass all over the floor,thinking maybe a rat or

mouse might have knocked it of the shelf.

Cleaned it all up,and couple hours later went back to get a 

hammer,and there lying on the floor was a huge rat snake,

it must have been 2.5 meters, just left the door open and

hope it buggers off.

regards worgeordie

20 hours ago, Luuk Krueng said:

What kind of herpetologist are you? All cobras have the same venom. But the king cobra stores a bigger amount in it's glands. Only younger cobras or almost all venomous snakes are deadlier because they can't control how much venom they'll inject at once.

Hmmm ? I stand corrected then! I had been told by professional snake wranglers in Oz that baby venomous Aussie snakes like taipans browns and tigers (as examples) do indeed have by far more potent venom (per cc) than their adult counterparts.

If this is really true then be very afraid cause these three snakes make cobra venom look like cows milk!

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

Hmmm ? I stand corrected then! I had been told by professional snake wranglers in Oz that baby venomous Aussie snakes like taipans browns and tigers (as examples) do indeed have by far more potent venom (per cc) than their adult counterparts.

If this is really true then be very afraid cause these three snakes make cobra venom look like cows milk!

3 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

At the level of potency that these bad boys possess, does it really matter which one is gonna' kill you faster :blink:

and last I heard, "cows milk" couldn't kill and elephant the way a King Cobra can :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2019 at 6:53 PM, Luuk Krueng said:

as i understand the younger ones have more powerful venom to help protect them as they grow up   ...

Archived