Should I change the Blue Housebook to a yellow one ?

Dears,

1.) What are the advantage to have a yellow Housebook (as an farang) instead of the blue one. ?

2.) What is the procedure

3.)Is it correct in order to get the Thai ID it needs to have a yellow housebook.?

PS (the final goal) : I think to register an last will it needs a 13 number id (Thai Id) otherwise they (computer system) can't do it.

THanks for all information.

Kindest regards

JH

You dont change a blue book for a yellow book, the yellow book is issued in addition to the blue book. Thai occupants go in the blue book and foreign occupants go in the yellow book. The procedure to get a yellow book varies depending on the Ampher. Yellow book is required to get a Pink foreigner ID (its not the same as a Thai national ID). Getting a yellow book/ID generates the 13 digit ID number.

Most Amphers will want the blue book/ house masters permission, an official translation of your name into Thai and possibly a witness.

Lots of threads on how to get and the pros and cons of yellow book and Pink ID. 

On 7/25/2019 at 12:24 PM, Peterw42 said:

You dont change a blue book for a yellow book, the yellow book is issued in addition to the blue book. Thai occupants go in the blue book and foreign occupants go in the yellow book. The procedure to get a yellow book varies depending on the Ampher. Yellow book is required to get a Pink foreigner ID (its not the same as a Thai national ID). Getting a yellow book/ID generates the 13 digit ID number.

Most Amphers will want the blue book/ house masters permission, an official translation of your name into Thai and possibly a witness.

Lots of threads on how to get and the pros and cons of yellow book and Pink ID. 

What is required to get a yellow book if you own a house via the company route? The blue book and name translation sound easy enough, but what would they want in the way of house master's permission?

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

What is required to get a yellow book if you own a house via the company route? The blue book and name translation sound easy enough, but what would they want in the way of house master's permission?

Depends on the local Ampher, they can all have differing requirements. The ownership of the property may not even come into it. Some may just want to see the property blue book, others may require permission from the person named as the house master in the blue book.

Below, documents required for Pattaya city hall.

image.thumb.png.825ad6afbe3f0f50cb199e031bf5872f.png

I had no problems took an hour I took my company papers and blue book and passport , the builders wife came with me as she arranged my electricity and all the other things such as building permit , blue book , she signed a form and off she went within the hour myself and wife had our names in a yellow book and were given pink ID Cards and as we are over 60 we were told no need to renew our ID Cards cost was 500 baht . Is the yellow book useful YES I use it for everything and I get discounts , no need to go to immigration to get a letter of residence , use it for our extension of stay , use it at the hospital / Dentist  They require your names in Thai language but has we married in Thailand years ago we provided out Thai marriage certificate which was in the Thai language..

53 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

I had no problems took an hour I took my company papers and blue book and passport , the builders wife came with me as she arranged my electricity and all the other things such as building permit , blue book , she signed a form and off she went within the hour myself and wife had our names in a yellow book and were given pink ID Cards and as we are over 60 we were told no need to renew our ID Cards cost was 500 baht . Is the yellow book useful YES I use it for everything and I get discounts , no need to go to immigration to get a letter of residence , use it for our extension of stay , use it at the hospital / Dentist  They require your names in Thai language but has we married in Thailand years ago we provided out Thai marriage certificate which was in the Thai language..

Where was this?

53 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

Thanks, I live in Pattaya so that's useful.

Just a few questions:

For #4, I could bring back my birth certificate from the UK and get it translated, but they also mention documents from buying a house. Is there anything in the pack of paperwork you get when buying a place via a company that would suffice, or maybe the annual balance sheet with your name on it?

#5, 2 photos 1 inc - what does that last bit mean?

#6, do you have to take two Thai witnesses with you to the amphur office, or can they just sign a piece of paper verifying that you are who you say?

Thanks.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:26 AM, Guderian said:

Given that a Thai Ltd Company is a 'Juristic Person' wouldn't that company get a blue Tabien Baan and not a yellow one?

1 hour ago, KhaoYai said:

Given that a Thai Ltd Company is a 'Juristic Person' wouldn't that company get a blue Tabien Baan and not a yellow one?

I've got the blue book, but it's no use to me as it's only for Thai people. For the uses that are mentioned above I need a yellow book as a farang.

Simple rule, if you local Amphur makes it reasonably easy to get a Yellow book, get it

If they make you jump through a whole lot of hoops you have to ask yourself is it really worth it ?  Just to save a few baht for a residency permit the few time you might need it

You only have to have it if you intend to apply for permanent residency, then it's part of the process 

Archived