Pai Immigration -- 90-day report refused

41 minutes ago, Goldbear said:

So my questions to all of you who might know the current rules are this:

1) Are they correct? It doesn't seem possible since there is no advance notice. What if I had come in on the last day? I think it must be a misunderstanding. I hope it is. 

2) If they are not correct, what is my recourse? I don't like arguing with Thais, especially those in power, due to the "loss of face" thing.

Totally out of all logic and breaking the Immigration Law to such extent that they should be hanged. Not correct.

The only thing they could possibly had been asking for would have been regular transfers of 65k baht or over since the 1st of januari this year, but most offices do not bother with that either.

You are definately not obligated to have 400k baht in an account for them to approve your 90 day report. This you should immediately report to the Immigration hotline 1178.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Goldbear immigration offices make up rules as they see fit.

I had problems 7 years ago with MHS immigration refusing to do my 90 day.

Saying that today my wife went to Khonkaen immigration office to do my 90, io said next time they wont do it, unless my wife produces photos of me confined to my bed ( i am paraplegic ).

Now that office have several photos of me on file, but no he says my wife has to produce more photos.

They are truly horrible in some places. But, what the heck. Send them a photo each time. Maybe they have some wierd sickos that get of on them.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Ask them to write down and sign the reason for your refusal.

But make sure you have a Thai with you, as they may do it, but in Thai and goodness knows what they would sign up to.   My advice would be to reset and try to do it by post.

6 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

But make sure you have a Thai with you, as they may do it, but in Thai and goodness knows what they would sign up to.   My advice would be to reset and try to do it by post.

Yeah my thoughts as well. Do an in and out clearing it up, and then your suggestions of mailing it in to avoid the office altogether. No sense in making a problem with it in such a small place which could lead to further renewal extension problems in the future..

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

They are truly horrible in some places. But, what the heck. Send them a photo each time. Maybe they have some wierd sickos that get of on them. 

You should always be one step ahead of them. He should ask for the IOs Line ID because he will video call him when his next report is due.

52 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Or all the 1178 helpline.

Oh, that's helpful.  Not.  I'm assuming you have never dialed this "helpline."  

It has no business being called a "helpline" by anyone.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You could do a quick hop out and back in to clear the 90 days that way if you can't clear it up with them. Just creates more hassle though, even if it isn't required for monthly income.

sure, but then won't he have to go in to the same office to do a TM-30?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

You could do a quick hop out and back in to clear the 90 days that way if you can't clear it up with them. Just creates more hassle though, even if it isn't required for monthly income.

@ubonjoe and others, does a border hop clear 90 day reporting requirement for extension of stay??    

wouldn't OP need to get re-entry permit before leaving to preserve his existing extension?

12 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

do your 90day online or by mail

if your not in the 8-14 day window, do a border hop which resets your 90-day count

i was thinking something similar about the online 90 day report.

see above about the border hop question

1 minute ago, 4evermaat said:

wouldn't OP need to get re-entry permit before leaving to preserve his existing extension?

Absolutely, without that he will just get a 30 day stamp when he returns, if he's lucky enough to be allowed in that is.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ukrules said:

I suggest he phones someone in Bangkok and gets them to correct the <deleted> who have zero clue what they're doing.

Has anybody any experience of the willingness of Immigration head office to rectify the wrong doing of local offices?

My only knowledge is that of a friend who called Bangkok when his local office were interpreting other rules in their own particular way.  The person he spoke to indeed confirmed that the local office was wrong but refused to call them and put them right.

• Like 1

I like the suggestions that you go out and in of Thailand to resolve the immediate problem. Maybe later the situation in your Immigration office will change. You are probably not the only person to have to do a 90-day report. Then use the next 90 days to set up online reporting.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KhaoYai said:

Has anybody any experience of the willingness of Immigration head office to rectify the wrong doing of local offices?

My only knowledge is that of a friend who called Bangkok when his local office were interpreting other rules in their own particular way.  The person he spoke to indeed confirmed that the local office was wrong but refused to call them and put them right.

Never heard of recording phone calls?  My phone has one.  

So just to be clear, the re-entry will clear the 90 day requirement.

฿1,000 + the cost of border hop = an expensive 90 day report.  But if OP is willing to just get it out of the way for now (assuming online method doesn't work).

Or just don't do the report.  People have been doing that since forever.   You're going to have to take a risk one way or the other.

Edited by 4evermaat