BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thais seek lottery profits after death of farang big biker and his Thai girlfriend

Thais seek lottery profits after death of farang big biker and his Thai girlfriend

8pm.jpg

Locals in Ban Chang, Rayong, are convinced that there was a haunting experience in the town when a US man  and his teenage Thai girlfriend died earlier in the week. 

Now they are scrambling to get lottery tickets with some numbers on the road surface. 

A 49 year old American and a 19 year old Thai woman died on the Soon Karn Kha Road when they came off an 800 CC Red Kawasaki. They hit a piece of concrete leading to a drain that Thai Rath called the "Cement Block of Death".

Local motorcycle taxi rider Suthon Suklonleua said that the American was heading for Pattaya after taking the teen out of a bar. 

All the locals agreed that this was a case of "Tua Tai Tua Thaen" - or a restless and unrequited spirit taking another soul for themselves.

He explained: 

Two years ago at the start of 2017 at the exact same spot a Thai man on an 800 CC red Ducati had died. 

Apart from the bike specification similarities, it happened at exactly the same time too.

But there was more to fuel the superstitions. 

He showed two sets of markings on the road with the numbers 18 and 58. These were put there by contractors who are going to asphalt the road. 

He said the corpses of the latest victims were found directly over the numbers. 

He said that many in the neighborhood - people who wouldn't dare ride along here at night - were convinced this could only mean one thing. 

The numbers will come up in the next lottery. 

Many are now trying to find tickets with these numbers before the road is asphalted and the numbers disappear.

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-25

7 minutes ago, webfact said:

All the locals agreed that this was a case of "Tua Tai Tua Thaen" - or a restless and unrequited spirit taking another soul for themselves.

and this sums up the entire philosophy of Thai driving and road design. 

Outstanding logic.....creepy as it is. Anything to win a baht or two. That said, I've witnessed stranger things in other countries. 😀

I understand Thaksin's age was a popular choice on his birthday in the North.

Meantime, I'm feeling a tad envious of the family from Gisborne with their one-third share of Powerball in Oz. 36.6 million AUD. I'd even accept the current Thai baht : AUD exchange rate.

I would have thought Thai roads were enough of a lottery as is.

"Thais seek lottery profits after death of farang big biker and his Thai girlfriend"

"Local motorcycle taxi rider Suthon Suklonleua said that the American was heading for Pattaya after taking the teen out of a bar."

Poor lass went from "girlfriend" to "bargirl" pretty quickly into that story. 

27 minutes ago, webfact said:

All the locals agreed that this was a case of "Tua Tai Tua Thaen"

loosely translated as 'repair the F****** road'

Sometime back my wife played the numbers from an auto that had killed 3 outside Korat. She won 5000 baht.😥😁

My friend go to the doctor his phone number ended with 411

He write it and many write it . They all win. Who buy more win more someone win 200 000 dollars.

Some go to the temples the Monk give him 876 it come 875 how he know??????

In thailand all is possible

38 minutes ago, webfact said:

Bad juju Bwana...

smoke.JPG

45 minutes ago, webfact said:

"a US man  and his teenage Thai girlfriend"

"the American was heading for Pattaya after taking the teen out of a bar. 

So was his girlfriend working in a bar?

Or did he buy a short time "girl friend"?

So someone has to die,for others to get rich,or even just a few THB.

regards Worgeordie

they may have a point, it could be better than the crystal ball

54 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

and this sums up the entire philosophy of Thai driving and road design. 

But it does provide them with the title of "Hub of Stupidity" and you know how much Thais love their hubs 😉

Rubbish! Why don't you let them rest in peace?

What the heck's wrong with your Tua Tai Tua Thaen? Sick.