Maximum Thai Child age to get a visa Non O based on Thai child?

Is there a limit age of the Child when you are applying for a Non O based on Thai Child?

I heard before that the child can't be over 20 but I am not sure it is confirm or not?

I have been getting 1 year Non O multiple for the past several years in without any issue. The last one I got was last November 2018 so will expired this coming November 2019. My son turned 20 last May 2019 so I am not sure it will accepted this time.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

On 7/25/2019 at 8:42 PM, elviajero said:

The age limit of 20 is for non-Thai children wanting extensions of stay to visit their family.

Double check that, one of mine is currently here on a visit family extension. 21 years of age at time of application, issued at Phuket office.

19 minutes ago, pookett said:
On 7/25/2019 at 2:42 PM, elviajero said:

The age limit of 20 is for non-Thai children wanting extensions of stay to visit their family.

Double check that, one of mine is currently here on a visit family extension. 21 years of age at time of application, issued at Phuket office.

It’s age 20 under the rules unless the child is disabled and requires care from the parent. 

5D712270-10A1-4933-9789-B92BAEE6B278.jpeg

How close to 21 were they when applying?

Edited by elviajero

On 7/27/2019 at 1:57 PM, elviajero said:

It’s age 20 under the rules unless the child is disabled and requires care from the parent. 

5D712270-10A1-4933-9789-B92BAEE6B278.jpeg

How close to 21 were they when applying?

As stated, already 21 at time of application. 21stBday 4 months previous to application and perfectly healthy.

Edited by pookett

2 hours ago, pookett said:

As stated, already 21 at time of application. 21stBday 4 months previous to application and perfectly healthy.

I have asked UBJ a few times and he always says no age limit to get a visa or to keep the extension running based on your Thai children. As stated by Elviajero, it is based on non Thai children that has the cap at 20. I still have this feeling that the IO will read it the other way but so far I have never heard of anyone extending with an adult Thai son or daughter. So I also think there is an added cap that they can be in University and you can get a couple more years other than 20 out of it. I personally have interest in this topic so would love to hear everyone's story. 

I got one in Savannakhet a few months ago and was told in no uncertain terms that they would not issue me another visa of this kind after she was 18. She will be 18 next month. As usual it seems that they just make up whatever rules they want. Good luck to the op.

I have asked UBJ a few times and he always says no age limit to get a visa or to keep the extension running based on your Thai children. As stated by Elviajero, it is based on non Thai children that has the cap at 20. I still have this feeling that the IO will read it the other way but so far I have never heard of anyone extending with an adult Thai son or daughter. So I also think there is an added cap that they can be in University and you can get a couple more years other than 20 out of it. I personally have interest in this topic so would love to hear everyone's story. 
I will find out soon. My son (Thai) turned 20 years old last May 2019. I will apply for a new visa (not extension. 1 year Non O Multiple) this coming November 2019.

I got one in Savannakhet a few months ago and was told in no uncertain terms that they would not issue me another visa of this kind after she was 18. She will be 18 next month. As usual it seems that they just make up whatever rules they want. Good luck to the op.
The last Visa (Non O 1 year) based on my Thai son was issued in Yangon last November 2018. My son was 19 years old and there was no question about his age.