American pedestrian killed after being hit by motorcycle north of Bangkok

webfact

American pedestrian killed after being hit by motorcycle north of Bangkok

9pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police and rescue services responded after reports that a foreign man had been hit by a motorcycle in Klong 1 Road leading to the Lumpini Township condominium just after midnight this morning. 

When Pratunam Chulalongkorn police arrived rescue worked from Ruam Katanyu were giving CPR to Mr Carl, 35, from the US. 

He died at the scene despite their efforts. 

Also at the scene was a taxi with a smashed front and a registration plate detached. It was driven by Natthapong, 56, who was waiting for the police to arrive.

Miss Natthakorn, 24, said that she was walking with two foreign friends and the victim. They were crossing the road on their way to get something to eat and the victim was leading the way. 

One motorcycle stopped to allow them to cross but another did not and slammed into Carl causing him to be hit by the taxi. 

The motorcyclist who caused the accident fled off into the night, she said. She was not sure of the type of bike or its number.  

The taxi driver said he had just dropped off a passenger at the condominium and was on his way to Rangsit when he saw the motorcycle hit the man crossing.

Police are interviewing the driver of the taxi again as investigations continue. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-25

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Very sad. Have to be so careful when crossing roads here. Unfortunately most drivers here don't see the importance of being aware of pedestrians when on the roads. 

Drivers here see it as its easier to just take them out like bugs when they hit the windshield.  Spray and wipe off, keep driving.

second road JOMTIEN, new crossing, they park right on the bloody crossing here. pedestrians still take their life in their hands when crossing, no one stops at all,  just as well not be there at all no respect, just dont care,

Folk who come from countries that drive on the right really must do a double take here too...Not saying that has anything to do with this calamity, just a thought...

Just hope there was CCTV around to catch the useless shit on the bike..

13 minutes ago, champers said:

Always look both ways, even on a one way street. RIP to the deceased.

Very true.

A friend on his bike was crashed into by a woman on holiday who rented a bike.

She was 'testing to the bike' by riding it along Second Road - the wrong way. She had no idea it was a one-way street.

1 minute ago, transam said:

Seems Razek is confused, what's confusing you chum....?

Not confused but sad they will never cutch him.

Wearing a medical glass for over 50 years old protect against accident and false view

7 minutes ago, transam said:

Seems Razek is confused, what's confusing you chum....

i think the Moto driver is like transam he does not differentiate between sad and confusid . Between drive and stop. Between lady and ladyboy

29 minutes ago, Razek said:

i think the Moto driver is like transam he does not differentiate between sad and confusid . Between drive and stop. Between lady and ladyboy

The sad/confused emiticons? are the most useless and most misunderstood. 

Better never to use them.

Do they mean I'm confused or sad or, do they mean the poster is confused/sad????

I'm confused. 

And Razek, your post is very close to an insult on another poster.

1 hour ago, mercman24 said:

second road JOMTIEN, new crossing, they park right on the bloody crossing here. pedestrians still take their life in their hands when crossing, no one stops at all,  just as well not be there at all no respect, just dont care,

Especially crossing "white & red zebra" front of Rompho market. Cars driving about 50-60kmph and won't mind about pedestrians at all. And there is 40kmph limit.

2 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Unfortunately most drivers here don't see the importance of being aware of pedestrians when on the roads. 

But also many pedestrians here don't see the importance if being aware of cars/bikes when on the roads.

26 minutes ago, Mak25 said:

But also many pedestrians here don't see the importance if being aware of cars/bikes when on the roads.

Sure, but the onus should always be on people in vehicles being extra vigilant and aware of their surroundings. At the end of the day, you're in control of a machine that could kill someone. When I'm driving here, I never switch off for a second. 

If you are a visitor one can forget easily your surrounding like stepping off the sidewalk if there is one not thinking traffic moves opposite of you. 

Living here you never take it for granted never think they are going to look after you which translate look after yourself. When crossing I do it slowly just because one slows down or stop everyone else is going to do the same.

What is missing here?  One motorbike stop another come and hit and kill the pedestrian anyone think why the motorbike taxi that stop didn't go after the runner? 

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Very sad. Have to be so careful when crossing roads here. Unfortunately most drivers here don't see the importance of being aware of pedestrians when on the roads. 

That can clearly be seen outside of the Rajabhat University in Buriram where they park motorcycles on both sides of the blue zebra crossings.

1 minute ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

That can clearly be seen outside of the Rajabhat University in Buriram where they park motorcycles on both sides of the blue zebra crossings.

Blue zebra crossings? Is that a Thai strain from the original African variety?

3 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

Motorbike did not stop! Absolutely no surprise there, if someone did in Thailand after an accident  I would be shocked. 

A few years ago I did when some jerk ran into the side of my pick up on a motorbike without looking ... entirely his fault. Even our insurance assessor said it was based on the dame to my pick-up and where the guy ended up on the road. Ha, bl@@dy ha, I ended up having to admit guilt because the corrupt head of the local police and the lying family of the guy that hit me all said it was my fault. I would tell the whole story here but it's too long and laughable. I won't bloody stop again if I can see that legging it was an option. 

4 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Or pavements for that matter.

Archived