Condo Pratumnak

E020

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys for all your information. I am going to rent for one month.

Has anybody experience with the View Cosy Beach ? How is the transportation to there? Are there enough things to do around? I will rent for 1 month first so I can check around other places for after that month for a more long term deal.

pratumnak is nice and the condos are nice with a good price, the problem is that there are not a lot of different food options for a long term stay. your also walking all the time to the main road to get at anything if your not renting transpo.

im all about renting closer to the main area for longer term stays, if going out on the town is your thing and you do t want to just hole up somewhere.

forget wired internet in thailand, its all about wifi and mobile data.

55 minutes ago, fhickson said:

pratumnak is nice and the condos are nice with a good price, the problem is that there are not a lot of different food options for a long term stay. your also walking all the time to the main road to get at anything if your not renting transpo.

im all about renting closer to the main area for longer term stays, if going out on the town is your thing and you do t want to just hole up somewhere.

forget wired internet in thailand, its all about wifi and mobile data.

Thank you so much for this information.

I will defenitely rent a motorbike, but its good to see that you confirm this. Where do you personally recommend to have a laid back vibe, away from the crazyness in central, but close to central? I personally think about Unixx, Cosy(purely because of the view...) or Jomtien. Thing is I have never been to Jomtien. Thats why I will rent a condo for one month, explore the area, and make a decision after this month.

I think I will be staying mostly in Pattaya in the beginning. Ive never been there longer then a few days, so theres a lot to explore.

11 hours ago, E020 said:

Thanks guys for all your information. I am going to rent for one month.

Has anybody experience with the View Cosy Beach ? How is the transportation to there? Are there enough things to do around? I will rent for 1 month first so I can check around other places for after that month for a more long term deal.

Forever walking up hills and arguing with transport.

11 hours ago, E020 said:

I will defenitely rent a motorbike, but its good to see that you confirm this. Where do you personally recommend to have a laid back vibe, away from the crazyness in central, but close to central? I personally think about Unixx, Cosy(purely because of the view...) or Jomtien. Thing is I have never been to Jomtien. Thats why I will rent a condo for one month, explore the area, and make a decision after this month.

I think I will be staying mostly in Pattaya in the beginning. Ive never been there longer then a few days, so theres a lot to explore.

Lots of nice condos in Pratumnak.  You may want to be closer to the Baht Bus route than Cosy beach.  Look at other options like Tara Court, Axis, Treetops.  Good hunting.

18 hours ago, E020 said:

hate to plug airbnb, but most listings there have a shot of the front of the condo building with name. you can see what the rooms look like in the listing along with a rough map. then look up the name on google to get the exact location.

make a list and visit in person. ask about units for rent. dont mention the airbnb price.

Thanks guys. Found a great deal at airbnb for the first month. Will explore the areas myself instead of bothering you guys in the meantime for a longer teem house. You all are amazing and have helped me a lot.

Its  unixxx for the first month

1 hour ago, E020 said:

Thanks guys. Found a great deal at airbnb for the first month. Will explore the areas myself instead of bothering you guys in the meantime for a longer teem house. You all are amazing and have helped me a lot.

Its  unixxx for the first month

I will have money on it you won't stay there a second month unless you like sitting on the sofa in a box in the sky and being able to touch the walls around you. You speak Chinese? You will be fluent by the time you leave.

On 10/16/2019 at 6:36 AM, jacko45k said:

Forever walking up hills and arguing with transport.

went into pratumnak hill area today where all those high rise condos are.

the area truly sucks balls. walking up and down hills through a big construction zone with no sidewalks. moto taxis and trucks charging double the going rate. could not pay me to live there.

this is the hill area by buddha hill btw, not the area lower down by the russian market which is better.

I don't know any Farangs who like to stay in Unixx.  Anyone I know on that side of Walking street is usually up on Pratamnuk hill or in Jomtien in one of the ViewTalay condos.  You pretty much need a bike or car on Pratmnuk hill but can easily just use Baht buses if staying in ViewTalay condos in Jomtien.   

I think there are lots of Russians staying in Unixx and it is close to walking street but that's about the only good thing about it as far as I can tell.  You are not going to be spending all your time on Walking Street, especially during the day and it's a ways from any decent beaches and variety of restaurants/grocery stores from there.  Wouldn't be my first choice but up to you. 

For me, I would prefer to be in "Center Condo" or "The Base" or in those general areas if I wanted to be close to walking street and the beach as well as easy walking distance to daytime places like the malls and restaurants and next to baht bus routes.

The ultimate convenience would probably be ViewTalay 6 right next to Center Festival mall and the beach and about a 15 minute walk to walking street but that's probably going to be above your budget.

I need good internet too.  That's not really a problem anymore with 4G mobile data which has good coverage and signal all over Pattaya now.  So as long as you can get good 4G signal in your room that is a good option or backup if the room wifi is not so great or not so realiable for whatever reason.

if you want to go low rent but still be farang friendly theres nirun condos which is pretty close to the action. monthly starts at 5k-10k. not the same scene as unixx or view talay though. 

theres also maxx city and maxx central, newer but in a low rent area, starts around 13-15k. go where your comfortable, not just based on price alone.

4 hours ago, fhickson said:

if you want to go low rent but still be farang friendly theres nirun condos which is pretty close to the action. monthly starts at 5k-10k. not the same scene as unixx or view talay though. 

That box before the last box! 

Archived