100,000b payable to wife on death

16 minutes ago, Skallywag said:

Nonsense, these 2 things are not related

I was not stating a fact. That is why I started my statement with the word "maybe".

Perhaps you should shed light on your theory. <snip>

if you are official married, registerd and at least 1 partner pays in to social security e.g. as employee then there are benefits for the spouse "allowance for death" of 90k - not related to the yellow book as I am aware.....

could be reference to the death fund of the village.  every time someone in the village dies you family contributes set amount depending on number in your family, the family of deceased gets the 100000 baht.  records are kept in ledgers, miss three contributions and can be not paid for someone in your families death.  The fund administered bank for ag. ag.coops in our village.

Not sure about the need for the house book, 100,000 is not a lot for a payout at least to many foreigners.  It doesn't even have to be a life insurance policy, a life insurance policy the pay out would be much larger from my experience.

In many policies like Medical or Accident on death there is a small pay out.  Example, my son AXA health has such a clause same as his Accident Insurance both designated to his mother. 

My wife had a 500k baht life policy on me.

When she pays the yearly premium she asks me for a copy of my passport photo page and for me to sign it.

Which I do and have never been asked to supply any other documents. 

I'm on a Non O marriage and also have a yellow book, Thai DL.

12 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

My wife had a 500k baht life policy on me.

When she pays the yearly premium she asks me for a copy of my passport photo page and for me to sign it.

Which I do and have never been asked to supply any other documents. 

I'm on a Non O marriage and also have a yellow book, Thai DL.

Sounds like you may want to sleep with one eye open so Andy don't cop it???? 

My GF has some (imo stupid) life insurance policy in which you pay some amount of money every year and after 10 years or in the event of death they pay you back 100.000 bath. She has the same kind of insurance on her mother. I don't know if a yellow book needs to be involved in this, might be. 

Archived